Mick Jones - Stayin' In Tune book (Mick O'Shea) FREE COPY

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Ivanhoe's
Corner Soul

Mick Jones - Stayin' In Tune book (Mick O'Shea) FREE COPY

Post by Ivanhoe's »

I've finished my copy of this and no longer need it. First person to PM me can have it for free, I'll post it out to you (apologies, UK only).

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Mick Jones - Stayin' In Tune book (Mick O'Shea) FREE COPY

Post by dave202 »

Ivanhoe's wrote:I've finished my copy of this and no longer need it. First person to PM me can have it for free, I'll post it out to you (apologies, UK only).

Ivanhoe's
Corner Soul

Post by Ivanhoe's »

dave202 wrote:
Ivanhoe's wrote:I've finished my copy of this and no longer need it. First person to PM me can have it for free, I'll post it out to you (apologies, UK only).
It's yours if you want it dave202, just PM me your address. Cheers

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

An ebook version, if people want it, tho I assume it's quick and sloppy (ladies …): http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php ... &t=2235239
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

How is it?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
15 Sep 2017, 8:28pm
How is it?
Can't imagine I'll ever read it. It smells of one of those lazy bios that are churned out because there is a fan market available for them.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Sep 2017, 8:42pm
Kory wrote:
How is it?
Can't imagine I'll ever read it. It smells of one of those lazy bios that are churned out because there is a fan market available for them.
In that case, I wonder how much money the authors actually make off the thing. Is it really worth it to even spend the time writing?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
16 Sep 2017, 3:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
How is it?
In that case, I wonder how much money the authors actually make off the thing. Is it really worth it to even spend the time writing?
Yeah, I've wondered about those kinds of rock bios, which almost certainly sell more copies in the dollar bin. Maybe it's akin to scholarly work that may not sell well but is important for professional, in this case to segue into more magazine gigs that do pay.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 4:17pm
Kory wrote:
16 Sep 2017, 3:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
How is it?
Yeah, I've wondered about those kinds of rock bios, which almost certainly sell more copies in the dollar bin. Maybe it's akin to scholarly work that may not sell well but is important for professional, in this case to segue into more magazine gigs that do pay.
Biography as portfolio? Not a terrible endeavor, but surely a waste of that much paper.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

I'm sure he makes a living out of it anyway. His portfolio includes books about One Direction, Harry Styles and Katy Perry which sound like obvious commission jobs for which he'd get a moderately attractive advance. The Mick book, on the other hand, seems like a passion project with little financial incentive which makes the sheer lack of quality all the more disappointing. He's had 40 years to write a book about Mick/The Clash and still it feels like it was put together over the course of a weekend. Still, it's good that there is a Mick book out there at all. At least he is filling that gap in the market so I applaud him for that at least.

ShawnMeth

Post by ShawnMeth »

maybe that "eff-you" should be "finger-flippin' and syrup-sippin'," as Jones raps in "Still Tippin'", the quietly blazin', violin-samplin' hit featuring Slim Thug and Paul Wall. Jones' verse on "Still Tippin'" is emblematic of Houston with its DJ Screw legacy and take-no-prisoners corporate creed, and the video is the best art film I've seen all year-- the sky is all purple, there are people rollin' everywhere!-- but the track sticks most to Slim Thugga's syrupy man-drawl, which sounds chopped and screwed without the assistance of a DJ. Jones doesn't mesmerize like S. Thugga, though his stumbled braying sounds oddly terrific over the oom-pah rhythms and screwed chorus on "Know What I'm Sayin'"; the "Nutcracker Suite"-alluding "Got it Sewed Up" (In Tv Petrol, Rapid Ric's Fistful of Dollars mixtape has the actual "Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy" sample); and the dubby yodelayheehoodling on "Cuttin'".

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

ShawnMeth wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 9:06am
maybe that "eff-you" should be "finger-flippin' and syrup-sippin'," as Jones raps in "Still Tippin'", the quietly blazin', violin-samplin' hit featuring Slim Thug and Paul Wall. Jones' verse on "Still Tippin'" is emblematic of Houston with its DJ Screw legacy and take-no-prisoners corporate creed, and the video is the best art film I've seen all year-- the sky is all purple, there are people rollin' everywhere!-- but the track sticks most to Slim Thugga's syrupy man-drawl, which sounds chopped and screwed without the assistance of a DJ. Jones doesn't mesmerize like S. Thugga, though his stumbled braying sounds oddly terrific over the oom-pah rhythms and screwed chorus on "Know What I'm Sayin'"; the "Nutcracker Suite"-alluding "Got it Sewed Up" (In l, Rapid Ric's Fistful of Dollars mixtape has the actual "Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy" sample); and the dubby yodelayheehoodling on "Cuttin'".
This spam for a Filipino TV show appears to be lifted from a 2005 Pitchfork article titled 'Who is Mike Jones?'

At least they're trying?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Inder wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 11:59am
ShawnMeth wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 9:06am
maybe that "eff-you" should be "finger-flippin' and syrup-sippin'," as Jones raps in "Still Tippin'", the quietly blazin', violin-samplin' hit featuring Slim Thug and Paul Wall. Jones' verse on "Still Tippin'" is emblematic of Houston with its DJ Screw legacy and take-no-prisoners corporate creed, and the video is the best art film I've seen all year-- the sky is all purple, there are people rollin' everywhere!-- but the track sticks most to Slim Thugga's syrupy man-drawl, which sounds chopped and screwed without the assistance of a DJ. Jones doesn't mesmerize like S. Thugga, though his stumbled braying sounds oddly terrific over the oom-pah rhythms and screwed chorus on "Know What I'm Sayin'"; the "Nutcracker Suite"-alluding "Got it Sewed Up" (In l, Rapid Ric's Fistful of Dollars mixtape has the actual "Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy" sample); and the dubby yodelayheehoodling on "Cuttin'".
This spam for a Filipino TV show appears to be lifted from a 2005 Pitchfork article titled 'Who is Mike Jones?'

At least they're trying?
I thought it was some lyrics from CtC.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board