If there's a better live version of any BAD song than this...

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Re: If there's a better live version of any BAD song than this...

Post by MarkyJacobs »

I only ever saw the Meltdown one post-internet. It's really good.

Another one I hadn't seen until relatively recently is the Contact/ Baby Don't Apologise one on some late night show. The one with the silly 'acieeed' dancers?

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

I remember being quite disappointed at the time thinking of all the songs to do off the Phoenix album those were the two they chose to show case it.Especially as i left the Pub early that night to watch it and spent the evening convincing my other clash friends how great Live BAD are and a must watch. BAD always new how to short sell themselves. I do like those songs much better now though but still are the two i am most likely to skip.

I do wonder if there is enough Live songs and good enough quality that could be ripped off youtube and radio broadcasts to make a good BAD live album as it is the most important missing element of there historic catalogue. I think it shouldn't include any bootleg recordings but studio only. An official one is never going to happen especially when nothing happened with the very successful reunion.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

I used to like those songs. But they were very much of that time, and wouldn't have aged well had they done them on the comeback tour.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

I don't know if i'm in the subject but
An impressive good version of house arrest from la Cigale (France) Nov 1989 exist via the FM show
d'ont know if this particular version is avaible on youtube ?
but if it's not, that's a mistake we must fix to let the world know how this band was good live and far ahead of there time
i know that megatop era is not the taste of everyone here but still it's a killer version

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

MarkyJacobs wrote:
01 Apr 2017, 6:23am
I used to like those songs. But they were very much of that time, and wouldn't have aged well had they done them on the comeback tour.
Good songs but much better ones that they could have done off the album. For me though even at the time songs like Contact where trying to be like an acid house sound but failing badly.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

bazarboy75 wrote:
01 Apr 2017, 7:08am
An impressive good version of house arrest from la Cigale (France) Nov 1989 exist via the FM show
but if it's not, that's a mistake we must fix to let the world know how this band was good live and far ahead of there time
i know that megatop era is not the taste of everyone here but still it's a killer version
Yep i love House Arrest but every version i have heard from bootlegs havent done it any justice. I havent heard the FM show version that you talk of but if its where i think it comes from then i would love to hear that but something tells me this is a great April Fools Joke :mrgreen: Nice one BBoy you nearly had me !

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
01 Apr 2017, 9:35am
MarkyJacobs wrote:
Good songs but much better ones that they could have done off the album. For me though even at the time songs like Contact where trying to be like an acid house sound but failing badly.
The acid house influence runs all through Megatop Phoenix. I think it's a very under-rated album.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
01 Apr 2017, 9:38am
bazarboy75 wrote:
Yep i love House Arrest but every version i have heard from bootlegs havent done it any justice. I havent heard the FM show version that you talk of but if its where i think it comes from then i would love to hear that but something tells me this is a great April Fools Joke :mrgreen: Nice one BBoy you nearly had me !
Actually i think i now know the one you mean i haven't heard that in years i will dig it out and have another listen

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
01 Apr 2017, 9:38am
bazarboy75 wrote:
:mrgreen: With the jetlag we're the 31st March here in France
So this Fm version is still true

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

MarkyJacobs wrote:
01 Apr 2017, 10:07am
NoMoreHugh wrote:
01 Apr 2017, 9:35am
MarkyJacobs wrote:
The acid house influence runs all through Megatop Phoenix. I think it's a very under-rated album.
Oh yeah granted - but the other songs i think were more clever about it and overall even when you take all that off the songs they were better songs too.I love that album too and even at times when i am critical of the band it doesn't stop me from having the highest regard for there music i think everything about BAD is under-rated but then again i am great nostalgic.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

In his book, Don says they wanted to make a more accessible/ commercial sounding album after Tighten Up. But I don't necessarily hear that. To me it is 'out there' and adventurous.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

MarkyJacobs wrote:
01 Apr 2017, 10:27am
In his book, Don says they wanted to make a more accessible/ commercial sounding album after Tighten Up. But I don't necessarily hear that. To me it is 'out there' and adventurous.
Thats an interesting quote because in interview Don has also said he doesn't like House music at all and that the only reason he liked Megatop was because it was pushing it to the next thing which is why he found the project ok to do which kind of conflicts slightly. He also on many occasions says he hates House Arrest. i agree very "out there and adventurous" but then again isn't all BAD albums like that in there own way taking in to account what other music was fashionable then? I actually think there music is more palatable now.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

MarkyJacobs wrote:
01 Apr 2017, 10:27am
I'd say Tighten Up was their most commercial/pop sounding album. There is no way Megatop is an accessible album.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
01 Apr 2017, 10:11am

Actually i think i now know the one you mean i haven't heard that in years i will dig it out and have another listen
Ok that's the one

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

That is the one i was thinking of thanks BBoy . Its probably the best version around but its a bootleg and not studio unfortunately