The Bunker Studios

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
boogie
Dirty Punk

The Bunker Studios

Post by boogie »

What was the original name for the studio that became The Bunker. Back in the 80's there was an 8 track place called Triple X, based in Acton.
Also there was a big rehersal place called Survival in and around the same industrial estate, I wonder if Mick had used that at any stage of his career.

biopunk
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Bunker Studios

Post by biopunk »

I set up a 24 track recording facility in deepest North Acton called Triple X Studios, where over a 10 year period I produced and recorded many bands including Suede, Fields Of The Nephalin, and Glen Matlock (Sex Pistols).

-- Rick Cassman
http://www.toonhound.com/shakebount.htm

Take a look at this list and see if any jog your memory.
Chewing oot a rhythm on my bubblegum

boogie
Dirty Punk

Post by boogie »

Don't remember any other studio names from that time. I was just curious to see if Mick's studio was in that general area.
I see that Triple X was a 24 track studio, Which was something I 'd forgotten. Thanks for the link, nice to see a few name bands on the list.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

It was last called Signal Studios, when Mick acquired it. Consigliere (not Kosmo BTW) would know more of the history but he doesn't visit here anymore.

boogie
Dirty Punk

Post by boogie »

Thanks Teddy. I was curious to see how Mick found the studio and what it had been before. Having rehearsed and played in and around Acton in the 80's, I hoped it was somewhere I knew. Do Mick and Tony still write together at The Bunker?

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

boogie wrote:Thanks Teddy. I was curious to see how Mick found the studio and what it had been before. Having rehearsed and played in and around Acton in the 80's, I hoped it was somewhere I knew. Do Mick and Tony still write together at The Bunker?
They haven't written together for a while. Mick and friends have used the Bunker a lot though. They film Rotten Hill TV performances there (most recently with Ian Hunter), Dreadzone has used it as well as Rotten Hill Gang to rehearse and record, and BAD even got together there before moving rehearsals to larger quarters.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Vintage footage of Carbon Silicon playing to friends at the Bunker

Filedropper was rubbish and not working so i hav eremoved that link

Lets try this one

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... -mpeg.html