BAD Live Intro

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

BAD Live Intro

Post by dave202 »

I read this on The New Vinyl Villain site, but the page was posted in 2016 and the link is dead. I've looked for it, but can't find it. Can anyone post a copy?
"Greg Dread (Roberts) recently put the band’s intro music onto his Soundcloud page. Built of two minutes of samples, beats and synths, it’s the fanfare that announced B.A.D.’s arrival onstage"

River
Long Time Jerk

Re: BAD Live Intro

Post by River »

dave202 wrote:
30 May 2018, 2:01pm
I read this on The New Vinyl Villain site, but the page was posted in 2016 and the link is dead. I've looked for it, but can't find it. Can anyone post a copy?
"Greg Dread (Roberts) recently put the band’s intro music onto his Soundcloud page. Built of two minutes of samples, beats and synths, it’s the fanfare that announced B.A.D.’s arrival onstage"
Here it is. Really glad I grabbed it while he had it up. https://mega.nz/#!E14VhZ6T!_t-IJyr1zCur ... UPOUqhp7p8

The band would normally come on after the second time the sample "I hope you realize you're playing with dynamite" dropped, during the sirens from "C'mon Every Beatbox". This was just for the No. 10 Upping St. tour by the way, so it was used for the last half of 86, and most of 87. Also during the intro for 87, someone would come onstage and announce the band on stage. Never knew who is doing it, however. My first guess is Josh Cheuse. There's some examples of this in the Santa Monica show, and the residency at the Irving Plaza if someone wants to try and voice ID them.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

River wrote:
30 May 2018, 7:38pm
dave202 wrote:
30 May 2018, 2:01pm
Here it is. Really glad I grabbed it while he had it up. https://mega.nz/#!E14VhZ6T!_t-IJyr1zCur ... UPOUqhp7p8

The band would normally come on after the second time the sample "I hope you realize you're playing with dynamite" dropped, during the sirens from "C'mon Every Beatbox". This was just for the No. 10 Upping St. tour by the way, so it was used for the last half of 86, and most of 87. Also during the intro for 87, someone would come onstage and announce the band on stage. Never knew who is doing it, however. My first guess is Josh Cheuse. There's some examples of this in the Santa Monica show, and the residency at the Irving Plaza if someone wants to try and voice ID them.
Thanks River, and thanks for the detail too.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Flea on the mic, I think.