Around the Girl in 80 Ways

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Around the Girl in 80 Ways

Post by Heston »

NoMoreHugh wrote:Its a great song - my personal opinion is that Dons rough vocals may have spoilt the mood
Hang on, Don didn't rap on James Brown either....I smell a conspiracy.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Thats an interesting observation and one I had overlooked. Now Don's vocals I would think would have added more to James Brown. Are we saying the cracks were appearing ?
To add the the conspiracy(conspiracies are good fun ) I remember an interview about the time of promoting Megatop the interviewer said "and mick does a good job on the rapping" Don unenthusiastically says "he does ok"
Don has also said he is proud of Megatop album apart from House Arrest which he hates.
Another strange thing to say as of all the times I have seen them perform this song Don looked like he was enjoying himself. I love House Arrest and certainly it was a favourite in the live set.

Heston wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:Its a great song - my personal opinion is that Dons rough vocals may have spoilt the mood
Hang on, Don didn't rap on James Brown either....I smell a conspiracy.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Just a thought but Megatop Phoenix was after Mick being hospitalised. I wonder if it was easier for Mick to rap than sing.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:Just a thought but Megatop Phoenix was after Mick being hospitalised. I wonder if it was easier for Mick to rap than sing.
He did plenty of singing on the rest of the album. If anything, I would have thought fast rapping to be more difficult.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Just a thought but Megatop Phoenix was after Mick being hospitalised. I wonder if it was easier for Mick to rap than sing.
He did plenty of singing on the rest of the album. If anything, I would have thought fast rapping to be more difficult.
Not really that fast not exactly Eminem or Busta Rhymes territory. But fair point about the rest of the album mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Not really that fast not exactly Eminem or Busta Rhymes territory. But fair point about the rest of the album mate.
I know what you mean, but he's moving along at quite a pace on James Brown, especially on the second rap.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
I know what you mean, but he's moving along at quite a pace on James Brown, especially on the second rap.
Sure is steady on James Brown. Maybe Mick was in competition with this guy.

Ice Ice Baby was released in '89.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

It's literally "hammer time."

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote: He did plenty of singing on the rest of the album. If anything, I would have thought fast rapping to be more difficult.

It's literally "hammer time."
Word to your mother!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia