Gubmint Shartdown

Politics and other such topical creams.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Gubmint Shartdown

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:As I said on twitter, now that we have a shitty centrist president and an irrational republican congress that hates him despite his legislation mostly being in line with their corporatist goals, all of which is leading to a pointless shutdown, all of you 90s kids can finally relieve your stupid childhoods.
You just described the plot of WBTCORAR, Wolt.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

IkarisOne wrote:They're getting drunk because they know it's all a sham.
No. They're just gettin' wasted.

They're drunks. Drunk on power begetting drunk on drink and drunk on anything else. This is that phase of addiction where means and end for the vice become the same...and you're just gettin' wasted. Not caring is a void, not caring is a numbness, not caring is the lack of effort. Not caring is NOT some conspiratorial superposition. Because somebody would have to care enough to make the effort. And that is at direct odds with the numbing effect of chronic drunkenness. Honestly...we're at the 5 married middle-class sales managers snorting angel dust off a dead hooker's stomach in a smoke-filled hotel suite while at a conference in Boca stage of not caring in governance. In fact, I would not be surprised at all if Mossad has surveillance tapes of exactly that happening on that Congressional trip to Jerusalem last year where all the stories emerged of reps getting drunk and rowdy and going pantsless into the Dead Sea. They don't fuckin' care that much. Public service is one big keg-and-coke party now. Nobody goes into it anymore except those lookin' for a fix.

Does that sound more like "evil" or "stupid" to you?

Either the overclass is part of the human race and subject to basic human nature, or they are supernatural beings born from the ether who can overpower humans' basic tendency to be colossal fuck-ups in order to execute such perfectly coordinated control. Isn't calling it perfect "evil" giving them exactly the status they seek as supreme beings smarter and more cunning than thou? Why would anyone willingly dignify their actions with such a compliment?

They're stupid, obnoxious, self-medicating fuck-ups. And thoroughly human in all their crapulence. The absence of caring, the absence of thought, and the lizard-brain compulsion to just get loaded on _____ has wreaked far more destruction on the world throughout history than perfectly-laid plans ever did. This is the human race doing what it does best.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Ratty, you are going to look so foolish when it's revealed that Louie Gohmert and Barry Obama personally scripted years ago everything that's happening and are already working on the results of next year's election.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:As I said on twitter, now that we have a shitty centrist president and an irrational republican congress that hates him despite his legislation mostly being in line with their corporatist goals, all of which is leading to a pointless shutdown, all of you 90s kids can finally relieve your stupid childhoods.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
The Starship Code remains unlocked. Better luck next time.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
JennyB wrote:

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
The Starship Code remains unlocked. Better luck next time.
How to solve the Starship Code:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

JennyB wrote:

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
The difference is that under Clinton we had a roaring economy. These are the kinds of jobs Barackafeller is adding during the "recovery."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/new-jobs ... -part-time

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

IkarisOne wrote:
JennyB wrote:

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
The difference is that under Clinton we had a roaring economy. These are the kinds of jobs Barackafeller is adding during the "recovery."

Even $30,000 a year seems skint. With all these millionaires and billionaires out there nowadays you'd think that they'd adjust for inflations and even things out. I feel like this is the only reason, if any at all, that America seems to be doing "better" now financially as far as middle class individuals go; because they're taking advantage of us. Once the wage is highered and the jobs given aren't as scummy and hopeless, the nonexistent recovery, the lack of actually getting anywhere will really show itself. But I don't imagine Americans getting truly mad about it even then, so...

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

Chuck Mangione wrote:
IkarisOne wrote:
JennyB wrote:

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Even $30,000 a year seems skint. With all these millionaires and billionaires out there nowadays you'd think that they'd adjust for inflations and even things out. I feel like this is the only reason, if any at all, that America seems to be doing "better" now financially as far as middle class individuals go; because they're taking advantage of us. Once the wage is highered and the jobs given aren't as scummy and hopeless, the nonexistent recovery, the lack of actually getting anywhere will really show itself. But I don't imagine Americans getting truly mad about it even then, so...
Americans won't get mad because the Plutocrats have Baraxia™, the ultimate tranquilizer for brainwashed plebes®. This shutdown is a big Punch and Judy show that only obscures how Barackafeller's phony health care plan is going to force us all further down the road to serfdom. Why do you think the unions are up in arms over it? Look at all the vultures that are using it as an excuse to force everyone into part-time work.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

IkarisOne wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:
IkarisOne wrote:
JennyB wrote:

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Americans won't get mad because the Plutocrats have Baraxia™, the ultimate tranquilizer for brainwashed plebes®. This shutdown is a big Punch and Judy show that only obscures how Barackafeller's phony health care plan is going to force us all further down the road to serfdom. Why do you think the unions are up in arms over it? Look at all the vultures that are using it as an excuse to force everyone into part-time work.
Yup and on top of the part time they're (corporations) are cheap about it too. One week where I worked a guy called out for like two weeks. There was two workers to take his cover, me and another guy. instead of giving me and other guy the whole week 9-4/5 4/5-close they gave 6 days and a manager had to work on the 1 dayoff I got for that two week streak, and the 1 day off the other guy got. i believe i was given 39.5 hours that week. all this to avoid giving out 40 hours (overtime pay). Just how stingy can you get. It's as if Paul Getty runs every damn popular business alive today.

The same situation has happened to other coworkers as well. 38, 39 hours relentlessly. I'm sure other places too, probably by the same brand.

As far as Obama goes he is doubtlessly in my mind the perfect candidate for this type of exploitation and manipulation of the working man.

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

It gets worse: the stage magician (who are invariably the most immoral sleazebags on earth) plies his trade by distracting your attention with his left hand while he works his tricks with his right. http://www.truth-out.org/buzzflash/comm ... n-disguise

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:Image
Worst magic trick ever.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I wanted to post this in the 'cool as fuck' thread, but ratty would get mad

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

tepista wrote:I wanted to post this in the 'cool as fuck' thread, but ratty would get mad

Dead as fuck.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1151 ... ican-party

I've wondered whether the big result of the shutdown will be a formal split within the GOP, whereby the Tea Party caucus actually becomes a separate entity and the right is divided. Because the shutdown is, I think, only superficially about Obama and Obamacare, but is, rather, a Republican civil war played out on the national stage. (I've mentioned several times in the past Geoffrey Kabaservice's book on the Republican Party since Eisenhower, and his thesis—that since the 50s Republicans have been more at war with each other than against Democrats—seems to be playing quite vividly right now.) At what point do the all-or-nothing crowd conclude that the majority of GOP just isn't pure enough and goes it alone?