101Walterton wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 3:42pm
Red Angel wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 2:09pm
101Walterton wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 2:59pm
Red Angel wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 1:38pm

Well, this is not a precise chronological discography but only a list of all the tracks released on official CDs plus some extras (vinyl, promo, etc. as The Clash, not participations). I divided all in periods for easier consultation, however "1-2 Crush on You" was recorded in March 1978 and published as B-side of "Tommy Gun", so it will be in the next part. Thanks for your interest, corrections and additions are welcome! :smile:
What about the Polydor demos?
:arrow: n.15-19
Am I being really thick here :huh:
The b side 1-2 Crush On You was recorded in 1978 but it was first recorded as part of the Polydor demos in 1976.
Are we not splitting hairs here. The lads done a decent attempt at a chronological discography
We are, you are right. But to be fair aren’t we always splitting hairs on here it is what we do 😊
BTW Red Angel I love your Avatar I had that poster on my bedroom wall for years.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: A journey into the Clash CDs discography, part 1

Post by laxman »

Was it part of the Polydor Demos? It is on that Italian book/CD thing, but I thought that was just an alternative version that got tagged on?

EDIT; rather helpfully Black Market Clash is back online http://www.blackmarketclash.co.uk/.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 6:11pm
Was it part of the Polydor Demos? It is on that Italian book/CD thing, but I thought that was just an alternative version that got tagged on?

EDIT; rather helpfully Black Market Clash is back online http://www.blackmarketclash.co.uk/.
That would make sense.
It was a pre Joe song written by Mick and I doubt Joe would be playing the piano on a 1976 demo?

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

laxman wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 6:11pm

:smile:

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

I state that I do not like the polemics, I do not like them and I do not have the time to do them, but I have to specify to make a correct information:
The Clash recorded the Polydor demos in November 1976, for a total of 5 tracks all officially released (n.15-19), no other track was recorded on that occasion. 1-2 Crush On You was recorded twice, a demo in late 1977, never officially released, and in March 1978, later officially released as Tommy Gun B-side, (The Clash Story - Early Demos is my old upload). Also if this topic does not like someone, there is no problem, it's normal not please to all.

I wish everyone a good weekend :rolleyes:
Music is the only thing that matters

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Red Angel wrote:
22 Sep 2018, 4:55am
I state that I do not like the polemics, I do not like them and I do not have the time to do them, but I have to specify to make a correct information:
The Clash recorded the Polydor demos in November 1976, for a total of 5 tracks all officially released (n.15-19), no other track was recorded on that occasion. 1-2 Crush On You was recorded twice, a demo in late 1977, never officially released, and in March 1978, later officially released as Tommy Gun B-side, (The Clash Story - Early Demos is my old upload). Also if this topic does not like someone, there is no problem, it's normal not please to all.

Sorry my fault carry on :disshame:

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

I look forward to the next installment.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

101Walterton wrote:
22 Sep 2018, 5:16am
Red Angel wrote:

Apologies too, I was just trying to help (and put the Kiwi in his place ;))

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman wrote:
22 Sep 2018, 12:00pm
101Walterton wrote:
Red Angel wrote:

Certainly did that but solved the Clash Story conondrum for me.
BTW the version of 1-2 on that CD is the best one.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

101Walterton wrote:
22 Sep 2018, 5:35pm
laxman wrote:
22 Sep 2018, 12:00pm
101Walterton wrote:
Red Angel wrote:

Certainly did that but solved the Clash Story conondrum for me.
BTW the version of 1-2 on that CD is the best one.
Agreed about that version.