seven song shuffle

General music discussion.
Post Reply
Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 9413
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

seven song shuffle

Post by Inder » 02 Feb 2011, 3:20pm

Let's do this again! You know the drill — first seven songs that come up on random/shuffle in your music player. Here're mine:

Shangri-las — What is Love
Roy Lee Johnson — Nobody Does Something For Nothing
Paul McCartney — C Moon
Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli — Night and Day
Wire — Blessed State
Honey Boy Martin — Dreader than Dread
The Rakes — leave the city and come home

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 31263
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Heston » 02 Feb 2011, 3:25pm

Yeah Yeah Yeah - The Pogues
The Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead - XTC
Body Movin' (Fatboy Slim remix) - Beastie Boys
Shout It Out Loud - Wicked Lester
California Dreaming - Mamas and Papas
Livin' On a Thin Line - The Kinks
48 Hours - The Clash
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 52573
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Wolter » 02 Feb 2011, 3:28pm

Using my entire iTunes library and dumping any "wife-only" songs:

The Monkees - "I Wanna Be Free"
Agnostic Front - "Fascist Attitude"
Elvis Presley - "When It Rains, It Really Pours"
Neurosis - "Grey"
Simple Minds - "Kind Is White and In the Crowd"
Elvis Presley - "Hard-Headed Woman"
Led Zeppelin - "Houses of the Holy"

Okay, two observations:

1. I didn't have to skip any songs after all
2. I have 14,756 sound file totalling 35.2 days in this library, and two of them came up Elvis?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 52573
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Wolter » 02 Feb 2011, 3:28pm

Heston wrote:Yeah Yeah Yeah - The Pogues
The Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead - XTC
Body Movin' (Fatboy Slim remix) - Beastie Boys
Shout It Out Loud - Wicked Lester
California Dreaming - Mamas and Papas
Livin' On a Thin Line - The Kinks
48 Hours - The Clash
"That's our Heston!"
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Chuck Mangione
User avatar
Spitting Image
Posts: 6713
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 10:45pm
Location: Up your boulevard.

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Chuck Mangione » 02 Feb 2011, 3:29pm

Question Mark and The Mysterians - "Up Side"
John Cale - "Buffalo Ballet"
Wire - "Surgeon's Girl"
Screamin' Jay Hawkins - "Orange Colored Sky"
The Kinks - "Did You See His Name"
The Velvet Underground - "Train Round the Bend"
Blondie - "Just Go Away"

I skipped live Clash tracks (which came up 3 times in a row)
Last edited by Chuck Mangione on 02 Feb 2011, 3:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuck Mangione
User avatar
Spitting Image
Posts: 6713
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 10:45pm
Location: Up your boulevard.

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Chuck Mangione » 02 Feb 2011, 3:29pm

Wolter wrote:2. I have 14,756 sound file totalling 35.2 days in this library, and two of them came up Elvis?
I know exactly how you feel. It SUCKS at shuffling.

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 9413
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Inder » 02 Feb 2011, 3:30pm

I had to skip a Shangri-las advertisement for face cream or something somewhere in the middle. :disshame:

Chuck Mangione
User avatar
Spitting Image
Posts: 6713
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 10:45pm
Location: Up your boulevard.

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Chuck Mangione » 02 Feb 2011, 3:34pm

Inder wrote:I had to skip a Shangri-las advertisement for face cream or something somewhere in the middle. :disshame:
I get Elvis coming up twice, but Shangri-Las coming up twice and it not even being a song? Sometimes I feel like these things don't even try, haha.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 21323
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by matedog » 02 Feb 2011, 3:36pm

Heston wrote:Yeah Yeah Yeah - The Pogues
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs should write a song called Pogue.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 52573
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Wolter » 02 Feb 2011, 3:37pm

My shuffle apparently has really mainstream taste.

Let's see what a second try brings:

Cheap Trick - "Lookout"
The Replacements - "Color Me Impressed"
James White & the Blacks - "White Devil"
Green Day - "Castaway"
Boomtown Rats - "Mary of the 4th Form"
Sebadoh - "Open Ended"
Queen - "Radio Ga Ga"
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Chuck Mangione
User avatar
Spitting Image
Posts: 6713
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 10:45pm
Location: Up your boulevard.

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Chuck Mangione » 02 Feb 2011, 3:39pm

Wolter wrote:My shuffle apparently has really mainstream taste.

Let's see what a second try brings:

Cheap Trick - "Lookout"
The Replacements - "Color Me Impressed"
James White & the Blacks - "White Devil"
Green Day - "Castaway"
Boomtown Rats - "Mary of the 4th Form"
Sebadoh - "Open Ended"
Queen - "Radio Ga Ga"
A lot of Hoy in this one.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 52573
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Wolter » 02 Feb 2011, 3:41pm

Chuck Mangione wrote:
Wolter wrote:My shuffle apparently has really mainstream taste.

Let's see what a second try brings:

Cheap Trick - "Lookout"
The Replacements - "Color Me Impressed"
James White & the Blacks - "White Devil"
Green Day - "Castaway"
Boomtown Rats - "Mary of the 4th Form"
Sebadoh - "Open Ended"
Queen - "Radio Ga Ga"
A lot of Hoy in this one.
Nope, you wrong idiot.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Chuck Mangione
User avatar
Spitting Image
Posts: 6713
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 10:45pm
Location: Up your boulevard.

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Chuck Mangione » 02 Feb 2011, 3:43pm

Wolter wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:
Wolter wrote:My shuffle apparently has really mainstream taste.

Let's see what a second try brings:

Cheap Trick - "Lookout"
The Replacements - "Color Me Impressed"
James White & the Blacks - "White Devil"
Green Day - "Castaway"
Boomtown Rats - "Mary of the 4th Form"
Sebadoh - "Open Ended"
Queen - "Radio Ga Ga"
A lot of Hoy in this one.
Nope, you wrong idiot.
I remember you describing Sebadoh in the What Are You Listening To thread as something Hoy would pick to listen to.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 52573
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Wolter » 02 Feb 2011, 3:45pm

Chuck Mangione wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:
Wolter wrote:My shuffle apparently has really mainstream taste.

Let's see what a second try brings:

Cheap Trick - "Lookout"
The Replacements - "Color Me Impressed"
James White & the Blacks - "White Devil"
Green Day - "Castaway"
Boomtown Rats - "Mary of the 4th Form"
Sebadoh - "Open Ended"
Queen - "Radio Ga Ga"
A lot of Hoy in this one.
Nope, you wrong idiot.
I remember you describing Sebadoh in the What Are You Listening To thread as something Hoy would pick to listen to.
I did no such thing. Now sit in the corner until we need you again.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 28275
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Flex » 02 Feb 2011, 3:48pm

Using my ipod (which includes a random assortment of shit, clocking in at 18,098 songs, only a fraction of my entire collection) which I have in hand, will queue up Mediamonkey when I get home tonight and run the shuffle function a time or two and see what results I get:

iPod shuffle attempt #1:

Daniel Johnston - Casper the Friendly Ghost
Elvis Presley - Blue Christmas [Live]
Weezer - Run Away
Suicide - Be Bop Kid
Suicide - Keep Your Dreams
Otis Redding - My Girl
Saccharine Trust - No Lunch [Live]

Two Suicide songs in a row? Teally, iPod? Really?

iPod shuffle attempt #2:
G. Love & Special Sauce - I. 76 [Live]
Dexy's Midnight Runners - I Couldn't Help If I Tried [Manchester Square Demos]
Husker Du - If I Told You
Suicide - Las Vegas Man
Those Poor Bastards - A Secret
Cream - Cat's Squirrel [BBC Sessions]
Yardbirds - Evil Hearted You

And... another Suicide song. WTF iPod? I have... two Suicide albums on my iPod and like 90 billion (approx.) Dylan albums, all the Beatles in stereo + mono, shit-tons of Presley, etc.

EDIT: Spelling
Last edited by Flex on 02 Feb 2011, 3:51pm, edited 1 time in total.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 21 guests