Parenting (...or My Precious Snowflake is Better Than Yours)

Politics and other such topical creams.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Parenting (...or My Precious Snowflake is Better Than Yours)

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:As long as V H Jr's preschool teachers don't kill him, I'm cool.
I think you are/were my mother.
I'm just so tired of the mommy brigade, that's all.
This is why I am tired of the mommy brigade (I used to volunteer at the animal shelter with the woman who wrote this on Facebook. She was seemingly normal at the time. I hope I am not this insufferable. Am I this insufferable?):

I love Kid's not so common eating habits. This morning, I made him Breakfast Quinoa (red and white quinoa cooked w/ rice milk and cinnamon then mixed with frozen berries). I thought the breakfast was a little bland, but Kid was delighted! This probably isn't said often, but I'm a little jealous of my 2 year old's wonderfully unblemished taste buds. Within the past month, he's also requested leeks (yum), grapefruit (the best ever!), cabbage, brussels sprouts (oh boy!), green peppers, celery and green apples. He's delighted to help me pick out produce at the store. I'm not saying the kid doesn't love a cookie, but his excitement for fruits and veggies is like nothing I've ever seen.
It'll be great how much he's teaching her when he's setting fires under his bed.
Are you talking about pooping?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

I'm not seeing any flax in there. The kid-named-after-the-4th-largest-province-of-some-country-Bono-owns won't produce anywhere near the poop consistency to fertilize the community garden at that rate. You disgust the other mommies at parent-toddler underwater trance-yoga class.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:Are you talking about pooping?
I think we've just learned something about what L'il Hoy did under his bed.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

"I buy my soy-based accelerant at a co-op. Do you?"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I've had that picture as my desktop image. I love her creepy stare so much.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Looks like the final U2 album cover after Bono died in a house fire.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Heston wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Looks like the final U2 album cover after Bono died in a house fire.
:mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Astronomer Discovers Center Of Universe

PASADENA, CA—California Institute of Technology astronomer Dr. James Shrifkin stunned the scientific and space-exploration communities Tuesday, when he announced that the center of the known universe is his 9-year-old son Brian.

"The universe revolves around him," Shrifkin told colleagues at the annual American Society Of Astronomers convention at Cal Tech. "He is the most precious and wonderful child in all known creation."

Shrifkin said he first suspected that Brian, a straight-A student at Lakeside Elementary School, is the center of the universe last Saturday, when he scored three goals in his soccer game.

"After the game, I went home and thought about the many quantifiable properties of goodness my son possesses, including kindness, generosity and intelligence," Shrifkin said. "Formulating a rough Briancentric theory of space and time, I then collected more evidence, including the beautiful card he bought me last Father's Day and his spelling-bee trophy. The more data I had, the more apparent it became that my own son is the elusive center of the universe for which science has long searched."

According to Shrifkin, at the moment of the Big Bang, a swirling, primordial cloud of emBrianic matter existed at the center of what would eventually become the universe. As the explosion settled and galaxies formed, Brian remained in the center, where laws of physics originating within him dictated the development of space as we know it.

"Primary data indicates that Brian is a spatial hub around which all other activity revolves," an excited, proud Shrifkin told reporters yesterday. "Pulsars, black holes, and even the daily activities of myself and my wife Joan are merely 'fringe' events that occur in the remote, soupy mass of the outer universe, millions of light years removed from the truly important events, such as Brian's Little League home runs and science-fair victories."

Brian emits such a powerful field of gravity and significance, Shrifkin said, that persons and objects take on added significance by virtue of their proximity to him. As an example of this phenomenon, Shrifkin cited Brian's classmate Josh Alder. "The moment Brian first met Adler, it became important to know if this was a nice boy or just some punk his mother and I felt he should steer clear of," he said. "Such information was of zero consequence before he entered Brian's sensitive event horizon."

Shrifkin concluded by calling upon Cal Tech to establish a new Department of Brian Physics, with himself as department head. "My vast expertise on the details and history of Brian make me the ideal candidate to lead this new branch of science," he said. "For example, I can tell you every grade on every report card Brian has ever received, from kindergarten to the present. Go on, ask me."
http://www.theonion.com/articles/astron ... verse,559/

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Now that some friends are starting to have kids, I am convinced that babies range ugly to not cute and that yeah, if/when I have baby Hoy, I'll think he/she is cute as hell, but it won't be cute to anyone else. It's kinda gross having to see all these facebook photos (professionally done) with these amorphous blobs making horrible faces. Of course if I said anything, I'd be the worst person ever.

Oh and I do think kids get cute around 1 or so when they start resembling real things.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Of course Carlin has an opinion on the subject …
[youtube][/youtube]

And Hoy is very right about cute babies. Their degree of cuteness is roughly that of adults: a few cute ones, a whole lotta average, and a fair chunk of ugly. When an old friend's wife had their first child, he said that she (the baby) looked like ET. He wasn't wrong.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Dr. Medulla wrote:And Hoy is very right
I can't believe my eyes.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

But yeah, most babies are pretty ugly. Louie CK also makes a lot of great jokes about adults and their children/"ugly babies."

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I always thought VH Jr was a pretty cute baby, but looking back, he was just like any other baby. A blob.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

I'm completely and utterly biased when I say my Grandson was one hell of a cute baby...But it's true :mrgreen:

And he's getting cuter by the day, lock up your daughters ;)

'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Purple Hayes wrote:I'm completely and utterly biased when I say my Grandson was one hell of a cute baby...But it's true :mrgreen:

And he's getting cuter by the day, lock up your daughters ;)

Very very cute!
Got a Rake? Sure!