Sold: Out Of Conrol- The Last Day's...

Music/video/real estate bartering area.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Sold: Out Of Conrol- The Last Day's...

Post by matedog »

Highlights -
1. !Cuba!
2. Vince banging Bernie's GF.
3. The entire Cut the Crap recording session recollections.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I might be scared. He does have my address, you know. :twitch:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Round at Joe's house. We hear some new album mixes. I hear the 'Dictator'. Weird synthesiser is sprayed all over it. Out of tune.

'Joe. It sounds awful.Look, it's ............. a mess. It's out of tune. It sounds bloody ridiculous.'

Joe dances up and down as it plays, shaking his arms.

'No, Vince. It's brilliant! It's ..............wild! Listen to it. Cuba! It's the sound of mental break .............'

Joe realises something and contains himself. He's convinced about this music. He's locked into his own world. He brushes me off. We go on.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Round at Joe's house. We hear some new album mixes. I hear the 'Dictator'. Weird synthesiser is sprayed all over it. Out of tune.

'Joe. It sounds awful.Look, it's ............. a mess. It's out of tune. It sounds bloody ridiculous.'

Joe dances up and down as it plays, shaking his arms.

'No, Vince. It's brilliant! It's ..............wild! Listen to it. Cuba! It's the sound of mental break .............'

Joe realises something and contains himself. He's convinced about this music. He's locked into his own world. He brushes me off. We go on.
God, this is whetting my appetite.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

'What's that?' she asked. 'Oh, it's a bullet belt. My ammunition.'

'Ammunition? '

'Yeah. It's a metaphorical concept you see. A psychological defence strategy that recognizes the Jungian warrior archetype in physical form and provides the assurance that the individual can destroy any enemy he desires. It's also an aesthetic concept that explores universal function and resolves paraliminal tension!'
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

'Ammunition? '

'Yeah. It's a metaphorical concept you see. A psychological defence strategy that recognizes the Jungian warrior archetype in physical form and provides the assurance that the individual can destroy any enemy he desires. It's also an aesthetic concept that explores universal function and resolves paraliminal tension!'
That's my favorite thing in the whole book.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

'Ammunition? '

...and keeps his leather trousers up.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

My god, why did we chase him off?!?!?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

A grim situation, and I definitely feel sorry for him, but it's just endless whinging and beer.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

You know, when I write my memoir, I'm going to fill it with stuff I wish I'd said at the time, too.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:You know, when I write my memoir, I'm going to fill it with stuff I wish I'd said at the time, too.
+1
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:You know, when I write my memoir, I'm going to fill it with stuff I wish I'd said at the time, too.
:cool:

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

:highfive:
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I've decided to put aside research reading today to immerse myself in the Book of Vince. If you never hear from me again, it'll be because I've slit my own throat.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

I spent about three hours reading it from cover to cover. This is a book everyone should read.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/