The The having a great tour at the moment, I'm

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Post Reply
Taxi
Corner Soul
Posts: 23
Joined: 17 Apr 2011, 7:51pm

The The having a great tour at the moment, I'm

Post by Taxi » 27 Jul 2018, 4:24pm

sure they're not losing money. Couldn't B.A.D have another go? Got a big enough following, I would have thought.

NoMoreHugh
Junco Partner
Posts: 372
Joined: 17 Dec 2012, 7:24pm
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: The The having a great tour at the moment, I'm

Post by NoMoreHugh » 28 Jul 2018, 5:26am

I think we hear lots of excuses of why it never happens but i think quiet simply its the amount of effort to do it outweighs the will. I heard a while back that the band are willing and are just waiting on Mick. I doubt Mick is interested and too busy doing his other work/interests

I dont think we would even see a reunion tour again.and its probably best as BAD was a very exciting band so maybe its a very gracious thing to hang up the baseball caps.

I really wish the whole catalogue of all the missing stuff we all want could get an official release. I also cant understand why Live albums are not released like other less popular bands have done. Especially when there is very little decent stuff about.
Must be the record companies are not interested as i am pretty sure Mick would be happy to get all that stuff out for us it is was his choice.

oliver
Junco Partner
Posts: 318
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 11:55am

Re: The The having a great tour at the moment, I'm

Post by oliver » 28 Jul 2018, 9:04am

NoMoreHugh wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 5:26am
I heard a while back that the band are willing and are just waiting on Mick.
When you say the band are willing, does that include Dan? Seems like there was a serious issue for him to leave half way through the tour (not that I'm looking to speculate on what happened) so maybe Mick doesn't have the will after all.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27934
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: The The having a great tour at the moment, I'm

Post by Heston » 28 Jul 2018, 9:17am

oliver wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 9:04am
NoMoreHugh wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 5:26am
I heard a while back that the band are willing and are just waiting on Mick.
When you say the band are willing, does that include Dan? Seems like there was a serious issue for him to leave half way through the tour (not that I'm looking to speculate on what happened) so maybe Mick doesn't have the will after all.
I would assume Davo, he improved the band anyway.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

NoMoreHugh
Junco Partner
Posts: 372
Joined: 17 Dec 2012, 7:24pm
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: The The having a great tour at the moment, I'm

Post by NoMoreHugh » 28 Jul 2018, 5:08pm

Heston wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 9:17am
oliver wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 9:04am
NoMoreHugh wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 5:26am
I heard a while back that the band are willing and are just waiting on Mick.
When you say the band are willing, does that include Dan? Seems like there was a serious issue for him to leave half way through the tour (not that I'm looking to speculate on what happened) so maybe Mick doesn't have the will after all.
I would assume Davo, he improved the band anyway.
It was said in this foum at the time and i think it came from Gregs facebook or dreadzone web page etc . It was definately after Dan left as it was after the main tour was finished if i remmeber afterwards there was a lot of specualtion of what will happen now with the new Album and tour. Also there was a break after BAD reunion due to Deadzone on tour so it was after that. Long time ago so i could have got some of the facts a little wrong but it was something close to what i have said,

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27934
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: The The having a great tour at the moment, I'm

Post by Heston » 28 Jul 2018, 6:03pm

NoMoreHugh wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 5:08pm
Heston wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 9:17am
oliver wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 9:04am
NoMoreHugh wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 5:26am
I heard a while back that the band are willing and are just waiting on Mick.
When you say the band are willing, does that include Dan? Seems like there was a serious issue for him to leave half way through the tour (not that I'm looking to speculate on what happened) so maybe Mick doesn't have the will after all.
I would assume Davo, he improved the band anyway.
It was said in this foum at the time and i think it came from Gregs facebook or dreadzone web page etc . It was definately after Dan left as it was after the main tour was finished if i remmeber afterwards there was a lot of specualtion of what will happen now with the new Album and tour. Also there was a break after BAD reunion due to Deadzone on tour so it was after that. Long time ago so i could have got some of the facts a little wrong but it was something close to what i have said,
I think things went pear-shaped when Gerry Harrington the tour manager passed away unexpectedly, rather than anything to do with Dan. From what I heard he was a major driving force.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

oliver
Junco Partner
Posts: 318
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 11:55am

Re: The The having a great tour at the moment, I'm

Post by oliver » 28 Jul 2018, 11:09pm

Heston wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 9:17am
I would assume Davo, he improved the band anyway.
No disrespect to Davo but I'm on the fence about that. Sonically you might be right but it's no longer original BAD.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27934
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: The The having a great tour at the moment, I'm

Post by Heston » 29 Jul 2018, 3:45am

oliver wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 11:09pm
Heston wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 9:17am
I would assume Davo, he improved the band anyway.
No disrespect to Davo but I'm on the fence about that. Sonically you might be right but it's no longer original BAD.
True but if the band is better, I'm all for it. Dan looked a bit of a spare part anyway at the gigs I saw.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

MarkyJacobs
Bang Ice Geezer
Posts: 185
Joined: 30 Jan 2016, 7:41am

Re: The The having a great tour at the moment, I'm

Post by MarkyJacobs » 29 Jul 2018, 5:49am

I would hope they leave it well alone.

NoMoreHugh
Junco Partner
Posts: 372
Joined: 17 Dec 2012, 7:24pm
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: The The having a great tour at the moment, I'm

Post by NoMoreHugh » 29 Jul 2018, 1:39pm

MarkyJacobs wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 5:49am
I would hope they leave it well alone.
I do kind of agree that age has caught them up a bit. I was doubtful of the last tour but many in here seemed to think it was brilliant so i guess its ok . I cant see how they would compare at all to how they were all those years ago but they seemed to be having lots of fun.

I cant see mick being interested now though . Even when you see how successful the last tour was he seemed all to quick to let it all just go and move on to something else .

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests