Page 1 of 52

B.A.D. Observations Thread

Posted: 30 Jun 2011, 9:18am
by Chuck Mangione
I think MJ and the band like closing with Rush because of the lyric "Gotta get myself right outta here..."

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Posted: 30 Jun 2011, 9:38am
by Heston
Electric Vandal is an ace song, and should have been on the first album.

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Posted: 30 Jun 2011, 9:39am
by Rat Patrol
Heston wrote:Electric Vandal is an ace song, and should have been on the first album.
Observation: I concur wholeheartedly with this observation.

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Posted: 30 Jun 2011, 9:54am
by Chuck Mangione
Big Audio Dynamite could and should totally pull off a Clash cover live. The first few seconds/chord right into V13 from the Newcastle show sound just like as if it's the Clash striking the opening chords of Spanish Bombs, heading into the song with ease (if you ignore the radio broadcaster sampled before it starts). I guess it sounds like that because it's from Upping St. and has the extra Strummer touch. Plus, the song kind of shares a similar type of melody with Spanish Bombs, in my opinion. But anyway, BAD could definitely pull off a Clash song and serve it justice properly.

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Posted: 30 Jun 2011, 10:04am
by Heston
Chuck Mangione wrote:Big Audio Dynamite could and should totally pull off a Clash cover live. The first few seconds/chord right into V13 from the Newcastle show sound just like as if it's the Clash striking the opening chords of Spanish Bombs, heading into the song with ease (if you ignore the radio broadcaster sampled before it starts). I guess it sounds like that because it's from Upping St. and has the extra Strummer touch. Plus, the song kind of shares a similar type of melody with Spanish Bombs, in my opinion. But anyway, BAD could definitely pull off a Clash song and serve it justice properly.
Nah, not for me, too many great BAD songs to choose from.

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Posted: 30 Jun 2011, 10:20am
by Wolter
Honestly, if BAD couldn't be arsed to cover the Clash back in the day, why would they bother now?

They definitely have enough songs in their back catalogue to play a full set without needing to revert to covers.

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Posted: 30 Jun 2011, 10:31am
by Spiff
Wolter wrote:Honestly, if BAD couldn't be arsed to cover the Clash back in the day, why would they bother now?

They definitely have enough songs in their back catalogue to play a full set without needing to revert to covers.
Yeah. I'd like to see "Couldn't Get Much Worse" get worked into the set list.

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Posted: 30 Jun 2011, 10:47am
by Chuck Mangione
I wasn't saying they should definitely do a Clash song, I was just saying how if they ever did, knowing how great they've been live so far, they would annihilate and do the chosen song with ease. I agree, they have enough really, really great and classic songs in their own canon and don't need to worry about it. Plus, they're too busy hopefully working up some more new tunes for us!

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Posted: 30 Jun 2011, 1:02pm
by cockney slllaaag
RIGHT here goes and im ready to be shot down FOR ME bad are better than the clash anyway so should definatly not play cover songs,completly diffrent sounds.dont get me wrong i loved the clash is just bad are more fun without all the political vibe

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Posted: 30 Jun 2011, 1:18pm
by Silent Majority
cockney slllaaag wrote:RIGHT here goes and im ready to be shot down FOR ME bad are better than the clash anyway so should definatly not play cover songs,completly diffrent sounds.dont get me wrong i loved the clash is just bad are more fun without all the political vibe
I do love Big Audio Dynamite. I can see how someone might prefer them to the Clash, but they're not quite that high up for me.

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Posted: 30 Jun 2011, 1:38pm
by Heston
Silent Majority wrote:
cockney slllaaag wrote:RIGHT here goes and im ready to be shot down FOR ME bad are better than the clash anyway so should definatly not play cover songs,completly diffrent sounds.dont get me wrong i loved the clash is just bad are more fun without all the political vibe
I do love Big Audio Dynamite. I can see how someone might prefer them to the Clash, but they're not quite that high up for me.
Same for me.

I do have a few mates who prefer BAD, and one who prefers the Meskies!

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Posted: 30 Jun 2011, 5:33pm
by bazarboy75
Nonono
I'm not for a Clash cover

Plus as heston said thay got so many great songs in their catalogue
i'm for some tunes who never played live before

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Posted: 01 Jul 2011, 12:53am
by Chuck Mangione
An observation:
Mauri does great covers.
[youtube][/youtube]

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Posted: 01 Jul 2011, 3:41am
by bazarboy75
Well i'm not an urge fan...

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Posted: 01 Jul 2011, 8:26am
by Marky Dread
BAD is good.