B.A.D. Observations Thread

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Yes i do think Mick put his priorities else where. Thinking about it I get a feeling Mick wants to move with the music scene in a very dignified way I do think hes not comfortable in later years with the front man role to a band. Which is a shame as the last BAD tour caused lots of excitement and personally i would love to hear the original line up create a new album.
But hes contributed so much to us all i say good luck to him for whatever path he chooses even if it is a more back seat role.

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

NoMoreHugh wrote:Yes i do think Mick put his priorities else where. Thinking about it I get a feeling Mick wants to move with the music scene in a very dignified way I do think hes not comfortable in later years with the front man role to a band. Which is a shame as the last BAD tour caused lots of excitement and personally i would love to hear the original line up create a new album.
But hes contributed so much to us all i say good luck to him for whatever path he chooses even if it is a more back seat role.
What would really cap it off for me is a Sound System type release for BAD. From what I remember, its harder for that to happen because there is now laws with sampling so they have some copyright issues with remastering and re-releasing the material so I really doubt it would happen. It is something cool to think about though. It could be all the original BAD albums, maybe the BAD II stuff, the demos like all the Joe and Mick stuff from No. 10, a full Bradford 1988 gig, and some goodies like pins and maybe the BAD belt buckle.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

NoMoreHugh wrote:I get a feeling Mick wants to move with the music scene in a very dignified way I do think hes not comfortable in later years with the front man role to a band
I saw them 3 times on the reunion tour and he looked like he was bloody loving it every time!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Heston wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:I get a feeling Mick wants to move with the music scene in a very dignified way I do think hes not comfortable in later years with the front man role to a band
I saw them 3 times on the reunion tour and he looked like he was bloody loving it every time!
Oh definately i agree with that. That comes across very clear on all the youtube footage. You can really enjoy something and still reflect that maybe a more dignified role is appropriate. I hope he doesnt feel that way as i do believe that they exceeded expectation.

So what do you reckon is the reason for the reluctance for a front man role for the last few years ? It seems to me that you have Tony James waiting in the wings as well as the BAD boys but i think the desire does not seem to be there for Mick.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Anyone spot Dante's BAD 2 tattoo on Football Fight Club?

Heston

Post by Heston »

Never knew that sample in Battle of All Saints Road came from Mikey...

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Heston wrote:Never knew that sample in Battle of All Saints Road came from Mikey...

Ah yes, that is a great one. I dove a bit more into the reggae stuff and I realized something about it. BAD got the idea to drop samples in between songs from reggae albums. Like Mikey Dread has an album called African Anthem. After most of the songs, theres a little voice sample that will play. So on Megatop, thats most likey the reason for the 30 seconds songs in between the actual songs.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Kory wrote:http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b ... ions-.html

Did that No. 10 ever come out?
Unfortunately not.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

laxman wrote:
Kory wrote:http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b ... ions-.html

Did that No. 10 ever come out?
Unfortunately not.
Feet, meet fire.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

As much as I'd love to finally see a legacy #10 come out, what I'd also like to see a B.A.D. II reunion, now that would blow me away

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:As much as I'd love to finally see a legacy #10 come out, what I'd also like to see a B.A.D. II reunion, now that would blow me away
Don Letts - Too B.A.D.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Marky Dread wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:As much as I'd love to finally see a legacy #10 come out, what I'd also like to see a B.A.D. II reunion, now that would blow me away
Don Letts - Too B.A.D.
That, and Nick Hawkins died in 2005. :(
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Heston

Post by Heston »

I've just realized after all these years of loving BAD, I have never heard Greg, Leo or Dan speak. No interviews, nothing.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:I've just realized after all these years of loving BAD, I have never heard Greg, Leo or Dan speak. No interviews, nothing.
Who?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia