BAD's No. 10, Upping St. CD: 11 vs. 12-track version

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

BAD's No. 10, Upping St. CD: 11 vs. 12-track version

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

I've seen 2 versions of the No. 10, Upping St. CD, one with 11 tracks and one with 12 tracks (both US releases). Is there a difference between the 2 versions besides the number of tracks? Does the 12-track CD have different mixes than the 11-track one? Which version is better? I've noticed that the new BAD box set (UK release) has the 11-track No. 10, Upping St. CD.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: BAD's No. 10, Upping St. CD: 11 vs. 12-track version

Post by Heston »

I was surprised when I played the box-set version of 10 Upping Street. Why did they replace the original versions of V13 and Hollywood Boulevard? I actually prefer the newer mixes, but I'd rather have heard the album as nature intended.
Brig, I take it the 12 track version includes Badrock City? That isn't on the box-set.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by esmark »

The difference is the 12th Badrock City track. The mixes are the same, same time on the tracks at least... at least on my versions...

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Heston wrote: Brig, I take it the 12 track version includes Badrock City?
Yes, it does.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

esmark wrote:The difference is the 12th Badrock City track. The mixes are the same, same time on the tracks at least... at least on my versions...
Thanks for the info.

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by esmark »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
esmark wrote:The difference is the 12th Badrock City track. The mixes are the same, same time on the tracks at least... at least on my versions...
Thanks for the info.
No problem, glad to help. :cool:

rudiethedirtypunk
Dirty Punk

Post by rudiethedirtypunk »

on the case of mine is has twelve but on the actual cd there is only eleven

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

rudiethedirtypunk wrote:on the case of mine is has twelve but on the actual cd there is only eleven
US release? How old is it?

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

Heston wrote:I was surprised when I played the box-set version of 10 Upping Street. Why did they replace the original versions of V13 and Hollywood Boulevard? I actually prefer the newer mixes, but I'd rather have heard the album as nature intended.
Brig, I take it the 12 track version includes Badrock City? That isn't on the box-set.
Wait...I remember in CK's book that the original CD issue of No. 10 had different (inferior, per CK) mixes of several songs than the vinyl version. Has anyone heard the box set version and the original vinyl to tell if they're the same? I've never heard No. 10 on vinyl but I have the original US (12 track) CD.

I remember reading that Badrock City was actually a hit single on some Billboard chart (Heatseekers or Dance or some such thing). Why would they delete that off the new CD?
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Still216 wrote:Wait...I remember in CK's book that the original CD issue of No. 10 had different (inferior, per CK) mixes of several songs than the vinyl version. Has anyone heard the box set version and the original vinyl to tell if they're the same? I've never heard No. 10 on vinyl but I have the original US (12 track) CD.
I bought the original vinyl the day it came out. It was nine tracks long (no Ice Cool Killer, Badrock City or The Big V) and had the original mixes of V13 and Hollywood Boulevard. The Box set has 11 tracks and replaces V13 with the UK single mix (which is wildly different) and a ballsier version of Hollywood Boulevard.
It tacks on Ice Cool Killer and The Big V, but no Badrock City.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

rudiethedirtypunk
Dirty Punk

Post by rudiethedirtypunk »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
rudiethedirtypunk wrote:on the case of mine is has twelve but on the actual cd there is only eleven
I dont know, i got it from ebay, it says printed in usa. The only year on it is 1986.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

rudiethedirtypunk wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
I dont know, i got it from ebay, it says printed in usa. The only year on it is 1986.
That's odd.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I just got the Japanese edition which has the "he's plastered" sample on it. So I assume it's the same mix as the vinyl.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

I can upload the vinyl as .wav files if anyone is interested not too sure what the quality would be like though after all these years there could be a few crackles . Will take few days as i will need to get the record player out and link it up to my laptop etc etc. So let me know.