Jeez, I had to stop reading that story, it was too much. :(
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Oh, Moranjortsfolk...

Post by Flex »

JennyB wrote:(This story is absolutely horrifying. No rape culture, you say?)
To add to that, comments on the linked story have been disabled but go to any other site that's picked this up and this is the tenor of a vast number of individual responses to the story:
I do not know if she got raped or not but this I know..... Ms. Daisy and her mother have learned very important life lessons......
1. 14 year olds need supervision. Why did mom allow her to go to a party by herself. Where were the parents of the teen giving the party.
2. you should never get drunk and loose your control. Never loose control by drinking or taking drugs goes for guys also.
Yeah, the problem here is the girl and her mother. Not the fucking piece of shit rapists or the horrible town that seems to condone that kind of behavior.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The age-old belief is obviously still alive that men can't control themselves so it's up to women to guide all encounters. While it was often treated as painting women as those responsible for civilizing society—that they are inherently more virtuous—what it amounts to is justification for blaming women when they are raped.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
JennyB wrote:(This story is absolutely horrifying. No rape culture, you say?)
To add to that, comments on the linked story have been disabled but go to any other site that's picked this up and this is the tenor of a vast number of individual responses to the story:
I do not know if she got raped or not but this I know..... Ms. Daisy and her mother have learned very important life lessons......
1. 14 year olds need supervision. Why did mom allow her to go to a party by herself. Where were the parents of the teen giving the party.
2. you should never get drunk and loose your control. Never loose control by drinking or taking drugs goes for guys also.
Yeah, the problem here is the girl and her mother. Not the fucking piece of shit rapists or the horrible town that seems to condone that kind of behavior.
There were many comments on Gawker int he same vein. Sickening.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/2 ... 33713.html

But, please, men's rights assholes, tell us more about how hard it is being a guy these days.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/2 ... 33713.html

But, please, men's rights assholes, tell us more about how hard it is being a guy these days.
God, "El-Rushbo" really likes to try and bully strong women.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

"women need to stop spreading their legs like peanut butter or rape is going to keep on happening 'til the cows come home."
omg

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Interesting article and all, but what does it have to do with St. Louis/Missouri?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:Interesting article and all, but what does it have to do with St. Louis/Missouri?
I was continuing what J had posted about the Missouri rape.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

matedog wrote:Interesting article and all, but what does it have to do with St. Louis/Missouri?
The pervasive attitude about blaming the victim in a rape case, and the somewhat more brazen resurgence of authority figures who should know better speaking their id on the subject. Also, this "dudebro" women's rights wolf-in-sheep's-clothing phenomenon that's become a "thing" of late.

UConn is in a tiny hick town in Eastern CT. While their problem is mainly a college rape culture thing, the administrators there know full well that the campus is in a relatively isolated hick town and that they have some degree of shielding in that location to keep dirty laundry from making its way back to Hartford. Pretty much any small-town large campus is the same. UConn, UMass, UNH, UMaine...they're all cesspits in similar fashion. This case in Missouri may not be in a college town, but this keeping-it-in-house phenomenon by using the insularity of the environment against the victim is much the same.

At least this Maryville story has broken full-viral and they are getting the full fury of national attention. Yeah, it's cynically cherry-picked...but they richly, richly deserve being made an example of. And the victim here is doing a superlative job stepping forward and being very open and matter-of-fact about it to the media without going overboard. She's showing herself to be the adult in the room in a sea of fucktards. That's one of the best possible ways to de-stigmatize victimhood. It's actually a bit inspiring to see.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Not to be confused with the Missouri Ape.

http://secretsaturdays.wikia.com/wiki/M ... uri_Ape%29
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Wait, how tall is Sammy Hagar? :shifty:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Wait, how tall is Sammy Hagar? :shifty:
:mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Ok, JennyB, what the everloving fuck?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Paul_sandwich
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:Ok, JennyB, what the everloving fuck?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Paul_sandwich
Yeah -- can't help you with that one. Never had it. St. Louis has a lot of very, um, dubious culinary staples. Provel cheese is this disgusting hybrid of provolone and what I can only imagine is Silly Putty. And brain sandwiches are also supposedly a delicacy in some parts. We do actually have some wonderful food here, but a lot of fucking gross food as well.
Got a Rake? Sure!