The Mighty Mighty Bosstones: A Few Mix Tapes

General music discussion.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: The Mighty Mighty Bosstones: A Few Mix Tapes

Post by Wolter »

Wolter wrote:Okay, I downloaded the first one. Good choices out of the material I'm familiar with. The other stuff? Well, I'll find out.
Well, I probably would have found a way to shoehorn "Hell of a Hat" onto it. I love that song.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Well, Flex: if your mission was to remind me that I used to love the Bosstones, and encourage me to listen to them more, then thanks a pantload.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:Well, I probably would have found a way to shoehorn "Hell of a Hat" onto it. I love that song.
"Hell of a Hat" is indeed great. I don't remember why I didn't pick it. Question the Answers might be the Bosstones' most consistently quality album.
Wolter wrote:Well, Flex: if your mission was to remind me that I used to love the Bosstones, and encourage me to listen to them more, then thanks a pantload.
Mission accomplished. Thanks for all the kind words, folks.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

I think at the time I loved Devil's Night Out and More Noise the most, but in hindsight Q the A is solid as hell.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Bump...

Q the A was the last album of theirs I ever got.

So all my TMMB albums are on cassette. Back in the early 90's I had to go to Japan for some work. Since I was going to be there for a long spell I brought a mini boom box to play music on. At the hotel I stayed at the first few weeks the person cleaning the room would play my copy of Q the A. I could tell because it was a cassette.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
06 May 2017, 1:55pm
Bump...

Q the A was the last album of theirs I ever got.

So all my TMMB albums are on cassette. Back in the early 90's I had to go to Japan for some work. Since I was going to be there for a long spell I brought a mini boom box to play music on. At the hotel I stayed at the first few weeks the person cleaning the room would play my copy of Q the A. I could tell because it was a cassette.
Grab it.

https://mega.nz/#!yoFAwaqJ!4riNzwXATzca ... nTWT_NtjW4

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I'm gonna do some work to revise and update the above mix tapes. In the meantime, here are all the music videos the 'Tones have done to date. Good stuff (and I tried to use the highest quality versions available), it's like an updated version of this VHS which I used to watch essentially constantly as a youngster:

Devil's Night Out (1989)

Where'd You Go? (1991)

Guns and the Young (1992)

Don't Know How To Party (1993)

Someday I Suppose (1993)

Simmer Down (1994)

Detroit Rock City (1994)

Kinder Words (1994)

Hell of a Hat (1995)

The Impression That I Get (1997)

The Rascal King (1997)

The Common Decency (1997)

Royal Oil (1998)

Wrong Thing Right Then (1998)

Zig Zag Dance (1998)

So Sad To Say (2000)

You Gotta Go! (2002)

Don't Worry Desmond Dekker (2008)

2000 Miles (2010)

The Daylights (2012)

I'll note, I'm not sure the Dekker vid is - in any sense - a music video produced by/for the band, but Dekker was listed on Wikipedia as having a music video and this is the only thing that sort of made sense. Also, the Daylights isn't correct - the original Mark Higgins directed video seems to have vanished off the internet, and so this is a fill-in of some crappy skateboarding until/unless someone can find the original. Mark Higgins also made a few other MMB videos, but those aren't listed as "official" music videos on the band's Wikipedia page (but that page also excluded The Common Decency and Zig Zag Dance until I added them today). Moral of the story: the internet is not as great a document of record as it may always appear. I was also a little disappointed not to find a straight VHS rip of Video Stew which had intros to each music video (as witnessed in the rip on The Common Decency).

So, if anyone can provide clarity or better sourcing on any of the above, it'd be much appreciated.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!