Best Twilight Zone episode. Go.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Re: Best Twilight Zone episode. Go.

Post by daredevil »

matedog wrote:
Flex wrote:Oh, and I don't know if it counts since it's technically not a TZ production - tho it was aired as a TZ episode: An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge. Very powerful.

I don't remember "I Sing the Body Electric" as being very good, but it was written by Ray Bradbury which is awesome. it doesn't instill the proper fear about the inevitable rise of robots tho, which is less awesome.
I tried to show Owl Creek Bridge in my sophomore year English class, but the teacher waited so damn long, that we only got like five minutes into the ep before class ended. The big surprise was never revealed, it was just the dude running around.

Encounter was also great and probably WAY ahead of its time in terms of addressing racial issues. The one problem was that Takei's character admits that he or his relatives (don't remember) were actually traitors in some fashion which was not true to real life and very counterproductive.
Encounter is one episode I've never watched.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Anyone know if TZ episodes are available on Netflix? I'm too lazy to tap on my Netflix app.

ETA: a burst of energy lead me to discover that, indeed, they are!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

JennyB wrote:Anyone know if TZ episodes are available on Netflix? I'm too lazy to tap on my Netflix app.

yes, the entire series is on instant
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

tepista wrote:
JennyB wrote:Anyone know if TZ episodes are available on Netflix? I'm too lazy to tap on my Netflix app.

Just watched the genie one. :mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

JennyB wrote:
tepista wrote:

Just watched the genie one. :mrgreen:
I suppose I'll watch Owl Creek and Encounter soon, since they aren't ringing any bells.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

tepista wrote:I suppose I'll watch Owl Creek and Encounter soon, since they aren't ringing any bells.
I schooled tep at Twilight Zone. :cool:

(There are a bunch listed here that don't ring any bells for me)
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Flex wrote:
tepista wrote:I suppose I'll watch Owl Creek and Encounter soon, since they aren't ringing any bells.
I schooled tep at Twilight Zone. :cool:

(There are a bunch listed here that don't ring any bells for me)
Season 5 eps 23 & 31 respectively, I may just watch them tonight!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

To my memory, four Star Trek actors were in TZ eps—The Shat, Nimoy, Doohan, and Takei.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:To my memory, four Star Trek actors were in TZ eps—The Shat, Nimoy, Doohan, and Takei.
Uhura could have only been in Big Tall Wish, cuz thats the only one I can think of that had black people.

TJM
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by TJM »

I always liked the Billy Mumy one where he is the kid who controls the universe...turns his dad into a jack in the box. Maybe I like that one because it's a Simpson's Treehouse episode but the theme of adults doing everything to appease a child shows up in a bunch of movies/TV. Somebody mentioned the pre Mel Vic Tayback Talking Tina ep. that I love. There was also a western ep where some guy cons someone into paying him to bring back a dead family member then cons the rest of the town to pay him to not bring their family back to keep the horrible secrets they hold buried. Many great ones; I'm not much of a TZ scholar anymore...Maybe I'll go to the remedial class on Netflix.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

TJM wrote:I always liked the Billy Mumy one where he is the kid who controls the universe...turns his dad into a jack in the box. Maybe I like that one because it's a Simpson's Treehouse episode but the theme of adults doing everything to appease a child shows up in a bunch of movies/TV. Somebody mentioned the pre Mel Vic Tayback Talking Tina ep. that I love. There was also a western ep where some guy cons someone into paying him to bring back a dead family member then cons the rest of the town to pay him to not bring their family back to keep the horrible secrets they hold buried. Many great ones; I'm not much of a TZ scholar anymore...Maybe I'll go to the remedial class on Netflix.
That was a good one, good call. Talking Tina was Telly Savales though, eh, bald guys all look the same! ;)

I watched Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge and the Encounter last night. They were both OK, I wouldn't call either a to episode. Neville Brand from Encounter, the one who wasn't George Takei, was in a lot of horror films when he got old.

TJM
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by TJM »

tepista wrote:
TJM wrote:I always liked the Billy Mumy one where he is the kid who controls the universe...turns his dad into a jack in the box. Maybe I like that one because it's a Simpson's Treehouse episode but the theme of adults doing everything to appease a child shows up in a bunch of movies/TV. Somebody mentioned the pre Mel Vic Tayback Talking Tina ep. that I love. There was also a western ep where some guy cons someone into paying him to bring back a dead family member then cons the rest of the town to pay him to not bring their family back to keep the horrible secrets they hold buried. Many great ones; I'm not much of a TZ scholar anymore...Maybe I'll go to the remedial class on Netflix.
That was a good one, good call. Talking Tina was Telly Savales though, eh, bald guys all look the same! ;)

I watched Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge and the Encounter last night. They were both OK, I wouldn't call either a to episode. Neville Brand from Encounter, the one who wasn't George Takei, was in a lot of horror films when he got old.
Holy shit! I could have sworn it was Vic Tayback, I'll give myself a pass since I haven't seen it in about 10 years. I'm gonna netflix a few on the phone at lunch next week.

sidisaproblem
Corner Soul

Post by sidisaproblem »

tepista wrote:

I just got netflix and it's great that I can watch the Twilight Zone every day instead of on New Years and the 4th of July, or whenever the SyFy network decides to air it.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

sidisaproblem wrote:
tepista wrote:

I just got netflix and it's great that I can watch the Twilight Zone every day instead of on New Years and the 4th of July, or whenever the SyFy network decides to air it.
Also SyFy was editing them I noticed. 30 seconds here, 30 seconds there, more commercials.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

tepista wrote:Also SyFy was editing them I noticed. 30 seconds here, 30 seconds there, more commercials.
The ones on Netflix must come straight from the DVD source too, because they're cleaner than the ones shown on SyFy (to my eyes, anyways). I started watching TZ on Neflix instant last night and I was pretty impressed with the clarity and sharpness of the prints.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!