The list of perfect songs:

General music discussion.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: The list of perfect songs:

Post by Heston »

The land of rock doesn't seem to like rock. Pussies.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:The land of rock doesn't seem to like rock. Pussies.
All nations that didn't produce Kajagoogoo, please stand up.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
ALL IS FORGIVEN, DR. CANADA.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
ALL IS FORGIVEN, DR. CANADA.
*HIGH FIVES FOR SOME, KAJAGOOGOO FOR OTHERS*
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston could play the Zep card here with great effectiveness. But he won't.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
They are too shy.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

matedog wrote:However, the Alive version probably tops the Let It Be version for the reasons mentioned above - more rock.
This is true only if you're talking about Gene Simmons' stool. Which I can only assume you are, since the wrongness afoot has not yet collapsed this thread into a gravitational singularity.

Heston

Post by Heston »

I'd love a neutral platform on which to perform the ultimate Black Diamond vote.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:I'd love a neutral platform on which to perform the ultimate Black Diamond vote.
If you're serious, don't have it as a poll but rather invite a proper debate about the two versions between yourself and someone arguing for the Replacements (RP?).

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:I'd love a neutral platform on which to perform the ultimate Black Diamond vote.
If you're serious, don't have it as a poll but rather invite a proper debate about the two versions between yourself and someone arguing for the Replacements (RP?).
I nominate Ratty.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Been doing that on here for years. Some people just won't accept a polished professional rock performance over a second rate, pissed-up version that seems to have been thought out and executed in half an hour. The Replacements are cool though, therein lies the problem.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Been doing that on here for years. Some people just won't accept a polished professional rock performance over a second rate, pissed-up version that seems to have been thought out and executed in half an hour. The Replacements are cool though, therein lies the problem.
The discussion hasn't been that concentrated and aiming at persuasion. People have just been going with their basic preference. And in my case, your side has two obstacles: I don't like KISS and I do like the Replacements (albeit not a huge fan). But I'm willing to keep an open mind to a serious debate.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
And when the pissed-up version thought out and executed in *less than* half an hour turns out superior anyway?. . .

. . .you can always sell a few more lots of breakfast cereal for people with syphilis.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The discussion hasn't been that concentrated and aiming at persuasion. People have just been going with their basic preference. And in my case, your side has two obstacles: I don't like KISS and I do like the Replacements (albeit not a huge fan). But I'm willing to keep an open mind to a serious debate.

Okay, I'm signing my own death warrant, but I'm in. Who wants to kick this motherfucking shitshow off?

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Okay, I'm signing my own death warrant, but I'm in. Who wants to kick this motherfucking shitshow off?
Exquisite!