Politics and other such topical creams.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Schappel Corby Checking Out Of Hotel K

Post by 101Walterton »

muppet hi fi wrote:
tepista wrote:Some Indonesian junk that's goin' rooooooooound
It was weed.
and it was Australian weed. Ms Corby was importing to Bali not exporting.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

101Walterton wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
It was weed.
i don't get the distinction Wally. Of course it was Aussie weed and was importing, that's why she was arrested. Am I missing something?
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Purple Hayes wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:A pretty white girl, I can't believe she was convicted.
The world is more than America, you know.
Well, yeah. If you count the lame parts.
Does that include Iowa and Nebraska? Got to say they looked pretty damn lame as I passed through on a bus one November, there's more to these places than dead stalks?.Right? Suicidal thoughts crossed my mind at a stopoff for a fuckin' saddle in Woodbine,Iowa. Passing through PA, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin and Colorado all had some points of interest but Iowa and Nebraska seriously bummed me out...Even Utah looked fun compared to them..
Man, I was just trying to obliquely make fun of Canada

I have family in Iowa. My dad grew up there. It is so damn boring.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Wolter wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Does that include Iowa and Nebraska? Got to say they looked pretty damn lame as I passed through on a bus one November, there's more to these places than dead stalks?.Right? Suicidal thoughts crossed my mind at a stopoff for a fuckin' saddle in Woodbine,Iowa. Passing through PA, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin and Colorado all had some points of interest but Iowa and Nebraska seriously bummed me out...Even Utah looked fun compared to them..

Sure - Iowa, Illinois, Indiana - especially on the bus it's just miles of nothing.
And guess what? From London, from London Bridge tube station, all the way south to Dover on the coast, on the Hastings line - with the odd bursts of "this green and pleasant land" from the window, the rest, like 80%, is nothing but red brick council flats, dirty industrial wasteland, and gray tower block housing estates. And believe you me, I love Britain and would move there next week if I could. But Parts of the US "heartland" have some great qualities, some great beauties, as well.(even though the people often suck, as I'm sure they do in Tottenham, Glasgow, Manchester, where ever :mrgreen: ).
EDIT: this was directed more so at the Purple One than you, Wolt.

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

If you'd have got the train ooop North, you would have seen exactly the same 'til you got to North Yorkshire, we're kind of overcrowded over here....

If you'd like exciting vistas like Iowa and Nebraska can I direct Sir to Lincolnshire, Cambridgshire and Norfolk, they are flat, agricultural and very lame in my opinion
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Wolter wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I know, I just remember you agreeing with me years ago that Iowa and Nebraska are deadly dulll ;)
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

The important thing to remember here is that Canada is lame.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Wolter wrote:The important thing to remember here is that Canada is lame.
And what's with Australia? Mostly red dirt and every creature is a potential killer, their lager sucks too...And we're back :mrgreen:

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

muppet hi fi wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
It was weed.
i don't get the distinction Wally. Of course it was Aussie weed and was importing, that's why she was arrested. Am I missing something?
Usually people are arrested trying to take drugs out of Indonesia (see Bali 9) not bring drugs in.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

101Walterton wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
It was weed.
Usually people are arrested trying to take drugs out of Indonesia (see Bali 9) not bring drugs in.
Got it mate, point taken, thanks.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

muppet hi fi wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote: It was weed.
Got it mate, point taken, thanks.
It's like taking coal to Newcastle however she was carrying hydroponic skunk for the expat Aussie surfers. The local weed just doesn't cut the mustard.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Purple Hayes wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Seriously Tep you make a good point. The reason that it is such big news down this way (and has been for the past 10 years) is because she is a pretty white girl. There are two Aussie on death row in the same prison however they have never had the same press or public interest / sympathy because one is Chinese origin and the other is black.
When you are on death row you do not get an execution date they wake you in the night, take you out and shoot you without warning therefore every night you go to bed not knowing if it will be your last!!!
A Scottish and an Irish girl made the news here when they got caught in Peru, claimed they'd been forced by gangsters to do it but eventually they dropped the cock and bull story pleaded guilty and got 10 years, if they'd been black or latino we wouldn't have heard too much about it I think....TV/Print News is the same as all other corporations readers/viewers are important and the plight of pretty white girls in danger abroad among the savages will garner viewers/readers and that is the bottom line, sadly... :(
I wrote a terrible song about that Irish girl in Peru. It was bad, it was.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Silent Majority wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Seriously Tep you make a good point. The reason that it is such big news down this way (and has been for the past 10 years) is because she is a pretty white girl. There are two Aussie on death row in the same prison however they have never had the same press or public interest / sympathy because one is Chinese origin and the other is black.
When you are on death row you do not get an execution date they wake you in the night, take you out and shoot you without warning therefore every night you go to bed not knowing if it will be your last!!!
A Scottish and an Irish girl made the news here when they got caught in Peru, claimed they'd been forced by gangsters to do it but eventually they dropped the cock and bull story pleaded guilty and got 10 years, if they'd been black or latino we wouldn't have heard too much about it I think....TV/Print News is the same as all other corporations readers/viewers are important and the plight of pretty white girls in danger abroad among the savages will garner viewers/readers and that is the bottom line, sadly... :(
I wrote a terrible song about that Irish girl in Peru. It was bad, it was.
Strange hairdo, looked like Minnie Mouse...

Conrad
Corner Soul

Post by Conrad »

muppet hi fi wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: The world is more than America, you know.
I'm just standing my ground.
In America we never extradite white females convicted in another country who are well-prepped by their handlers to act normal during a soft-focus daytime TV interview:

It's the rule of law.
Oh, She'll get extradited, no doubt about it, should imagine the US and Italy wouldn't want any problems in this case which might harm their battle against organised crime which involves plenty of extradition both ways, think most of the planet dislikes her anyway, always comes across about as foxy as roadkill to me
Doubt it. We have double-jeopardy laws in the US, and in any case, I don't there's anyone in the US State Dept. who doesn't laugh out loud at the mere thought of Italian government and police/judicial officials. Don't know how this case was reported in the UK, what with Merdith Kertcher being a Brit national, but the guy who murdered her is IN fucking prison FOR her murder.
Here's a site dedicated to her innocence. Some pretty revealing stuff. Check the Professional Analysis section with an FBI guy named Steve Moore.
http://www.injusticeinperugia.org/RecentNews.html
Pretty much the view I was confronted with when I debated the matter on the comments forum of the Seattle Times, a couple weekends ago. If your double-jeopardy standard is breached, then there is a case for not extraditing her (if the verdict becomes final). On the other hand, if the whole point is "the case was handled badly, the conviction is unfair", then I do not follow you. Don't want to make this a US v. Italy fight, but for reciprocity, check out the Chico Forti case for an Italian national jailed for life in Florida on much less evidence than that against Amanda Knox. Which is basically what professor Alan Dershovitz said too. This is not to deny the flaws of our legal system, though.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Schappel is out and worth $3million AUD, still not worth it.

[youtube][/youtube]