Reminds you of anything ?

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Reminds you of anything ?

Post by bazarboy75 »

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Reminds you of anything ?

Post by oliver »

Nice find. I love stuff like this.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

:?:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

Take a listen to "the globe" album
Find the track luke !
May the force etc etc

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

bazarboy75 wrote:Take a listen to "the globe" album
Find the track luke !
May the force etc etc
I'm in Sydney, Australia at the moment and been in Scruffy Murphy's where 'Rush' and 'The Globe' have been played on rotation. We're BADII big here with that album? If not, maybe just in this pub. Mind you, the rest of the music is mostly shit.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Rush was a number one single in Australia. The Globe was Top Ten.

Conrad
Corner Soul

Post by Conrad »

bazarboy75 wrote:
Haven't gone back to check The Globe, but sounds like the string riff near the beginning was sampled on something off Kool-aid, probably Free or what it's called on that album. I recall there's a drum sample after that bit on the BAD track. Kool-Aid has some overlooked songs, like In my dreams and Kool-Aid.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Thanks TeddyB, that explains it. I'd never really thought about them having success in Australia.
As for Kool-Aid / The Globe, there was quite an overlap and an NME voucher for a live 'official bootleg' there. A massive marketing ploy?

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

dave202 wrote:As for Kool-Aid / The Globe, there was quite an overlap and an NME voucher for a live 'official bootleg' there. A massive marketing ploy?
Ally Pally Paradiso. The NME never sent me my copy and I had to buy it from M&VE in Notting Hill. I've never forgiven them.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

The vinyl was very limited edition. There was no gaurantees to receive a copy,It was a first come first served basis. When i received mine i remember being very dissapointed with the sound (it sounds very distant) even the CD version that is common these days doesnt sound any better. I think Battle of all saints road live version sounds terrible with out Don - why Bad II even played that song live i will never know. Apart from that BAD II were great live.
oliver wrote:
dave202a wrote:As for Kool-Aid / The Globe, there was quite an overlap and an NME voucher for a live 'official bootleg' there. A massive marketing ploy?
Ally Pally Paradiso. The NME never sent me my copy and I had to buy it from M&VE in Notting Hill. I've never forgiven them.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

The short version: It was supposed to be a bootleg, except one the band itself leaked. It's just from two soundboard tapes with a couple overdubbed samples and edits. The pressing plant, which I think Nick Hawkins' brother brought the tape to, called Sony in a mixup because it was BAD. So in essence they got caught. Sony thought it would be cool to use the pressings as promo, and it eventually got issued as a free double in Australia. BTW, Dan Donovan is on the Amsterdam songs.