BAD 1986 Filmed Concert

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: BAD 1986 Filmed Concert

Post by Heston »

Stefano1972 wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 5:11pm
Heston wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 2:53pm
Stefano1972 wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 10:52am
oliver wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 10:09am
Stefano1972 wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 6:48am
There were also studio rehearsals of their first album.
Do you mean that mimed version of Sudden Impact from Mick's basement or something else?
I think it’s that but i remember not only sudden impact
Keep off the Grass?
Maybe not. I saw the video you posted of Keep off the grass, and luckily it's still online. By the way, you have to tell us how you managed to get it :idea:
Leo gave it to someone's brother way back in the day, along with the TRAC demos iirc. I can't remember how they were liberated into circulation but I ended up sticking Keep Off the Grass and Sudden Impact on YouTube. It's nearly 18 years ago now, which is scary.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Heston wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 1:35pm
Leo gave it to someone's brother way back in the day, along with the TRAC demos iirc.
Just slightly off... My sister got to know Leo and Don in 1990. It was after Who Killed King Tubby came out but before Knowledge 'n' Numbers and Hometown Hi-fi were released. She mentioned I was a huge fan and he gave her a carrier bag to give to me.

In it, and this is from memory so I may be slightly off, were some BAD 12" (E=MC2 with the Albert Einstein sleeve; the Brazilian 12" of Sambadrome), a chunky BAD belt buckle, CD singles for Who Killed King Tubby and Knowledge N Numbers, the cassette of BAD/TRAC demos, a VHS with Sudden Impact and Keep off the Grass and a *huge* (at least 8' x 4') poster of Who Killed King Tubby. It must have been for a subway or something because it would have covered a wall in my room. I'm forgetting a couple of things... one was probably that BAD fanzine thing because I don't know where else I would have got it and there may have been a second smaller poster too.

I didn't really understand what I had with the cassette and ultimately my cheap boombox destroyed one side (BAD demos) and tried it's best to destroy the TRAC side too. I really regret not just making a copy at the time and playing that one.

FWIW, about 10 years ago, my sister got the E=MC2 12" signed by Mick, Don, Leo and Greg for a birthday present for me.

I dubbed the VHS successfully onto another VHS of all the BAD TV appearances I had and started sharing it back around the time of Entering a New Ride. There are better versions of most of those clips so I'm never sure if it's *my* copy of Sudden Impact or not out there but it does have some matching artifacts (I don't know if I introduced them or not) so it could go either way.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

oliver wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 2:41pm
Heston wrote:
Leo gave it to someone's brother way back in the day, along with the TRAC demos iirc.
Just slightly off... My sister got to know Leo and Don in 1990. It was after Who Killed King Tubby came out but before Knowledge 'n' Numbers and Hometown Hi-fi were released. She mentioned I was a huge fan and he gave her a carrier bag to give to me.

In it, and this is from memory so I may be slightly off, were some BAD 12" (E=MC2 with the Albert Einstein sleeve; the Brazilian 12" of Sambadrome), a chunky BAD belt buckle, CD singles for Who Killed King Tubby and Knowledge N Numbers, the cassette of BAD/TRAC demos, a VHS with Sudden Impact and Keep off the Grass and a *huge* (at least 8' x 4') poster of Who Killed King Tubby. It must have been for a subway or something because it would have covered a wall in my room. I'm forgetting a couple of things... one was probably that BAD fanzine thing because I don't know where else I would have got it and there may have been a second smaller poster too.

I didn't really understand what I had with the cassette and ultimately my cheap boombox destroyed one side (BAD demos) and tried it's best to destroy the TRAC side too. I really regret not just making a copy at the time and playing that one.

FWIW, about 10 years ago, my sister got the E=MC2 12" signed by Mick, Don, Leo and Greg for a birthday present for me.

I dubbed the VHS successfully onto another VHS of all the BAD TV appearances I had and started sharing it back around the time of Entering a New Ride. There are better versions of most of those clips so I'm never sure if it's *my* copy of Sudden Impact or not out there but it does have some matching artifacts (I don't know if I introduced them or not) so it could go either way.
Thanks for clearing that up mate. It was a great find.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

bazarboy75 wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 3:52pm
River wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 10:33am

Much appreciated! Can't wait to see what you can do with it.
Here we go
the sound still pretty awful

Thanks for uploading this! Even without great sound it is still amazing to me to see what a live BAD show was like in '86.

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

oliver wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 2:41pm
Heston wrote:
and a *huge* (at least 8' x 4') poster of Who Killed King Tubby. It must have been for a subway or something because it would have covered a wall in my room.
I had that poster as well. It's a shame it got lost during moves over the years.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

appleseed1 wrote:
10 Feb 2024, 11:49am

Thanks for uploading this! Even without great sound it is still amazing to me to see what a live BAD show was like in '86.
From a fan to the fans !

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Now if only we could get new recordings of them live. 1988 especially, the couple shows we have they sound absolutely at their peak. A full Bradford show is my holy grail.