Carbon Vinyl

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
motorsmell
Junco Partner

Carbon Vinyl

Post by motorsmell »

I am stupid I know, however entertain this idea..what is the possibility of a carbon silicone vinyl box set of the complete works? I realize it's a free to the people project but alas I struggle to give any digital media the time of day... physical formats have a connection and purpose...I like to hear shit I know I earned...

mothyham
Corner Soul

Re: Carbon Vinyl

Post by mothyham »

I came here today looking for the same thing.
I have my 3 singles though!!

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

mothyham wrote:
18 Dec 2022, 5:53am
I came here today looking for the same thing.
I have my 3 singles though!!
Yeah I got the singles! I don't think Mick likes to look back too much, maybe a decent bootlegger will do it!

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

I guess it is difficult to say what the complete works actually are, there are a lot of releases that aren't even in the discography on the official site or, we are told, have too many samples to release. Nice thought, though.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I know this is sort of the opposite of the original sentiment, but I'd kill for a complete collection of C/S stuff in true lossless audio. All those early digital-only releases came out before lossless was ubiquitous and a lot of that stuff isn't very easy to find anymore in any case.

And, yeah, some of those REALLY early releases have never been circulated - I know it's a pipe dream but I'd love to hear that really early stuff someday too.

Addendum: I'd be interested in vinyl where the audio is truly mastered properly for the format and the lacquer cutting is handled by a sympathetic pro like Kevin Gray or something (who's done a bunch of work for Drastic Plastic), but I wouldn't be that interested in a cd-pressed-to-vinyl from a shoddy plant like gz media or whatever.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Flex wrote:
18 Dec 2022, 12:31pm
I know this is sort of the opposite of the original sentiment, but I'd kill for a complete collection of C/S stuff in true lossless audio. All those early digital-only releases came out before lossless was ubiquitous and a lot of that stuff isn't very easy to find anymore in any case.

And, yeah, some of those REALLY early releases have never been circulated - I know it's a pipe dream but I'd love to hear that really early stuff someday too.

Addendum: I'd be interested in vinyl where the audio is truly mastered properly for the format and the lacquer cutting is handled by a sympathetic pro like Kevin Gray or something (who's done a bunch of work for Drastic Plastic), but I wouldn't be that interested in a cd-pressed-to-vinyl from a shoddy plant like gz media or whatever.
Agreed a CD Pressed in to wax is not ideal.... The complete collection remastered by/with Mick would be excellent and pressed by a good plant like the public library record was...that would be excellent. I bet there's plenty of stuff that was never released.