Best Twilight Zone episode. Go.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: Best Twilight Zone episode. Go.

Post by tepista »

sidisaproblem wrote:The one with Talky Tina, I don't remember the name of the episode though.
Living Doll. That was great one. Who could be such a horrible stepfather? Right from the first scene he was all "How much did that cost?" and "She's not MY daughter"
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Heston wrote:Any love for the 1983 movie? I loved it as a kid.
It's OK. I remember watching the news that Vic Morrow and 2 kids were killed during filming.
Vic Morrow was Stacy Hamilton's dad.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

JennyB wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
It's OK. I remember watching the news that Vic Morrow and 2 kids were killed during filming.
Love her, you can always count on her to take her top off.

I thought I saw TZ the Movie within the last few years, but it's not in my review archive

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Upthread I was going to make an oblique comment about JJL hating the movie, but found out that she was estranged from her dad since her parents' divorce.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I like the one with the ironic twist ending. I think Rod Serling was smoking during it.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:I like the one with the ironic twist ending. I think Rod Serling was smoking during it.
Yeah, the one with that famous actor before they became famous for being in that other show.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Excellent story, but being shot on video tape just ruins it for me. B&W video tape is without a doubt the most unwatchable format.
I used to feel that way, but I've inundated myself with enough old Doctor Who that I really don't care anymore. I even find it charming now.

I dunno if it's been mentioned (I'm not so good with the episode titles), but I love that one about the astronaut who arrives at the old lady's house and there's no dialogue during the whole episode. Great stuff.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Excellent story, but being shot on video tape just ruins it for me. B&W video tape is without a doubt the most unwatchable format.
I used to feel that way, but I've inundated myself with enough old Doctor Who that I really don't care anymore. I even find it charming now.

I dunno if it's been mentioned (I'm not so good with the episode titles), but I love that one about the astronaut who arrives at the old lady's house and there's no dialogue during the whole episode. Great stuff.
The Invaders with Agnes Moorehead

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Just a few weeks ago my sister called me and said her famz had been watching TZs on netflix instant every night, so she asked me to recommend some top eps, and I was all "get a pen." Then she was all "how the hell could you know the names of all the episodes?" I remember most of the titles, probably 80% I would guess.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

I don't remember the title, but the one about the couple who owned an antique store and are sold a bottle that turns out to have a genie inside.
The genie grants them 3 wishes and they get screwed everytime. The husband even ends up being Hitler because of a wish!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

daredevil wrote:I don't remember the title, but the one about the couple who owned an antique store and are sold a bottle that turns out to have a genie inside.
The genie grants them 3 wishes and they get screwed everytime. The husband even ends up being Hitler because of a wish!
Ha, yeah, that one is fun in being so obvious. "Oh no, I'm in a bunker at the end of World War II. I'm Hitler!" Looking out for the blind viewers, I guess.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

daredevil wrote:I don't remember the title, but the one about the couple who owned an antique store and are sold a bottle that turns out to have a genie inside.
Yeah, I mentioned that one too, thats onme of the few episodes I can't remember the title.

I'll look it up though..... The Man in the Bottle

Flex

Post by Flex »

Has Nothing in the Dark (I looked the title up!) been mentioned yet? That episode is boss. An old woman is a-feared of Death and becomes a recluse. Death turns out to be a young, handsome Robert Redford. Old lady is like "I want a piece of that" and she embraces death with acceptance. Such a fucking great episode. If I'm not going with a super obvious choice like Maple Street, this one is probably my fave.

Another one: The Encounter, with George Takei. Incredibly powerful, examines all kinds of tension - particularly racial - and was banned from broadcast for a long time.

Pex Lives!

Flex

Post by Flex »

Oh, and I don't know if it counts since it's technically not a TZ production - tho it was aired as a TZ episode: An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge. Very powerful.

I don't remember "I Sing the Body Electric" as being very good, but it was written by Ray Bradbury which is awesome. it doesn't instill the proper fear about the inevitable rise of robots tho, which is less awesome.

Pex Lives!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:Oh, and I don't know if it counts since it's technically not a TZ production - tho it was aired as a TZ episode: An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge. Very powerful.

I don't remember "I Sing the Body Electric" as being very good, but it was written by Ray Bradbury which is awesome. it doesn't instill the proper fear about the inevitable rise of robots tho, which is less awesome.
I tried to show Owl Creek Bridge in my sophomore year English class, but the teacher waited so damn long, that we only got like five minutes into the ep before class ended. The big surprise was never revealed, it was just the dude running around.

Encounter was also great and probably WAY ahead of its time in terms of addressing racial issues. The one problem was that Takei's character admits that he or his relatives (don't remember) were actually traitors in some fashion which was not true to real life and very counterproductive.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.