So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71612
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 29 Jun 2009, 6:32pm

Wolter wrote:This is awful, but the only show I have on the horizon is Elton John & Billy Joel.

I don't see a lot of shows these days...
I'll visit you in the boobyhatch.

Nah, I'm kidding. I wouldn't visit you there.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 31987
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by tepista » 29 Jun 2009, 6:42pm

cretin wrote:
Just the Reverend Horton Heat at the end of August for me, if only for the sake of being drunk at a concert. I also plan on making friends with any of the overweight rockabilly girls who might be attending so I can be the skinny friend. :D
I think Throw Rag opens on that date, make sure you get there in time to see them. You live in ND right?

edit* duh, it says so on your thing. See them. ;)
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25128
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Flex » 29 Jun 2009, 6:46pm

JennyB wrote:Yeah -- it's not worth the stench of patchouli and dirty white-boy dreadlocks to see them in a festival-size venue. They are playing a small theater here, so I imagine they will eventually do the same in Denver.
I just looked at the festival lineup and, yeah, even with Gogol Bordello AND DeVotchka (and Lyrics Born) there, I just can't do it. It's not even like Bonnaroo, which is infested with filthy hippies but at least there's a lot of good music there.

I'll probably swing down to Nedfest tho. The music is hippie crap, but Nederland is a fun town.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

CorwoodRep
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6311
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 2:39am

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by CorwoodRep » 29 Jun 2009, 6:47pm

I liked Lyrics Born's contribution to the R.L. Burnside remix album. Should I check him out?
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25128
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Flex » 29 Jun 2009, 6:48pm

Billy Joel wrote:I liked Lyrics Born's contribution to the R.L. Burnside remix album. Should I check him out?
Yeah, he's awesome on that.

I like him well enough. Torrent some albums, says I.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19964
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by matedog » 29 Jun 2009, 6:52pm

I've only got Outside Lands on the horizon. And I'm only going to day 1 which is - Pearl Jam, Incubus, Tom Jones, Thievery Corporation, The National (good but zzzz), Q-Tip, and some other folk.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

cretin
User avatar
shamerd my assgerfed.,
Posts: 1915
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 10:16pm
Location: Land of the Freak

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by cretin » 29 Jun 2009, 6:53pm

tepista wrote:
cretin wrote:
Just the Reverend Horton Heat at the end of August for me, if only for the sake of being drunk at a concert. I also plan on making friends with any of the overweight rockabilly girls who might be attending so I can be the skinny friend. :D
I think Throw Rag opens on that date, make sure you get there in time to see them. You live in ND right?

edit* duh, it says so on your thing. See them. ;)
Hmm. Ususally I try to time it so I don't have to watch the opening act, but I trust your judgment.

I'd better not be dissapointed, Tep. Do you want that on your conscience? :shifty:
Image

cretin
User avatar
shamerd my assgerfed.,
Posts: 1915
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 10:16pm
Location: Land of the Freak

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by cretin » 29 Jun 2009, 6:54pm

Flex wrote:
Billy Joel wrote:I liked Lyrics Born's contribution to the R.L. Burnside remix album. Should I check him out?
Yeah, he's awesome on that.

I like him well enough. Torrent some albums, says I.
I approve of this. :approve:
Image

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 31987
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by tepista » 29 Jun 2009, 6:55pm

cretin wrote:
tepista wrote:
cretin wrote:
Just the Reverend Horton Heat at the end of August for me, if only for the sake of being drunk at a concert. I also plan on making friends with any of the overweight rockabilly girls who might be attending so I can be the skinny friend. :D
I think Throw Rag opens on that date, make sure you get there in time to see them. You live in ND right?

edit* duh, it says so on your thing. See them. ;)
Hmm. Ususally I try to time it so I don't have to watch the opening act, but I trust your judgment.

I'd better not be dissapointed, Tep. Do you want that on your conscience? :shifty:
I've seen them at least 25 times. I wouldn't waste my time if they weren't worth it.

edit* I also try to intentionally miss the opener too, they're gonna suck 90% of the time. This is the 10% though.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25128
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Flex » 29 Jun 2009, 6:59pm

matedog wrote:I've only got Outside Lands on the horizon. And I'm only going to day 1 which is - Pearl Jam, Incubus, Tom Jones, Thievery Corporation, The National (good but zzzz), Q-Tip, and some other folk.
Like, half of those bands are playing the Mile High Music Fest. Which I do not count as a good thing.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

cretin
User avatar
shamerd my assgerfed.,
Posts: 1915
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 10:16pm
Location: Land of the Freak

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by cretin » 29 Jun 2009, 7:06pm

tepista wrote:
cretin wrote:
tepista wrote:
cretin wrote:
Just the Reverend Horton Heat at the end of August for me, if only for the sake of being drunk at a concert. I also plan on making friends with any of the overweight rockabilly girls who might be attending so I can be the skinny friend. :D
I think Throw Rag opens on that date, make sure you get there in time to see them. You live in ND right?

edit* duh, it says so on your thing. See them. ;)
Hmm. Ususally I try to time it so I don't have to watch the opening act, but I trust your judgment.

I'd better not be dissapointed, Tep. Do you want that on your conscience? :shifty:
I've seen them at least 25 times. I wouldn't waste my time if they weren't worth it.

edit* I also try to intentionally miss the opener too, they're gonna suck 90% of the time. This is the 10% though.
Oh man, my mom loves to stand right up in front of the stage, so every concert I ever went to with her I had to suffer through every opener.

It was good when we saw X and the Rollins Band a few years back though, because we got to stand in front of Billy Zoom. :mrgreen:
Image

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19964
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by matedog » 29 Jun 2009, 7:07pm

Flex wrote:
matedog wrote:I've only got Outside Lands on the horizon. And I'm only going to day 1 which is - Pearl Jam, Incubus, Tom Jones, Thievery Corporation, The National (good but zzzz), Q-Tip, and some other folk.
Like, half of those bands are playing the Mile High Music Fest. Which I do not count as a good thing.
Tom Jones would be interesting, Pearl Jam is probably the only one I really want to see as they seem like a festivaly band with a deep catalog and supposedly a good stage presence, I always like Phife more than Q-Tip, The National is good but dull, so yeah, not too much to look forward to. I am missing out on the Beastie Boys, Mars Volta, Mastadon and some others the next days.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

MadModWorld
User avatar
Trashy Britpop Kid
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:51pm
Location: Somewhere between Heaven & Woolworths...
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by MadModWorld » 29 Jun 2009, 7:12pm

Oasis.
& possibly Morrissey in October.

It kinda sucks and I get very jealous at people who go to loads of gigs.
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead...
Image

nsc
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1297
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 9:29pm
Location: E C O S S E

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by nsc » 29 Jun 2009, 7:16pm

just back from the take that gig. i'd bought my wife tickets for her xmas. money well spent.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26222
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Heston » 29 Jun 2009, 7:18pm

101Walterton wrote:The Specials
I'm still so fucking jealous.... :mad:

Did you catch their Glastonbury performance on the telly? Fucking awesome and I don't use that word lightly.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests