Bradford Upgrade lossless

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
NoMoreHugh
Junco Partner
Posts: 359
Joined: 17 Dec 2012, 7:24pm
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Bradford Upgrade lossless

Post by NoMoreHugh » 08 Nov 2014, 4:38pm

Only the 3 tracks
I have put them up lossless straight from internet rip too as the mp3 already exist

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... e-rar.html

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26091
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Bradford Upgrade lossless

Post by Heston » 08 Nov 2014, 6:48pm

Live BAD never got any better than this.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1529
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: Bradford Upgrade lossless

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In » 10 Nov 2014, 2:57am

This is the best sounding tape of the original group. If I'm some dream world there was a Tighten Up deluxe issue, these would be perfect on the second CD.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35350
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Bradford Upgrade lossless

Post by Marky Dread » 13 Nov 2014, 7:35pm

No that's not your radio sets on the blink.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/979 ... brad88.rar
Image
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71093
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Bradford Upgrade lossless

Post by Dr. Medulla » 13 Nov 2014, 7:39pm

Well, hot diggity damn! Thanks, Marky.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26091
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Bradford Upgrade lossless

Post by Heston » 13 Nov 2014, 7:42pm

I'll have some of that.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35350
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Bradford Upgrade lossless

Post by Marky Dread » 15 Nov 2014, 4:49am

Image
Image

NoMoreHugh
Junco Partner
Posts: 359
Joined: 17 Dec 2012, 7:24pm
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: Bradford Upgrade lossless

Post by NoMoreHugh » 15 Nov 2014, 7:01am

Thats brilliant, thanks Marky

Your Bradford is a different source to mine but yours sound better so i have killed my link. Can i ask was yours an internet rip or does it orginate at some point from a tape recording that would have caught straight from the original radio show ?

Thanks for the Meltdown i chose to combine the two recordings but i used all the bradford tracks and added the extra meltdown ones. Dont know what combination would be best to use but this makes a good live set for my mp3 player. Very happy been after the full set lossless for years

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26091
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Bradford Upgrade lossless

Post by Heston » 15 Nov 2014, 7:08am

I wonder if Radio 1 recorded the full concert. I bet it's just sitting there in the vaults. Shame.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

NoMoreHugh
Junco Partner
Posts: 359
Joined: 17 Dec 2012, 7:24pm
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: Bradford Upgrade lossless

Post by NoMoreHugh » 15 Nov 2014, 7:34am

Heston wrote:Live BAD never got any better than this.
Theres is not a live band ever that were better than these guys.
I might be tempted to include BadII in that statement too. Just a shame there is not much useful recorded material like this one to prove it.

I think the rest of Bradford got scissored and got swept up with the hair and dust and biscuit crumbs and thrown in the bin :hmph:

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35350
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Bradford Upgrade lossless

Post by Marky Dread » 15 Nov 2014, 7:58am

NoMoreHugh wrote:Thats brilliant, thanks Marky

Your Bradford is a different source to mine but yours sound better so i have killed my link. Can i ask was yours an internet rip or does it orginate at some point from a tape recording that would have caught straight from the original radio show ?

Thanks for the Meltdown i chose to combine the two recordings but i used all the bradford tracks and added the extra meltdown ones. Dont know what combination would be best to use but this makes a good live set for my mp3 player. Very happy been after the full set lossless for years

I remixed an old tape for the Bradford one. You should've left your link it was from a re-broadcast as it has a slightly different DJ introduction to mine. Although I removed the DJ intro from mine as it wasn't complete and a bit distorted.

Meltdown sounds better as I have better software now so I remixed the sound from my old VHS which I transferred years back. The mp3's that were still doing the rounds were not so good so I thought I would put that right.
Image
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35350
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Bradford Upgrade lossless

Post by Marky Dread » 15 Nov 2014, 7:59am

Heston wrote:I wonder if Radio 1 recorded the full concert. I bet it's just sitting there in the vaults. Shame.
Was it originally a Radio 1 broadcast?
Image
Image

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26091
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Bradford Upgrade lossless

Post by Heston » 15 Nov 2014, 8:06am

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:I wonder if Radio 1 recorded the full concert. I bet it's just sitting there in the vaults. Shame.
Was it originally a Radio 1 broadcast?
I'm pretty sure it was. I listened as it went out on air.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26091
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Bradford Upgrade lossless

Post by Heston » 15 Nov 2014, 9:59am

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:I wonder if Radio 1 recorded the full concert. I bet it's just sitting there in the vaults. Shame.
Was it originally a Radio 1 broadcast?
I'm pretty sure it was. I listened as it went out on air.
Just did a little bit of research on the fantastic Radio Times archive page, it aired on Sat, 17th September 1988 as part of the "Stereo Sequence" show...

http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/schedules/ra ... 1988-09-17
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

white man
User avatar
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 719
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:12pm
Location: Penshaw Manor

Re: Bradford Upgrade lossless

Post by white man » 15 Nov 2014, 10:17am

Heston wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:I wonder if Radio 1 recorded the full concert. I bet it's just sitting there in the vaults. Shame.
Was it originally a Radio 1 broadcast?
I'm pretty sure it was. I listened as it went out on air.
Just did a little bit of research on the fantastic Radio Times archive page, it aired on Sat, 17th September 1988 as part of the "Stereo Sequence" show...

http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/schedules/ra ... 1988-09-17
That'll be right mate. I knew it was a teatime airing.I'm sure i still have my original recording.
Last edited by white man on 15 Nov 2014, 11:32am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests