Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
ThousandStances
Faux Deutsch

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by ThousandStances »

One of my favourite Mitchell and Webb sketches:

[youtube][/youtube]

radioclashuk
Corner Soul

Post by radioclashuk »

Purple Hayes wrote:
radioclashuk wrote:My favourite is the Mitchell and Webb sketch about Nazis. I tried to upload a link but failed so just try searching it.
This one?

[youtube][/youtube]

Yea that's the one , i just love the line "...do you think we are the badies?"

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Comedy Gods in the UK but this is the only Morecambe and Wise sketch that still creases me up everytime I see it :mrgreen:

[youtube][/youtube]
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Great one, PH. I always loved this one from the Two Ronnies...

[youtube][/youtube]
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I love these sketches.
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Funniest UK sitcom moment ever..?

[youtube][/youtube]

Or maybe this one..?

[youtube][/youtube]
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Only Fools And Horses has too many classic moments to mention but yes the one when Del Boy falls through the bar is brilliant and makes me laugh out loud every time I see it.

Heston

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:Only Fools And Horses has too many classic moments to mention but yes the one when Del Boy falls through the bar is brilliant and makes me laugh out loud every time I see it.
Best written Brit-com ever. Did it see much action overseas? Is it repeated in NZ? You never hear our American friends mention it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:Only Fools And Horses has too many classic moments to mention but yes the one when Del Boy falls through the bar is brilliant and makes me laugh out loud every time I see it.
Best written Brit-com ever. Did it see much action overseas? Is it repeated in NZ? You never hear our American friends mention it.
One of my absolute favourite shows. Timeless, too. I've got my little brothers hooked on it, Fawlty Towers and The Young Ones/Bottom.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:
One of my absolute favourite shows. Timeless, too. I've got my little brothers hooked on it, Fawlty Towers and The Young Ones/Bottom.
Yeah, only Fawlty Towers can really approach the majesty of OFAH. It's just a shame that Sullivan dragged it on a little too long, they really should have finished in '96 with the "Millionaires" episode. It got a little laboured towards the end.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Heston wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:
Yeah, only Fawlty Towers can really approach the majesty of OFAH. It's just a shame that Sullivan dragged it on a little too long, they really should have finished in '96 with the "Millionaires" episode. It got a little laboured towards the end.
Yeah. I like to pretend that John Sullivan, with no disrespect, didn't write anything after they walked into that sunset. Green Green Grass was a sad disappointment and Rock and Chips was confoundingly dull.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Heston wrote:
Don't think it travelled well, maybe too working class British, similar to Seinfeld never really taking off in the UK due to the East Coast middle-class self absorbed aspects

Heston

Post by Heston »

Purple Hayes wrote:
Heston wrote:
Don't think it travelled well, maybe too working class British, similar to Seinfeld never really taking off in the UK due to the East Coast middle-class self absorbed aspects
I'm pretty sure it played in Germany (dubbed), I seem to remember a clip somewhere. Olaf?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Purple Hayes wrote:
Heston wrote:
There's something I can't put my finger on that I really dislike about Jerry Seinfeld. The show only really works for me if I look at it as a Curb Your Enthusiasm prequel, George Constanza being Larry David.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Silent Majority wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:
Heston wrote:
There's something I can't put my finger on that I really dislike about Jerry Seinfeld. The show only really works for me if I look at it as a Curb Your Enthusiasm prequel, George Constanza being Larry David.
Don't think any of the main Seinfeld characters are particularly likeable (Kramer as a neighbour would be a nightmare), the poor sods dating them are usually the sympathetic focus which does work very well, Jerry Seinfeld does come across as a bit of a smug bastard, maybe it's intended maybe it's not.. :huh: