Newly unearthed pics of Mick with General Public

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 28003
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Newly unearthed pics of Mick with General Public

Post by Heston » 15 Sep 2016, 1:06pm

Flex wrote:I know this has been discussed a zillion times already, but are there any circulating recordings of Mick with General Public?
Live recordings you mean? Cos there's obviously the album tracks he played on.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26146
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Newly unearthed pics of Mick with General Public

Post by Flex » 15 Sep 2016, 3:09pm

Heston wrote:Live recordings you mean? Cos there's obviously the album tracks he played on.
Yeah, sorry, I meant live (or bootleg demos or whatever else).
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 38244
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Newly unearthed pics of Mick with General Public

Post by Marky Dread » 28 Sep 2016, 8:09pm

Flex wrote:
Heston wrote:Live recordings you mean? Cos there's obviously the album tracks he played on.
Yeah, sorry, I meant live (or bootleg demos or whatever else).
You mean apart from all those I posted ages back?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9851&p=406381&hilit ... ic#p406381
Image

pachyderm
User avatar
Dirty Punk
Posts: 58
Joined: 16 Jul 2017, 7:41am
Location: location, location...

Re: Newly unearthed pics of Mick with General Public

Post by pachyderm » 21 Jul 2017, 8:19pm

lol.

they were horrible.

Dave Wakeling and Ranking Roger's attempt at making more money by firing band members.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8940
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Newly unearthed pics of Mick with General Public

Post by Kory » 24 Jul 2017, 12:55pm

pachyderm wrote:
21 Jul 2017, 8:19pm
lol.

they were horrible.

Dave Wakeling and Ranking Roger's attempt at making more money by firing band members.
I see a fairly comfortable progression between SBS and the first GP album, much more so than anything FYC did. The second GP album, on the other hand...
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 38244
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Newly unearthed pics of Mick with General Public

Post by Marky Dread » 24 Jul 2017, 4:21pm

Kory wrote:
24 Jul 2017, 12:55pm
pachyderm wrote:
21 Jul 2017, 8:19pm
lol.

they were horrible.

Dave Wakeling and Ranking Roger's attempt at making more money by firing band members.
I see a fairly comfortable progression between SBS and the first GP album, much more so than anything FYC did. The second GP album, on the other hand...
Same here.
Image

pachyderm
User avatar
Dirty Punk
Posts: 58
Joined: 16 Jul 2017, 7:41am
Location: location, location...

Re: Newly unearthed pics of Mick with General Public

Post by pachyderm » 24 Jul 2017, 6:59pm

you guys have more patience than i do...

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8940
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Newly unearthed pics of Mick with General Public

Post by Kory » 24 Jul 2017, 7:17pm

pachyderm wrote:
24 Jul 2017, 6:59pm
you guys have more patience than i do...
Did you like the final Beat album? A lot of people wrote it off for being too poppy, but it's quite good and to go from that to GP makes sense to me.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

bazarboy75
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1449
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:31pm

Re: Newly unearthed pics of Mick with General Public

Post by bazarboy75 » 25 Jul 2017, 3:30am

The track punk from rub it better with mick jones on guitar is my favorite track from the band
To me their sound is to 80s and nice to really interest me...
Some new INDIEGROUND tracks

https://soundcloud.com/indieground

Some old tracks
http://soundcloud.com/bazarboy

pachyderm
User avatar
Dirty Punk
Posts: 58
Joined: 16 Jul 2017, 7:41am
Location: location, location...

Re: Newly unearthed pics of Mick with General Public

Post by pachyderm » 25 Jul 2017, 3:05pm

Kory wrote:
24 Jul 2017, 7:17pm
pachyderm wrote:
24 Jul 2017, 6:59pm
you guys have more patience than i do...
Did you like the final Beat album? A lot of people wrote it off for being too poppy, but it's quite good and to go from that to GP makes sense to me.
i really only like a few beat tunes in general.


i thought it was funny when i saw dave wakeling on "VH1 behind the music" and he said they formed GP because he and ranking roger wanted to make more money by having fewer band members.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 38244
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Newly unearthed pics of Mick with General Public

Post by Marky Dread » 07 May 2018, 7:24am

Here's a colour pic.
Attachments
GP1.jpg
GP1.jpg (115.08 KiB) Viewed 1727 times
Image

MarkyJacobs
Bang Ice Geezer
Posts: 188
Joined: 30 Jan 2016, 7:41am

Re: Newly unearthed pics of Mick with General Public

Post by MarkyJacobs » 11 May 2018, 2:05pm

Mick flirting with Nike too!

oliver
Junco Partner
Posts: 321
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 11:55am

Re: Newly unearthed pics of Mick with General Public

Post by oliver » 12 May 2018, 8:34am

MarkyJacobs wrote:
11 May 2018, 2:05pm
Mick flirting with Nike too!
He's gone full-on Jerry Seinfeld
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

MarkyJacobs
Bang Ice Geezer
Posts: 188
Joined: 30 Jan 2016, 7:41am

Re: Newly unearthed pics of Mick with General Public

Post by MarkyJacobs » 12 May 2018, 12:03pm

You can see how an early incarnation of BAD might have incorporated a saxophone.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16508
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Newly unearthed pics of Mick with General Public

Post by 101Walterton » 12 May 2018, 5:18pm

pachyderm wrote:
25 Jul 2017, 3:05pm
Kory wrote:
24 Jul 2017, 7:17pm
pachyderm wrote:
24 Jul 2017, 6:59pm
you guys have more patience than i do...
Did you like the final Beat album? A lot of people wrote it off for being too poppy, but it's quite good and to go from that to GP makes sense to me.
i really only like a few beat tunes in general.


i thought it was funny when i saw dave wakeling on "VH1 behind the music" and he said they formed GP because he and ranking roger wanted to make more money by having fewer band members.
You’ve obviously only heard a few Beat tunes then 😉
There is nothing not to love from their first two albums every track is a gem.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest