Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (72.56 KiB) Viewed 6361 times
:wtf:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 15 Dec 2010, 7:13pm

Along the same lines, this is worth a read:
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol » 15 Dec 2010, 8:01pm

Thankfully, punching dyed-in-wool Bud drinkers is no deviation from my normal behavior.

JennyB
Clash Cuck

Post by JennyB » 16 Dec 2010, 11:42am

I'm not sure the Armani one is true. He's in his mid 70's now, I think. That would have made him a kid in 1939.

Yeah, just read that Armani didn't start his line until the 1970's. The Hugo Boss info is correct.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder » 30 Dec 2010, 4:01pm

http://gothamist.com/2010/12/30/justin_ ... ote_is.php
Critics of the Islamic community center and mosque proposed for lower Manhattan were outraged earlier this month when they learned that tween pop sensation Justin Bieber had weighed in on the mosque controversy, in an interview with, um, Tiger Beat. According to mosque opponents, Bieber told the influential foreign policy journal: "Muslims should be allowed to build a mosque anywhere they want. Coming from Canada, I’m not used to this level of intolerance, eh." And the "interview" didn't stop there.

Bieber reportedly went on to say that Muslims are "super cool," Christians are "lame-o-rama," and that the mosque will help "start a dialogue" with all religions about which Justin Bieber song is the most awesome. "I was like seven when September 11th went down, and frankly I’m surprised people are still going on about it," Bieber is quoted as saying. "Move on, already!"

We were as shocked as you to read this—not because of Bieber's provocative comments, but because we never miss an issue of Tiger Beat, and we don't recall reading this interview at all. And after an exhaustive search of our collection of back issues, we confirmed that this interview never happened, and is indeed a cheap satirical prank. Salon points us to the website celebjihad.com, which posted "excerpts" from the "interview." The website's proprietor tells Salon, "[T]he fact that some people take it seriously is hilariously depressing."

Welcome to The United States of Dumberica, 2010 2011. Andy Sullivan, a construction worker who's been at the forefront of the "Ground Zero mosque" resistance, says his eight-year-old daughter and 11-year-old son have been banned from attending Bieber concerts. "I informed them, 'Hey guys, guess what? Justin Bieber spoke out for the ground zero mosque," Sullivan tells Salon. "My little girl took down his poster and said she didn't want to have nothing to do with him any more. These are my kids, they're living this thing."

And a Facebook group has added Bieber to their list of "companies who support the Ground Zero Mosque." In the weeks since, Bieber—his career in ruins—has been spotted singing backup in a Bachman-Turner Overdrive cover band, gigging in shabby hotel lobbies across the rust belt. But the former pop star still begins each set, performed for a smattering of his last die hard fans, with a defiant shout of Allah Hu Akbar. Then it's all Takin' Care of Business.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen

Post by Wolter » 30 Dec 2010, 4:08pm

Inder wrote:http://gothamist.com/2010/12/30/justin_ ... ote_is.php
Critics of the Islamic community center and mosque proposed for lower Manhattan were outraged earlier this month when they learned that tween pop sensation Justin Bieber had weighed in on the mosque controversy, in an interview with, um, Tiger Beat. According to mosque opponents, Bieber told the influential foreign policy journal: "Muslims should be allowed to build a mosque anywhere they want. Coming from Canada, I’m not used to this level of intolerance, eh." And the "interview" didn't stop there.

Bieber reportedly went on to say that Muslims are "super cool," Christians are "lame-o-rama," and that the mosque will help "start a dialogue" with all religions about which Justin Bieber song is the most awesome. "I was like seven when September 11th went down, and frankly I’m surprised people are still going on about it," Bieber is quoted as saying. "Move on, already!"

We were as shocked as you to read this—not because of Bieber's provocative comments, but because we never miss an issue of Tiger Beat, and we don't recall reading this interview at all. And after an exhaustive search of our collection of back issues, we confirmed that this interview never happened, and is indeed a cheap satirical prank. Salon points us to the website celebjihad.com, which posted "excerpts" from the "interview." The website's proprietor tells Salon, "[T]he fact that some people take it seriously is hilariously depressing."

Welcome to The United States of Dumberica, 2010 2011. Andy Sullivan, a construction worker who's been at the forefront of the "Ground Zero mosque" resistance, says his eight-year-old daughter and 11-year-old son have been banned from attending Bieber concerts. "I informed them, 'Hey guys, guess what? Justin Bieber spoke out for the ground zero mosque," Sullivan tells Salon. "My little girl took down his poster and said she didn't want to have nothing to do with him any more. These are my kids, they're living this thing."

And a Facebook group has added Bieber to their list of "companies who support the Ground Zero Mosque." In the weeks since, Bieber—his career in ruins—has been spotted singing backup in a Bachman-Turner Overdrive cover band, gigging in shabby hotel lobbies across the rust belt. But the former pop star still begins each set, performed for a smattering of his last die hard fans, with a defiant shout of Allah Hu Akbar. Then it's all Takin' Care of Business.
Sigh.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston » 30 Dec 2010, 4:15pm

What's wrong with Bachman-Turner Overdrive tribute bands? They make it sound like a bad thing.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff » 30 Dec 2010, 5:44pm

Heston wrote:What's wrong with Bachman-Turner Overdrive tribute bands? They make it sound like a bad thing.
I have, in the past year no less, actually played "Takin' Care of Business" (I did the rhythm guitar parts) on stage ... and sang/shouted the chorus, too.

It was a cheesy good time.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority » 31 Dec 2010, 10:45am

Spiff wrote:
Heston wrote:What's wrong with Bachman-Turner Overdrive tribute bands? They make it sound like a bad thing.
I have, in the past year no less, actually played "Takin' Care of Business" (I did the rhythm guitar parts) on stage ... and sang/shouted the chorus, too.

It was a cheesy good time.
On being reminded just now that it existed, I had to pop over to YouTube and hear that song. Now for a few a bars of You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet and I'll collapse into a tired vat of self loathing.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista » 31 Dec 2010, 4:32pm

[youtube]
[/youtube]
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione » 31 Dec 2010, 11:43pm

tepista wrote:[youtube]
[/youtube]
[youtube]
[/youtube]

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen

Post by Wolter » 01 Jan 2011, 2:50am

Chuck Mangione wrote:
[/youtube]
[youtube]
[/youtube]
Chuck, as much shit as you get here, I hope you realize we love you.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione » 01 Jan 2011, 3:24am

Wolter wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:
[/youtube]
[youtube]
[/youtube]
Chuck, as much shit as you get here, I hope you realize we love you.
And I you.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf » 02 Jan 2011, 9:51am

Good to see I'm not alone in blaming Bayern Munich for the holocaust.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder » 26 Jan 2011, 7:14am

Anyone catch Monday's Daily Show? Great bit on Turkey Creek, MS and the madness of the situation.