Oasis set to split?

General music discussion.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Oasis set to split?

Post by 101Walterton »

Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:I just think Oasis are a band without passion, all superficiality and they certainly didn't mean it, man.
That's kind of what I feel. There are some decent-to-great songs hidden among the mess of meh, but honestly, you could say that about any of 100000 bands that don't have the fanatical fanbase.
There may be times lately that they have gone through the motions however anyone who who was 'there' in the 90's knows that isn't true.
I refer to my Country And Western theory. I think all Country And Western music is shit however I am courteous enough to admit that the music wasn't written or meant for me so I wont constantly tell people in stupid hats that it is shit.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:Oh, and to save anyone else the trouble:
Wolter wrote:the "eumaas extension."
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:I just think Oasis are a band without passion, all superficiality and they certainly didn't mean it, man.
That's kind of what I feel. There are some decent-to-great songs hidden among the mess of meh, but honestly, you could say that about any of 100000 bands that don't have the fanatical fanbase.
There may be times lately that they have gone through the motions however anyone who who was 'there' in the 90's knows that isn't true.
I refer to my Country And Western theory. I think all Country And Western music is shit however I am courteous enough to admit that the music wasn't written or meant for me so I wont constantly tell people in stupid hats that it is shit.
I was there in the 90s and it all rang hollow to me.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

101Walterton wrote:
Wolter wrote:
I will admit that has validity to some extent. It's just really odd that I like so many bands that are so similar in sound to Oasis, and yet they themselves do not sway me in the slightest. And the reason for me is that a lot of their stuff just seems to sound like they're phoning it in.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Kiss !!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Kiss !!
Fair point. :mrgreen:

Although, I almost made the point that at least bands like Kiss are putting up a transparent pose and will admit it to anyone who asks. I will support the faking of almost anything other than sincerity.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Kiss !!
I like Kiss in the same way as I like Evel Knievel dolls.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Wolter wrote: That's kind of what I feel. There are some decent-to-great songs hidden among the mess of meh, but honestly, you could say that about any of 100000 bands that don't have the fanatical fanbase.
Kiss !!
You think Kiss are the only thing an 8 year old boy will ever need ?

Heston

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote: There may be times lately that they have gone through the motions however anyone who who was 'there' in the 90's knows that isn't true.
Kiss !!
You think Kiss are the only thing an 8 year old boy will ever need ?
Speaking from experience, yes.

Maybe a football too.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote: Yeah...I think it needs to be said that epilepsy is not just something that sucks. Being lactose intolerant is something that sucks. Epilepsy, as you said, can completely fuck up your life.
I just want to clarify if that that is not really what I meant with the initial statement.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote: Yeah...I think it needs to be said that epilepsy is not just something that sucks. Being lactose intolerant is something that sucks. Epilepsy, as you said, can completely fuck up your life.
I just want to clarify if that that is not really what I meant with the initial statement.
No worries—I didn't think you meant anything like that.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Wolter wrote:
To be fair you weren't in Blur's London or Oasis' Manchester you were at yer mams listening to Chris Rea and reading Viz. But having said all that Oasis should call it time and Noel should persue a solo career.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

I've grown to like some of their singles.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:Oh, and to save anyone else the trouble:
Wolter wrote:the "eumaas extension."
10/10

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing
My Sweet Lord
Get It On
The One I Love

Anyone who doesn't like these Oasis records needs to be subjected to 5 hours of Kiss without looking like an explosion in the Max Factor Factory.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia