Around the Girl in 80 Ways

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Around the Girl in 80 Ways

Post by Heston »

Was listening to it today for the first time in ages, such a brilliant song.

What was with Mick rapping on it though, was Don out of favour that day?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: Around the Girl in 80 Ways

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Its a great song - my personal opinion is that Dons rough vocals may have spoilt the mood of this particular song
Heston wrote:Was listening to it today for the first time in ages, such a brilliant song.

What was with Mick rapping on it though, was Don out of favour that day?

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

One of my faves from 'Megatop'. Great vibe, great lyrics, and I think Mick's rapping is wonderfully sly and giddy. Hard to feel down when that track's playing.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Heston

Post by Heston »

Yeah, let me make it clear I totally approve of Mick's rapping. Proper feel-good tune, love it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

I can hear Panic Report doing it (and well). Guess who gets to rap? :lol:

Heston

Post by Heston »

muppet hi fi wrote:I can hear Panic Report doing it (and well). Guess who gets to rap? :lol:
Gene Simmons?

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:I can hear Panic Report doing it (and well). Guess who gets to rap? :lol:
Gene Simmons?
Could do, ya never know :mrgreen:

Who was that dude from The Streets? Skinner or something? That's how I imagine Panic Report doing it. Not a very chav lyric, but you could do it like that, or maybe Ian Dury. That'd be funny as hell.

Heston

Post by Heston »

muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
Gene Simmons?

Who was that dude from The Streets? Skinner or something? That's how I imagine Panic Report doing it. Not a very chav lyric, but you could do it like that, or maybe Ian Dury. That'd be funny as hell.
The only Rent-a-Cockney I know who'd do it for a cheap bottle of whiskey is Silent Majority.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
Gene Simmons?

The only Rent-a-Cockney I know who'd do it for a cheap bottle of whiskey is Silent Majority.
Right. Remember a year or so ago Murph posted a short clip of him doing his Mick Jones impression? It was dead on and really funny. You could use him on other songs too - just write up some bullshit rap, send him the song, have him do his Mick thing, and then you could have make-believe Mick Jones raps on some tunes. Brilliant, eh? :shifty:

Heston

Post by Heston »

muppet hi fi wrote:Right. Remember a year or so ago Murph posted a short clip of him doing his Mick Jones impression? It was dead on and really funny. You could use him on other songs too - just write up some bullshit rap, send him the song, have him do his Mick thing, and then you could have make-believe Mick Jones raps on some tunes. Brilliant, eh? :shifty:
I've already considered it, but then I remembered trying to get everyone's chorus parts together for the cover of Play To Win.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:Right. Remember a year or so ago Murph posted a short clip of him doing his Mick Jones impression? It was dead on and really funny. You could use him on other songs too - just write up some bullshit rap, send him the song, have him do his Mick thing, and then you could have make-believe Mick Jones raps on some tunes. Brilliant, eh? :shifty:
I've already considered it, but then I remembered trying to get everyone's chorus parts together for the cover of Play To Win.
Trying to sing that out of tune wasn't easy you know. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
Gene Simmons?

Oi.. :angry: I'd do it for a Henry and a bottle of JD, purely medicinal of course...Don't think SM or I qualify as true Cockneys... We have better dress sense, and don't say "have a banana" every 15 minutes while flexing our braces...
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Honestly Hayes - thank your lucky starts your not a true cockney its a serious condition that shouldnt be taken lightly

[youtube][/youtube]
Purple Hayes wrote:
Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
Gene Simmons?

Oi.. :angry: I'd do it for a Henry and a bottle of JD, purely medicinal of course...Don't think SM or I qualify as true Cockneys... We have better dress sense, and don't say "have a banana" every 15 minutes while flexing our braces...

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Purple Hayes wrote:
Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
Gene Simmons?

Is a true Cockney one of those people with a Pearly Necklace or am I getting mixed up with the wrong people?

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

dave202 wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:
Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote: Gene Simmons?

Is a true Cockney one of those people with a Pearly Necklace or am I getting mixed up with the wrong people?
Yep, those fuckers... Born within the sound of Bow Bells which is St Mary-le-Bow in Cheapside which connects the City to the West End, fuck all to do with Bow in East London.

Edit: Just had a nose around and this is QI "Around 150 years ago they could be heard across the City, Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Southwark and even parts of Camden and Waltham Forest."

Now due to noise pollution they now can only be heard in a small area in the City and Shoreditch. Which have no maternity units.... Going extinct at long last :mrgreen:
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell