Royal Festival Hall 23rd July... Now on Sale...

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Re: Royal Festival Hall 23rd July... Now on Sale...

Post by Olaf »

Silent Majority wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:What's the weather gonna be like down that London on Saturday? Just cost me £110 for the return train ticket, robbin' bastards. Any good boozers open after the show? Who's definitely going up til now?
It's irritating fucking bastard weather at the moment with unbearable sunshine and head-splitting cold rain switching places every half hour. Despite it's frankly ridiculous prices (£7.70 for two lagers), I suggest everybody gets to the Wellington at Waterloo very quickly. It is nice in there and, most importantly, it's directly opposite the train/tube station and bus stops - making it simple for people unfamiliar with the area to meet up with the IMCT crew.

This would hopefully save any incidents of forum goers wandering round lost for fifteen minutes at a time. When Marky and I were doing that, a tiny crazy woman started a physical fight with the frankly massive Mr Dread. Let's avoid as much of that as possible. As soon as all the troops are assembled, we can de-camp to somewhere a bit closer to the venue.

At the moment, I think it's myself, Purple Hayes, Heston and Olaf. Anyone I'm forgetting? Anyone going and want to join in the festivities round Festival Hall?
Sorted, gig starts 19:30 so I'll be in the Wellington from 4ish :mrgreen:
Sounds good.

So if anyone remembers that picture of me in ledehosen with the giant raccoon... that's pretty much what I'll look like.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Olaf wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:What's the weather gonna be like down that London on Saturday? Just cost me £110 for the return train ticket, robbin' bastards. Any good boozers open after the show? Who's definitely going up til now?
It's irritating fucking bastard weather at the moment with unbearable sunshine and head-splitting cold rain switching places every half hour. Despite it's frankly ridiculous prices (£7.70 for two lagers), I suggest everybody gets to the Wellington at Waterloo very quickly. It is nice in there and, most importantly, it's directly opposite the train/tube station and bus stops - making it simple for people unfamiliar with the area to meet up with the IMCT crew.

This would hopefully save any incidents of forum goers wandering round lost for fifteen minutes at a time. When Marky and I were doing that, a tiny crazy woman started a physical fight with the frankly massive Mr Dread. Let's avoid as much of that as possible. As soon as all the troops are assembled, we can de-camp to somewhere a bit closer to the venue.

At the moment, I think it's myself, Purple Hayes, Heston and Olaf. Anyone I'm forgetting? Anyone going and want to join in the festivities round Festival Hall?
Sounds good.

So if anyone remembers that picture of me in ledehosen with the giant raccoon... that's pretty much what I'll look like.
I'll be wearing full KISS make up and a BAD hat.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marc Jacobs
Dirty Punk

Post by Marc Jacobs »

Funny that some people seem to think that the railways ("robbing bastards") and breweries owe them something.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Marc Jacobs wrote:Funny that some people seem to think that the railways ("robbing bastards") and breweries owe them something.
They owe it to the drunks?

Your point, of course, being that a whinge about the price of a drink is completely analogous to your feelings about Big Audio Dynamite. The treacherous dogs who, with the costs of their tickets, have abandoned their once enshrined ideals. That's an... unsurprisingly facile point.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marc Jacobs wrote:Funny that some people seem to think that the railways ("robbing bastards") and breweries owe them something.
1) The BAD tickets don't rise in price as it gets nearer the date. My mate got the same train tickets as me for £60 a few weeks ago.

2) Everyone knows that nearly £4 for a pint is a rip off, BAD's tickets are pretty much in line with what other bands charge.

3) Have you got nothing better to do than piss and moan about everything?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Heston wrote: I'll be wearing full KISS make up and a BAD hat.
Truly an embarrassment of riches.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

I was hoping deny would be able to make it, but apparently he ruined himself by buying Ibiza.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Had a bit of good news on the train tickets, a mate had a previously undiscovered voucher which is getting us down for £32 each. It cost me a tenner to cancel the original booking but still a result.

With the saved money I think I'm gonna take in Chuck Prophet (playing LC in its entirety) on Sunday evening, this is shaping up to be a good weekend.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Heston wrote: With the saved money I think I'm gonna take in Chuck Prophet (playing LC in its entirety) on Sunday evening,
I'm sure you'll enjoy it...I certainly did.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Silent Majority wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

A man of timing and breeding. I'll see you there.
Keep safe in the Sarf :mrgreen: have a ball.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Really, really sorry to be a letdown, but I can't do this now. I drank and snorted my money for the month last night and can't afford it. Feel awful to miss the gig (and in general). As you lot know, I couldn't have been looking forward to this more. I'm going to have to sell some of my lovely DVDs to pay for a bus pass to get me to work next week! Sorry, Purple Hayes, hope you find someone to give you a good price for that ticket you very kindly set aside for me. Have a blast.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

To put the capper on a great day, I've got to write a letter of apology to my mate's sister for pissing in her hallway.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston

Post by Heston »

That's a pisser mate. I'm currently sitting outside a pub in Tuffnell Park on my sixth pint of Becks. The future is unwritten.

Spare ticket going our end if anyone needs one.

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Well, me and olaf have made it to the wellington, Olaf's currently tucking into some fine english pub grub, you can never go wrong with an omnelette :-) Rest up Sm and you'll be fit to fight another day....Heston, you're the wrong side of the river, get your arse down here
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Heston

Post by Heston »

Purple Hayes wrote:Well, me and olaf have made it to the wellington, Olaf's currently tucking into some fine english pub grub, you can never go wrong with an omnelette :-) Rest up Sm and you'll be fit to fight another day....Heston, you're the wrong side of the river, get your arse down here
Currently in the William Hill's toilet in Kentish Town.

I'll keep you posted.