sensibletwo

Music/video/real estate bartering area.
klam44

sensibletwo

Post by klam44 » 15 Jun 2008, 4:49pm

Lets get trading/swapping/bartering/giving/hopeing/finding/treeing/unearthing and most of all sharing.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27225
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: sensibletwo

Post by Heston » 15 Jun 2008, 4:56pm

The title of this thread has inspired me to ask if anyone has any Captain Sensible albums from the '80s. I've heard good things about them, and the singles were great.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 36925
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: sensibletwo

Post by Marky Dread » 17 Jun 2008, 11:51am

Heston wrote:The title of this thread has inspired me to ask if anyone has any Captain Sensible albums from the '80s. I've heard good things about them, and the singles were great.
Yep got some of them a mixture of pop, punk, psychedelia, and all great fun.

Captain Sensible's Women and Captain's first
Revolution Now
The Universe of Geoffrey Brown

and a couple of comps.

PM if you want 'em.
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27225
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: sensibletwo

Post by Heston » 18 Jun 2008, 11:56am

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:The title of this thread has inspired me to ask if anyone has any Captain Sensible albums from the '80s. I've heard good things about them, and the singles were great.
Yep got some of them a mixture of pop, punk, psychedelia, and all great fun.

Captain Sensible's Women and Captain's first
Revolution Now
The Universe of Geoffrey Brown

and a couple of comps.

PM if you want 'em.
Good man Marky, PM sent.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

revolutionrock_
User avatar
Bang Ice Geezer
Posts: 198
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 1:51pm
Location: swe
Contact:

Re: sensibletwo

Post by revolutionrock_ » 18 Jul 2008, 6:15pm

dont know if this fints in here..but.. i found some stuff on youtube!


Image


"Fucking long, innit?"

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1222
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: sensibletwo

Post by gkbill » 19 Jul 2008, 12:38am

Hello,

Can someone upload a decent version of "Wot"? The only versions I've purchased are live and they either plod along or race along - I alos have the version from Tesco(?) - which is a kind of rap mix (I'd describe it in more detail but I can't listen to it too often!).

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 36925
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: sensibletwo

Post by Marky Dread » 19 Jul 2008, 3:30am

"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27225
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: sensibletwo

Post by Heston » 19 Jul 2008, 7:26am

Loved the Captain Sensible compilation you sent me Marky, some great tracks on it. Especially loved "There's More Snakes Than Ladders", what a quality little tune. The Captain rules!!!
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 36925
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: sensibletwo

Post by Marky Dread » 19 Jul 2008, 7:54pm

Heston wrote:Loved the Captain Sensible compilation you sent me Marky, some great tracks on it. Especially loved "There's More Snakes Than Ladders", what a quality little tune. The Captain rules!!!
He's poptastic mate!
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27225
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: sensibletwo

Post by Heston » 19 Jul 2008, 7:57pm

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:Loved the Captain Sensible compilation you sent me Marky, some great tracks on it. Especially loved "There's More Snakes Than Ladders", what a quality little tune. The Captain rules!!!
He's poptastic mate!
Not 'alf!
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Dirty Harry
User avatar
Junco Partner
Posts: 467
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 7:44am
Location: Scotland

Re: sensibletwo

Post by Dirty Harry » 01 Aug 2008, 1:39pm

I love the 7 " single he did on that crass type label '(What D'ya Give) The Man Who's Gotten Everything' great tune
Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen, mate, "life" has surface noise."


Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 36925
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: sensibletwo

Post by Marky Dread » 02 Aug 2008, 2:14pm

Yeah that was his first solo single released before "Happy Talk" it was an ep called "This is Your Captain Speaking" it was backed with "The Russians are coming/Oursouls to you" great stuff.
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

Captain_Couth
Corner Soul
Posts: 35
Joined: 16 Oct 2008, 4:51pm
Location: New Helvetia, CA
Contact:

Re: sensibletwo

Post by Captain_Couth » 10 Jan 2009, 12:29am

Cappy's great, I used to correspond with him for several years. I finally met him in person a couple of years ago when The Damned came to my hometown. He was cool to talk to, signed my CD covers and introduced me to Monty the Oxymoron (the keyboard player) and had a few interesting stories about the music biz.
Last edited by Captain_Couth on 10 Jan 2009, 1:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

BR16ADE_R055E
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3230
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:25pm
Location: Winterland/Mabuhay Gardens

Re: sensibletwo

Post by BR16ADE_R055E » 10 Jan 2009, 12:34am

Captain_Couth wrote:Cappy's great, I used to correspond with him for several years. I finally met him in person a couple of years ago when The Damned came to my hometown. He was cool to talk to, signed my CD covers and introduced me to Monty the Moron (the keyboard player) and had a few interesting stories about the music biz.
Cap is tops...

Monty Oxymoron!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 36925
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: sensibletwo

Post by Marky Dread » 11 Jan 2009, 11:22pm

Captain_Couth wrote:Cappy's great, I used to correspond with him for several years. I finally met him in person a couple of years ago when The Damned came to my hometown. He was cool to talk to, signed my CD covers and introduced me to Monty the Oxymoron (the keyboard player) and had a few interesting stories about the music biz.
He is indeed a top geezer i've met him a couple of times the first time was on Reading train station in the eighties '87 i think and he was making a saftey awareness video. Captain is a keen train spotter and some enthusiasts had got a bit too close to the rail lines and a fatality had occured so he made a film about the dangers, I asked him for an autograph but all I had on me to sign was a pay slip so he signed that and it reads lend us a fiver...Captain Sensible. I've still got it maybe i'll dig it out and scan it.
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests