BAD la cigale 1989 FM show

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

BAD la cigale 1989 FM show

Post by bazarboy75 »

Short but efficient
a bit restored
requested by the public
BAD la Cigale FM show
7 days link !
https://we.tl/t-sIpA4N8HOj

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: BAD la cigale 1989 FM show

Post by oliver »

nice... I'll be d/l'ing later on. 1989 is my favourite live year for original BAD.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

bazarboy75 wrote:
16 Nov 2023, 10:30am
Short but efficient
a bit restored
requested by the public
BAD la Cigale FM show
7 days link !
https://we.tl/t-sIpA4N8HOj
got it! thanks!!

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

The reasons why Mick decided to dismantle the first version of B.A.D. and to start a new band soon after, have always been unknown to me.
I followed him until Megatop Phoenix, after the simultaneous departure of Don Letts, Leo Williams, Greg Roberts and Dan Donovan, I thought that all things considered Joe and Paul perhaps had some good reason to kick him out.

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

Stefano1972 wrote:
22 Nov 2023, 7:32pm
The reasons why Mick decided to dismantle the first version of B.A.D. and to start a new band soon after, have always been unknown to me.
I followed him until Megatop Phoenix, after the simultaneous departure of Don Letts, Leo Williams, Greg Roberts and Dan Donovan, I thought that all things considered Joe and Paul perhaps had some good reason to kick him out.

I have also thought this, and it has lead to me having a negative bias towards mick in general.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀https://xrcf.xyz/
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Jeez. Most BAD personnel changes had to do with money problems. Don wanted a chance to strike out on his own. Mick formed BAD II (originally with Dan, who then left to join Sisters of Mercy) to fulfill previously booked live dates. Note as well that all of those players have remained friendly with Mick and collaborated with him since (with the on-off exception of Dan, which revolves around a personal issue and has nothing to do with the band). Note how many personnel changes Joe’s later bands went through as well.

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
22 Nov 2023, 9:46pm
Jeez. Most BAD personnel changes had to do with money problems. Don wanted a chance to strike out on his own. Mick formed BAD II (originally with Dan, who then left to join Sisters of Mercy) to fulfill previously booked live dates. Note as well that all of those players have remained friendly with Mick and collaborated with him since (with the on-off exception of Dan, which revolves around a personal issue and has nothing to do with the band). Note how many personnel changes Joe’s later bands went through as well.
Plus the original band got back together in 2011 and toured, which was fabulous. I never got the sense there was bad blood between them whatsoever. They sounded great, they seemed to be enjoying themselves, nothing but good vibes.
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Conrad
Corner Soul

Post by Conrad »

In March 1990 I went to see BAD. I knew nothing about the line up changes (Kool-aid had not come out yet) so it was a big surprise to hear Mick say, in Italian, "I would like to introduce the new Big Audio Dynamite". I have a vague memory of Dan being still on keyboards, but what I remember vividly was that there was a guy with dreadlocks next to the stage, and in between songs Mick would often turn to him and smile, almost as if for approval or confirmation... I wasn't close enough and couldn't say if the guy was Don Letts but had the impression that he was. Anyone had the same experience around that time ? By the way, the show was very low-key, low volume and I wasn't very impressed, though I remember liking City Lights. I still love BAD in all its incarnations, though, including BAD II and Big Audio.

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Thanks for the explanation, it was a doubt I had never clarified.

- Carl Gustav Jung

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

weller259 wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 12:27am
Plus the original band got back together in 2011 and toured, which was fabulous. I never got the sense there was bad blood between them whatsoever. They sounded great, they seemed to be enjoying themselves, nothing but good vibes.
True! I add that bassist Leo Williams continued to work with Mick also in the Carbon Silicon project

- Carl Gustav Jung

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Conrad wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 5:44am
In March 1990 I went to see BAD. I knew nothing about the line up changes (Kool-aid had not come out yet) so it was a big surprise to hear Mick say, in Italian, "I would like to introduce the new Big Audio Dynamite". I have a vague memory of Dan being still on keyboards, but what I remember vividly was that there was a guy with dreadlocks next to the stage, and in between songs Mick would often turn to him and smile, almost as if for approval or confirmation... I wasn't close enough and couldn't say if the guy was Don Letts but had the impression that he was. Anyone had the same experience around that time ? By the way, the show was very low-key, low volume and I wasn't very impressed, though I remember liking City Lights. I still love BAD in all its incarnations, though, including BAD II and Big Audio.
Were you also at Rolling Stone in Milan? although I don't remember the Don Letts episode you write about

- Carl Gustav Jung

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

with the on-off exception of Dan, which revolves around a personal issue and has nothing to do with the band
Is DD back in the fold now? He was in that Galen and Paul video with Leo.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Dan and Leo both played live with Galen and Paul. Dan DJ’s as does Paul at Paul’s club.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

BAD and BADII are the only reformed group ever that i have loved both versions equally. That's Studio and Live they are both brilliant but in different ways. I cant think of another band that has ever achieved that .

What an amazing group they were its a little frustrating that both groups didn't get better recognition. Both groups are probably my most favourite memories of my youth and all the live gigs i was at.