Dog in a Satellite lyrics?

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Dog in a Satellite lyrics?

Post by Marky Dread »

sambadrome wrote: ↑
25 Jun 2023, 10:10am
I realise that it's not likely to happen now, but the idea of a Legacy Edition of No.10 Upping St is still very appealing to me...
Definitely second this.

Dog in a Satellite is a gem of a track.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

RockaPhillyClash
Corner Soul

Post by RockaPhillyClash »

Been hoping for a Mick Box for quite some time (call it 003) with something like an odds & sods disc (SS demo - Dog in a Satellite - Missing RP tracks like SISOSIG & Inoculated City + Long Island, etc); A TRAC disc; Live unreleased Clash disc (Mick's Vox only); BAD Ultimate Mix disc; BAD live show & CSi remixed disc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

RockaPhillyClash wrote: ↑
03 Jul 2023, 8:16am
Been hoping for a Mick Box for quite some time (call it 003) with something like an odds & sods disc (SS demo - Dog in a Satellite - Missing RP tracks like SISOSIG & Inoculated City + Long Island, etc); A TRAC disc; Live unreleased Clash disc (Mick's Vox only); BAD Ultimate Mix disc; BAD live show & CSi remixed disc
It doesn't hurt to dream.πŸ˜‰

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

I realise that it's not likely to happen now, but the idea of a Legacy Edition of No.10 Upping St is still very appealing to me...
I would love a Legacy Edition, but agree there's more chance of Celtic winning the Champions League. It's a pity CBS/Sony don't allow someone like Cherry Red Records to do it on the cheap - they release a lot of material that's hard to find otherwise and seems to do it in an affordable way.

Actually, thinking more about it, with Brendan back, the Champions League is on. COYBIG!

sambadrome
Dirty Punk

Post by sambadrome »

dave202 wrote: ↑
04 Jul 2023, 11:05am
I would love a Legacy Edition, but agree there's more chance of Celtic winning the Champions League. It's a pity CBS/Sony don't allow someone like Cherry Red Records to do it on the cheap - they release a lot of material that's hard to find otherwise and seems to do it in an affordable way.

Actually, thinking more about it, with Brendan back, the Champions League is on. COYBIG!
Good point on Cherry Red, and arguably there are more obscure albums than No.10 getting the deluxe treatment.
I think it's more likely that more tracks will appear on future Joe Strummer compilations, but the idea of an anthology series dedicated to Mick is certainly appealing to me, although the suits at Sony probably think otherwise.

As for Celtic winning the Champions League, as a Blackburn Rovers supporter I have other things to worry about... πŸ˜†

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

09 Jul 2023, 5:47am

Good point on Cherry Red, and arguably there are more obscure albums than No.10 getting the deluxe treatment.
I think it's more likely that more tracks will appear on future Joe Strummer compilations, but the idea of an anthology series dedicated to Mick is certainly appealing to me, although the suits at Sony probably think otherwise.

As for Celtic winning the Champions League, as a Blackburn Rovers supporter I have other things to worry about... πŸ˜†
The Rovers have never been the since Chris Sutton left. A former girlfriend's brother-in-law went to the club from Dundee United via Coventry City. I used to look out for their games at the time, the closest I've had to supporting another club. I agree with you, a Mick Jones anthology would be great, picking up on guest appearances like The Wallflowers and Dreadzone as well as his more obvious body of work.

sambadrome
Dirty Punk

Post by sambadrome »

09 Jul 2023, 9:52am

The Rovers have never been the since Chris Sutton left. A former girlfriend's brother-in-law went to the club from Dundee United via Coventry City. I used to look out for their games at the time, the closest I've had to supporting another club. I agree with you, a Mick Jones anthology would be great, picking up on guest appearances like The Wallflowers and Dreadzone as well as his more obvious body of work.
Shearer & Sutton - great times.

I think we signed Billy McKinlay from Dundee. A great midfielder, but there's probably others too, as we had our fair share of Scottish players back in the day.

The MJ Anthology is a great idea. You could add Mick's collaborations with The Avalanches, Magnus Carlson, Rachid Taha etc, and of course the less obscure but essential stuff like Good Morning Britain with Aztec Camera.

I don't know if any of the Justice Tonight gigs were professionally recorded, but they were excellent shows and a few live tracks would be a welcome addition too.

I wouldn't be against including some of Mick's production work either. The more you think about it, the more appealing it becomes. Licensing would probably be a barrier to any official release, but it would still make a great fan project.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

10 Jul 2023, 5:43pm

I think we signed Billy McKinlay from Dundee. A great midfielder, but there's probably others too, as we had our fair share of Scottish players back in the day.

The MJ Anthology is a great idea. You could add Mick's collaborations with The Avalanches, Magnus Carlson, Rachid Taha etc, and of course the less obscure but essential stuff like Good Morning Britain with Aztec Camera.

I don't know if any of the Justice Tonight gigs were professionally recorded, but they were excellent shows and a few live tracks would be a welcome addition too.

I wouldn't be against including some of Mick's production work either. The more you think about it, the more appealing it becomes. Licensing would probably be a barrier to any official release, but it would still make a great fan project.
I made a Mick box set a couple of years back. But I never shared it here. I might who knows.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Marky Dread wrote: ↑
10 Jul 2023, 6:25pm

I made a Mick box set a couple of years back. But I never shared it here. I might who knows.
I would certainly appreciate that, as would many others.

sambadrome
Dirty Punk

Post by sambadrome »

That would be interesting...

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

17 Jul 2023, 1:43pm

All in good time mate. I'm busy working on something else at the moment.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

sambadrome
Dirty Punk

Post by sambadrome »

17 Jul 2023, 2:58pm
17 Jul 2023, 1:43pm

All in good time mate. I'm busy working on something else at the moment.
No problem. I'm sure your latest project will be up to your usual standard. Looking forward to it πŸ‘