Good looking killer

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Good looking killer

Post by NoMoreHugh »

used to have a demo of "Nite-club Etiquette" but cant find it anywhere. I know it never made the later studio releases but am i going mad i cant find the demo version at all. Can someone at least confirm so that i don't feel i am going mad and senile. :disshame: Its driving me insane as i wanted to listen to it again
Another song lost to hard-drive heaven i guess :mad:

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Good looking killer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

The studio demo of Nightclub Etiquette was only on the second "release" of The Homecoming. The first release had a live version from Colchester. I don't know anyone who has a copy of the second version with the studio demo and have never heard it myself.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:The studio demo of Nightclub Etiquette was only on the second "release" of The Homecoming. The first release had a live version from Colchester. I don't know anyone who has a copy of the second version with the studio demo and have never heard it myself.
Thanks TeddyB well i never had the privileged to rip it from Tonys hard drive so i think my memory must have been filling in gaps that were never there.

Do you know what i think it is ? i did an audio rip from a TV studio live performance at Transmusical de Rennes with the first band version (Danny and William). It was a slower version than other live performances but a great studio sound recording as was also the video. I think that's the recording that i have lost. At least i think i know the source now so i should be able to get it back sooner or later.

Thanks for saving my sanity TeddyB :)

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Yeah, I remember that performance. I've got it somewhere too. There was an attempt to cut an album with Danny and William but it didn't work out.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:Yeah, I remember that performance. I've got it somewhere too. There was an attempt to cut an album with Danny and William but it didn't work out.
Looking for this file i have found something interesting to me . I have found a file that's just called "BAD FM 1986" it has three live tracks which are in amazing quality probably the best i have heard. Track listing is labelled as 8 BAD , 9 Medecine Show ,10 A Party the Medicine show track was spelt incorrectly.

Whats really interesting is the tracks are marked up as track numbers 8,9,10 and i want to know where the other tracks are. Unfortunately i dont know the venue or any other information about it either ? Anyone have any info on this, that may of downloaded a file the was named the same way that could enlighten of its origin. I dont even remember acquiring it but would really like the rest of the tracks.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

I think they are from a Town & Country show, not sure any other tracks have surfaced.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

laxman wrote:I think they are from a Town & Country show, not sure any other tracks have surfaced.
Thanks Laxman

Is this the 6th May 1986 as i think that's a good shout and certainly Medicine show on you tube validates that recording. This is really strange to be this incomplete. I think the Audio is a different source though maybe a radio broadcast of the same televised gig rather than a rip from the Whistle Test performance. This is such a shame for there not to be the rest of the tracks as i think these 3 tracks are the very best recording i have heard of the Band live. If there were more tracks it would make a perfect live album that would document there live sound perfectly and it gets my seal of approval. I wonder which station has the original recording and if they still exist.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
laxman wrote:I think they are from a Town & Country show, not sure any other tracks have surfaced.
Thanks Laxman

Is this the 6th May 1986 as i think that's a good shout and certainly Medicine show on you tube validates that recording. This is really strange to be this incomplete. I think the Audio is a different source though maybe a radio broadcast of the same televised gig rather than a rip from the Whistle Test performance. This is such a shame for there not to be the rest of the tracks as i think these 3 tracks are the very best recording i have heard of the Band live. If there were more tracks it would make a perfect live album that would document there live sound perfectly and it gets my seal of approval. I wonder which station has the original recording and if they still exist.

I think it is that date. I taped it off the radio way back when and it was only those three tracks. So I think that means there is only E=MC2 circulating too, from the Whistle Test.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

laxman wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:
Thanks Laxman

I think it is that date. I taped it off the radio way back when and it was only those three tracks. So I think that means there is only E=MC2 circulating too, from the Whistle Test.
Good job you caught them at the time as they are brilliant recordings so i am forever grateful for that. Disappointing though that only 3 tracks were ever aired these 3 are the pinnacle of all BAD live recordings for me.

Consiglero
Corner Soul

Post by Consiglero »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:The studio demo of Nightclub Etiquette was only on the second "release" of The Homecoming. The first release had a live version from Colchester. I don't know anyone who has a copy of the second version with the studio demo and have never heard it myself.

Stourbridge

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Ha! Of course it was Stourbridge. Thanks Consiglero, old pal. I thought I could rely on my memory. Of course, you were there and I only got the recording.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

NoMoreHugh wrote:Looking for this file i have found something interesting to me . I have found a file that's just called "BAD FM 1986" it has three live tracks which are in amazing quality probably the best i have heard. Track listing is labelled as 8 BAD , 9 Medecine Show ,10 A Party the Medicine show track was spelt incorrectly.

Whats really interesting is the tracks are marked up as track numbers 8,9,10 and i want to know where the other tracks are. Unfortunately i dont know the venue or any other information about it either ? Anyone have any info on this, that may of downloaded a file the was named the same way that could enlighten of its origin. I dont even remember acquiring it but would really like the rest of the tracks.
I'm intrigued. Can you upload the tracks please?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Heston wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:Looking for this file i have found something interesting to me . I have found a file that's just called "BAD FM 1986" it has three live tracks which are in amazing quality probably the best i have heard. Track listing is labelled as 8 BAD , 9 Medecine Show ,10 A Party the Medicine show track was spelt incorrectly.

I'm intrigued. Can you upload the tracks please?
I'm sure you already will have it Heston i would have attained this recording probably over a decade ago. For me this is the best i have heard as it captures the complexity of the songs and the sheer enjoyment of there sound perfectly . IMHO i think the sound is better than Bradford although Bradford has its own plus points. Incidentally i have combined both those recordings as a mini live album for myself.
Last edited by NoMoreHugh on 12 Nov 2016, 8:01am, edited 1 time in total.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

These sound great. I can't place them. They aren't the Meltdown/ITV gig. Anyone?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:These sound great. I can't place them. They aren't the Meltdown/ITV gig. Anyone?
I'm assuming a BBC Radio One link up with the gig that was being partially broadcast live on the Whistle Test from the T and C Club in Kentish Town.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board