Calling BAD Experts E=MC2 Question

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: Calling BAD Experts E=MC2 Question

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Dirty Harry wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:
Heston wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:My understanding was that Boittom Line was the only song from the first album that was written by Mick for the Clash. The original name was something Transalantic something or other and was something to do with the financial state between UK and accross the atlamtic. I think Joe was originally to be the lead sing on it as well.

I wish i could remember where i know this from
Trans Fee Cash Pay One was the title, whatever the fuck that meant.
Thats the title name, thanks Heston.

I remember now It was on a radio station in an interview i heard it at about the time when the first album was or going to be released. The interviewer was asking the same as this thread whether this is where Mick saw the clash moving to musically. Mick said it would be different with the clash but essentially yes. This prompted mick to talk about Bottom Line and how that was a song written for the clash and the title was Trans Fee Cash Pay One as you mentioned. The interviewer said confused "how would that work"? Mick then began to sing the chorus of Bottom Line replacing the words "When you reach the bottom line" with "when you Trans Fee Cash Pay One" and then affectionally mentioed but Joe would have been singing it. The interviewer just said "oh yeah" and continued with the interview.

Its possible that i have mixed two interviews up but it may have been the interview as well where Mick and Don played the Magnificent 7 mix with the warner Bros cartoon characters sampled in . Elmer fudd mixed in the song with "get the wabbitt" comments and various charater voices like Buggs bunny etc.. And how this was the inspiration behind the sampling in the BAD songs. Some details i have probably got a little out but then again that was over 30 tears ago now.
Yep it was janice long think it was around 85 i just seen an mp3 of this interview on one of my hard drives the other day.
Would love to hear that recording again ? For old times sake and to test my poor memory :rolleyes: