Thanks for the Ipod, Steve

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Thanks for the Ipod, Steve

Post by JennyB »

VHs senior, junior and I went to a mall that has an Apple store yesterday. There were all kinds of post-it notes/tributes outside. That whole thing reallynstrikes me as odd. If you are that upset, make a donation to the Pancreatic Cancer Network, call your congressperson to advocate for research funds, go volunteer, whatever. I just don't get it.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:VHs senior, junior and I went to a mall that has an Apple store yesterday. There were all kinds of post-it notes/tributes outside. That whole thing reallynstrikes me as odd. If you are that upset, make a donation to the Pancreatic Cancer Network, call your congressperson to advocate for research funds, go volunteer, whatever. I just don't get it.
My understanding is that St. Steve engaged in "alternative" treatments, so maybe giving money to legit cancer research wouldn't be consistent with his wishes.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:VHs senior, junior and I went to a mall that has an Apple store yesterday. There were all kinds of post-it notes/tributes outside. That whole thing reallynstrikes me as odd. If you are that upset, make a donation to the Pancreatic Cancer Network, call your congressperson to advocate for research funds, go volunteer, whatever. I just don't get it.
My understanding is that St. Steve engaged in "alternative" treatments, so maybe giving money to legit cancer research wouldn't be consistent with his wishes.
Yep, and it killed him.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yep, and it killed him.
Like a Newton.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Jenny B, once again, the voice of reason.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

matedog wrote:
True dat.

But it's unknown what percentage of those leaving tributes have also made donations to fund more research in pancreatic cancer, volunteer, etc. I estimate that number to be between 0% and 100%.

But really, what does any of this have to do with the hotness of Angela Lansbury?
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Spiff wrote:
matedog wrote:
True dat.

But it's unknown what percentage of those leaving tributes have also made donations to fund more research in pancreatic cancer, volunteer, etc. I estimate that number to be between 0% and 100%.

But really, what does any of this have to do with the hotness of Angela Lansbury?
This has everything to do with her.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Spiff wrote:
matedog wrote:
True dat.

True. I just think it's wierd. Like when people left shit for Princess Di.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

JennyB wrote:I just think it's wierd. Like when people left shit for Princess Di.
That was one of the most bizarre episodes in British history.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
JennyB wrote:I just think it's wierd. Like when people left shit for Princess Di.
That was one of the most bizarre episodes in British history.
Yep sure was. I was working in Kensington at the time and they day after she died a mate of mine asked his kids if they wanted to take some flowers but they weren't interested. By the next weekend he told me that they couldn't sleep for crying all night and wanted to spend all weekend in Ken Gardens :huh:
There is something selfish (?) about public grieving as if it is about the person grieving and nothing to do with the person that died.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Moderately dull anecdote: One of the networks was just beginning to broadcast the movie, The Babe, about Babe Ruth, when they broke away to announce her accident in Paris (I don't think they knew she was dead yet). I figured, okay, whatever, celebrity accident, get back to the movie. And they never did. I was absurdly enraged by the fact that they wouldn't leave the talking heads saying the same fucking thing over and over. Never have seen The Babe in full, either.

LadyFink
Corner Soul

Post by LadyFink »

Farts.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

You guys smell that?

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.plastikitty.com/home/in-icon ... bs-tribute

Somehow, somewhere somebody has developed a vibrator app for this. :scared:

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

I have never wanted to hack and defraud a crowdsourced fundraiser more in my life. X(