TRAC Demo's

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: TRAC Demo's

Post by esmark » 07 Jun 2013, 4:49am

Seem to remember Mick saying in an interview, during the early stages of CSi releasing mp3's via their website, that he really liked the fans sharing rare stuff on various websites, and the he had no problem with it. If he was that against some of his own rare stuff being shared amongst the fans, he shouldn't even considering giving tapes or cd-r copies of it to his own friends or bandmates. Amongst Pirate Friends got leaked as well, MJ later saying it was ok, although he would've preferred it being locked away. I sent him a copy that -Douglas cleaned up way back, and got a reply (via third person) saying thanks for a great job. Same goes for the Treat Me Right "release" I did on my page after I got it from Nick Hawkins. MJ gave me (via third person) the OK to post it. Seems to me he kinda enjoys the fuzz amongst us over these things. It's not like it's getting a whole lotta PR...

clashrocker
Sightsee MC

Post by clashrocker » 07 Jun 2013, 5:17am

If Mick Jones thinks that the Clash fanbase is going to buy remastered Clash product some thirty years after their demise, material that's being released in some fashion for the umpteenth time, then surely he would expect us to gobble up some of the rarer stuff that he has laying/lying around, regardless if we've heard it in varying states of quality. Personally, I don't see why a performer would leak material to "friends" when its the fans who are clamoring for it. I don't have a completist mentality per se but there's some quality stuff in the TRAC material and other unreleased Clash material and if Mick isn't proud of the work then I doubt if he'd be making copies for friends, but instead it might be some type of copyright clearance with assorted record companies and publishing companies that keeps him from getting the stuff out. In the meantime, people that are most interested in these things are dying off, like my daddy who wasn't around anymore when the Hank Williams radio shows surfaced about ten years ago, because I know that he would have sat in a puddle of poo to have the opportunity to listen to some of those rare gems that the later generations of music buyers just shrug their shoulders at.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione » 07 Jun 2013, 3:29pm

Agree with clashrocker here. More or less.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In » 07 Jun 2013, 3:33pm

Esmark - Mick hasn't shared the London SS tapes with any of his friends, which goes to your point. I once gave a copy of 46664 to someone who leaked it, and Mick just wanted to know that it came from me and wasn't stolen when people broke into the bunker and took a load of hard drives. With the TRAC stuff he seemed concerned that people wouldn't like it and was pleased to hear that some some it. Not sure what's else his issues would be, unless it had to do with his falling out with John Lennard, and Mick didn't feel like he had the only say in the matter (c.f. Clashrocker's analysis above). He's never shared rare Libertines, for instance. On the other hand, I think it would be untoward of me to leak better sounding Rat Patrol tapes, in case they do a Legacy issue (which is admittedly looking less likely).

Oh, and in the case of the "friends" Mick has given stuff to - they are fans as well - not least Gerry Harrington, who managed both Joe and Mick at different times but was also the biggest Clash fan I knew. And a collector. Mick's a Clash fan too.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 07 Jun 2013, 4:24pm

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:Esmark - Mick hasn't shared the London SS tapes with any of his friends, which goes to your point. I once gave a copy of 46664 to someone who leaked it, and Mick just wanted to know that it came from me and wasn't stolen when people broke into the bunker and took a load of hard drives. With the TRAC stuff he seemed concerned that people wouldn't like it and was pleased to hear that some some it. Not sure what's else his issues would be, unless it had to do with his falling out with John Lennard, and Mick didn't feel like he had the only say in the matter (c.f. Clashrocker's analysis above). He's never shared rare Libertines, for instance. On the other hand, I think it would be untoward of me to leak better sounding Rat Patrol tapes, in case they do a Legacy issue (which is admittedly looking less likely).

Oh, and in the case of the "friends" Mick has given stuff to - they are fans as well - not least Gerry Harrington, who managed both Joe and Mick at different times but was also the biggest Clash fan I knew. And a collector. Mick's a Clash fan too.
A MUSIC FAN. ;)

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston » 07 Jun 2013, 4:49pm

If Mick is not planning an official release for the TRAC demos, I can't understand why he'd be adverse to them coming out in better quality. Same goes for Rat Patrol.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 07 Jun 2013, 5:43pm

Heston wrote:If Mick is not planning an official release for the TRAC demos, I can't understand why he'd be adverse to them coming out in better quality. Same goes for Rat Patrol.
Maybe they still will.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 » 12 Mar 2015, 1:24pm

Can someone repost these demos? I've lost mine.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione » 12 Mar 2015, 7:21pm

dave202 wrote:Can someone repost these demos? I've lost mine.
Here you go.

https://www.mediafire.com/?bv2w8j5y5u58x3b

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 12 Mar 2015, 10:34pm

https://mega.co.nz/#!25NTHY4a!m-zfUZXO8 ... i4VltO9ijM

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 » 13 Mar 2015, 11:41am

Marky Dread wrote:
Thanks Marky. They were still alive on my iPod, and it bugged me that I couldn't play them at home.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 13 Mar 2015, 11:42am

dave202 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Thanks Marky. They were still alive on my iPod, and it bugged me that I couldn't play them at home.
No worries and respects to Chuck, I hadn't noticed he's already posted them.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 » 13 Mar 2015, 11:57am

Chuck Mangione wrote:
Here you go.

Thanks Chuck. I noticed Marky's first, but am still indebted for the effort.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione » 13 Mar 2015, 12:01pm

dave202 wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:
Here you go.

No probs.

Hey, this is the remastered one bazar or Marky did, right? Could someone reup the original one if this wasn't it? I know I had it on my old drive. If this is the original then can I get the remasters?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 13 Mar 2015, 12:34pm

Chuck Mangione wrote:
dave202 wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:
Here you go.

No probs.

Hey, this is the remastered one bazar or Marky did, right? Could someone reup the original one if this wasn't it? I know I had it on my old drive. If this is the original then can I get the remasters?
This is my remastered version. The originals sounded pretty terrible do you still want them?

Here's the original tape anyway.

https://mega.co.nz/#!2xFkFKbQ!L7QMAknR- ... bggh0vmQb4