Woolwich

Politics and other such topical creams.
101Walterton
The Best

Woolwich

Post by 101Walterton »

Those guys aren't terrorists they are just nutters who happen to be Muslim. His rant is nonsensical and the only thing this will achieve is racial hatred and more deaths. Shame the video got out it will only make things worse.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Woolwich

Post by matedog »

The video is so weird. Who would idly tape some guy holding a cleaver who JUST killed someone with that very cleaver. I'd run the fuck away from him.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Yeah. Bastard rolling 24 hour news cycles are a sin, with their conjecture and misinformation. You could see the BBC presenters perk up like a dog at dinner time when the fact that the lunatics might be muslim. The only sources for the shout of 'Allahu Akbar' are the government and the police. No eyewitnesses say it, and the police weren't on the scene for a long time afterwards. What I kept hearing, from authoritative looking experts in expensive suits was: "I must stress, that this is all unconfirmed." How about some respectful silence while the corpse cools before putting that kind of information into the public sphere? People who want to hear that stuff are never bothered by retraction. And the British soldier element is even more distasteful, leading to a few acquaintances getting dropped off my social media.

"Its awful when a british soldier dies fighting wars for our country BUT it is wrong,sick and disgusting when one dies walking in his own country!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH WE WANT ENGLAND BACK!!"

"There all the fucking same, every last one of em"

"BNP i think its your time to step up"

Thick headed bigots, just waiting for an excuse. I honestly don't understand how this is terrorist, or what terrorist means now. Foreigner, non-christian?
Last edited by Silent Majority on 22 May 2013, 6:18pm, edited 1 time in total.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Well said mate. It is all so disrespectful to the family of the man that died, it's like he's a byproduct of the news entertainment medium. A "friend" of mine on Facebook has just posted "send them all back home." What a bloody idiot, and he won't be alone in those sentiments.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

I generally lean towards the government being incompetent rather than manipulatively evil, but the gleeful assimilation of the Philpott case by the conservatives as an example of why benefits need to be cut, like Thatcher's Party Political Broadcast Funeral, has knocked that generosity out of me.

With no paranoia, I honestly think that this is going to be used as a stick to push through harsh, unfair immigration reform. And the media's just the mouthpiece, with no reason to check the facts because facts don't garner ratings.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Fucking EDL are all over Woolwich at the moment. I'm so angry at everything.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:Fucking EDL are all over Woolwich at the moment. I'm so angry at everything.
Just those 3 letters make me cringe.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

deedar
Corner Soul

Post by deedar »

Heston wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:Fucking EDL are all over Woolwich at the moment. I'm so angry at everything.
What?

English Disco Lovers Upset you so much??

http://www.edl.me/

deedar
Corner Soul

Post by deedar »

26 May 1913
By The way Your Avatar?

Peter Cushing Would Have Been 100 year old Today

I watched on thursday The newly restored version of the 1958 Dracula,

Simply awesome.

Heston

Post by Heston »

deedar wrote:
Heston wrote:
What?

English Disco Lovers Upset you so much??

http://www.edl.me/
I'm English and own the Boney M discography, I bloody love disco.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Once again this forum proves it can bust the challenge of polarizing any deadly serious political topic, such as decapitation, and carry it to the likes of Boney M.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Chuck Mangione wrote:Once again this forum proves it can bust the challenge of polarizing any deadly serious political topic, such as decapitation, and carry it to the likes of Boney M.
Disappointed it took 10 posts!!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Terrorism?
http://www.channel4.com/news/woolwich-t ... -fire?3423

deedar wrote:
26 May 1913
By The way Your Avatar?

Peter Cushing Would Have Been 100 year old Today

I watched on thursday The newly restored version of the 1958 Dracula,

Simply awesome.
Brilliant actor, great film.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This is totally impressionistic and anecdotal, but the English seem to be better at that kind of vigilante vengeance insanity than Americans. The English always seem to back up the talk with genuine asshole behaviour. Kudos?
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
This is totally impressionistic and anecdotal, but the English seem to be better at that kind of vigilante vengeance insanity than Americans. The English always seem to back up the talk with genuine asshole behaviour. Kudos?
I'm just glad our nutters aren't armed to the teeth, would be carnage here...
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell