London SS tapes does exist

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: London SS tapes does exist

Post by Heston »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:I've changed my mind, the more I read about the tape, and especially the fact so many involved kept a copy, the more I want to hear it. I believe it is vital to not only the Clash jigsaw but also the early days of the original Punk movement. I realise this tape isn't an early Clash demo (although I especially want to hear Protex Blue and I'm So Bored') but then nor was the 101ers and I love some of their stuff and can see how they influenced the Clash, would love to hear the same from London SS.
The 101ers recorded professionally, I can imagine this tape being very rough if it was recorded straight to cassette. It's not something I'm yearning for, that would be clean recordings of Rat Patrol and TRAC.
Meh, the best thing about Rat Patrol is the unreleased songs, and those are great quality. The rest is pretty similar to the album versions and when they are different it's usually for the worse. I'd be disappointed if an official release was ever wasted on Rat Patrol.

TRAC i'd love to hear cleaned up though. As for London SS, I would definitely listen if something was circulating, but does not interest me much either.
I mainly want a cleaned up Rat Patrol for the awesome version of Inoculated City.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by esmark »

Heston wrote:
Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:I've changed my mind, the more I read about the tape, and especially the fact so many involved kept a copy, the more I want to hear it. I believe it is vital to not only the Clash jigsaw but also the early days of the original Punk movement. I realise this tape isn't an early Clash demo (although I especially want to hear Protex Blue and I'm So Bored') but then nor was the 101ers and I love some of their stuff and can see how they influenced the Clash, would love to hear the same from London SS.
The 101ers recorded professionally, I can imagine this tape being very rough if it was recorded straight to cassette. It's not something I'm yearning for, that would be clean recordings of Rat Patrol and TRAC.
Meh, the best thing about Rat Patrol is the unreleased songs, and those are great quality. The rest is pretty similar to the album versions and when they are different it's usually for the worse. I'd be disappointed if an official release was ever wasted on Rat Patrol.

TRAC i'd love to hear cleaned up though. As for London SS, I would definitely listen if something was circulating, but does not interest me much either.
I mainly want a cleaned up Rat Patrol for the awesome version of Inoculated City.
Why? We've got Marky's remix, does the trick for me!

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

esmark wrote:
Heston wrote:
Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Heston wrote:

Marky did his usual great job with what he had to work with, but we know a full fidelity tape exists.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
esmark wrote:
Heston wrote:
Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Heston wrote: The 101ers recorded professionally, I can imagine this tape being very rough if it was recorded straight to cassette. It's not something I'm yearning for, that would be clean recordings of Rat Patrol and TRAC.

Marky did his usual great job with what he had to work with, but we know a full fidelity tape exists.
I'm going to remix the London SS tape. I will upload it shortly.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Still waiting....and waiting...and... ... .. . :disshame:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 8:27am
It's only been 8 years mate. No hurry.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 8:59am
Marky Dread wrote:
I feel sorry for Mick. His bottom must hurt after sitting on it for so long.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 9:27am
white man wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 8:59am
Marky Dread wrote:
I feel sorry for Mick. His bottom must hurt after sitting on it for so long.
The man owns a lot of sheds.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft