Royal Festival Hall 23rd July... Now on Sale...

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Royal Festival Hall 23rd July... Now on Sale...

Post by Heston »

Purple Hayes wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:If there's still tickets available after my July payday, I'll probably hit this one. I think Madness are playing there not long before, and I can't remember seeing them. I went to their gig, but don't remember them.
Still a fair few available at the back and in the gods at the moment, you should be ok...

I'm just hoping I'm not sat directly behind a huge northern bloke in the stalls... :shifty:
:mrgreen:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Well, this has all worked out very nicely, at least 4 IMCT peeps I know of are attending for sure, many more and it might be worth having a whip for sandwiches and recreationals in the pre-gig boozer, anymore for anymore? ;)

C'mon Marky, sort it out, I need to hear another one of your epic phone calls..."Hello Mate...get off me you silly mare..." :mrgreen:
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

cockney slllaaag
Corner Soul

Post by cockney slllaaag »

anyone going from manchester where i can blag a lift,,,virgin trains is 125 return that weekend and the cheapest hotel i can find is 107,suppose its woirth it to see the band if i have to pay i have to pay end of not missing this,and teddy could u get me a back stage pass u would be well rewarded :shifty:

Heston

Post by Heston »

What's the weather gonna be like down that London on Saturday? Just cost me £110 for the return train ticket, robbin' bastards. Any good boozers open after the show? Who's definitely going up til now?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:What's the weather gonna be like down that London on Saturday?
Grey, wet, and foggy?

(I base all of my knowledge of London on old Jack the Ripper movies)
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Heston wrote:What's the weather gonna be like down that London on Saturday? Just cost me £110 for the return train ticket, robbin' bastards. Any good boozers open after the show? Who's definitely going up til now?
Been pissing down here for days, forecast says dry but cloudy for the weekend..

£110? Fuck me, you could have flew down for that..

Maybe discuss post-gig boozers in the pre-gig boozer :mrgreen: Somewhere near Waterloo as suggested by SM might be best as it should be easy for people to find....
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Heston wrote:What's the weather gonna be like down that London on Saturday? Just cost me £110 for the return train ticket, robbin' bastards. Any good boozers open after the show? Who's definitely going up til now?
It's irritating fucking bastard weather at the moment with unbearable sunshine and head-splitting cold rain switching places every half hour. Despite it's frankly ridiculous prices (£7.70 for two lagers), I suggest everybody gets to the Wellington at Waterloo very quickly. It is nice in there and, most importantly, it's directly opposite the train/tube station and bus stops - making it simple for people unfamiliar with the area to meet up with the IMCT crew.

This would hopefully save any incidents of forum goers wandering round lost for fifteen minutes at a time. When Marky and I were doing that, a tiny crazy woman started a physical fight with the frankly massive Mr Dread. Let's avoid as much of that as possible. As soon as all the troops are assembled, we can de-camp to somewhere a bit closer to the venue.

At the moment, I think it's myself, Purple Hayes, Heston and Olaf. Anyone I'm forgetting? Anyone going and want to join in the festivities round Festival Hall?
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
It's irritating fucking bastard weather at the moment with unbearable sunshine and head-splitting cold rain switching places every half hour. Despite it's frankly ridiculous prices (£7.70 for two lagers), I suggest everybody gets to the Wellington at Waterloo very quickly. It is nice in there and, most importantly, it's directly opposite the train/tube station and bus stops - making it simple for people unfamiliar with the area to meet up with the IMCT crew.

This would hopefully save any incidents of forum goers wandering round lost for fifteen minutes at a time. When Marky and I were doing that, a tiny crazy woman started a physical fight with the frankly massive Mr Dread. Let's avoid as much of that as possible. As soon as all the troops are assembled, we can de-camp to somewhere a bit closer to the venue.

At the moment, I think it's myself, Purple Hayes, Heston and Olaf. Anyone I'm forgetting? Anyone going and want to join in the festivities round Festival Hall?
There's four of us getting into London late afternoon, and we need to drop off bags etc., what would be the rough timeline for people arriving and leaving the Wellington? I say this because with there being four of us, I won't be in charge of the itinerary, but should easily be able to sway everyone into the Wellington at some point.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Heston wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

There's four of us getting into London late afternoon, and we need to drop off bags etc., what would be the rough timeline for people arriving and leaving the Wellington? I say this because with there being four of us, I won't be in charge of the itinerary, but should easily be able to sway everyone into the Wellington at some point.
I don't even know what time the gig is, to be honest.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Silent Majority wrote:

Sorted, gig starts 19:30 so I'll be in the Wellington from 4ish :mrgreen:

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Purple Hayes wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

Sorted, gig starts 19:30 so I'll be in the Wellington from 4ish :mrgreen:
A man of timing and breeding. I'll see you there.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston

Post by Heston »

Ok, I'll do my darndest to get there between 4 and 7. :cool:

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Heston wrote:Ok, I'll do my darndest to get there between 4 and 7. :cool:
Good man, if we get beat up, barred or bored and change venues I'll put an update here, you've a funky net phone I remember...Aint technology brilliant :mrgreen:

Heston

Post by Heston »

Purple Hayes wrote:
Heston wrote:Ok, I'll do my darndest to get there between 4 and 7. :cool:
Good man, if we get beat up, barred or bored and change venues I'll put an update here, you've a funky net phone I remember...Aint technology brilliant :mrgreen:
Good idea mate. ;)

boxfresh10
Dirty Punk

Post by boxfresh10 »

Anyone know who the support is Saturday?