hows everybody doing?

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
manchester rocks
Dirty Punk

hows everybody doing?

Post by manchester rocks »

Hi Guys hows life treating you all?....been on tour with the stone roses,im just recovering now,,takes a long time at my age to get over any alcohol or whatever..dont like the route mick is taking with ponsey concerts wlf is that all about..oh well must be paying well..i did think we would see more bad,but alas i think its now dead and buried,,atleast we have the memories...it was a friend of mines funeral the other week,he was sadly murdered but we had a wake outside his house,we played the first album and to see 200 plus people dancing on the green was what bad is or was all about.even the police in the riot vans watching were even having a bit of a dance,that was once the knew we wasnt there for trouble just to have a wake..its going to make another great memory thatnks to bad....be lucky guys....

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: hows everybody doing?

Post by Heston »

Sorry to hear about your mate.

Yeah that first BAD album was popular on the council estates around here, good time grooves with great lyrics can never fail. Yeah, I think that's it for BAD, like you say, at least we have the memories.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

manchester rocks
Dirty Punk

Post by manchester rocks »

Hi Heston good hearing from you..hope you are well..
right guys now bad is done and over...lets all put one band forward who are still going young or old o follow..im going the wedding present absolutly brilliant live...dreadzone but sad to say im not into them,,,sorry guys but its not for everyone

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about your friend. Sounds like the memorial was a worthy tribute.

Mick's a curious guy. I'm interested to see what he gets into in the next few years.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

As others have said, welcome back to the boards and condolences on your friend. Will be interesting to see if Mick's looking at another phase of music making or some of this is just a bit of a one-off.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

manchester rocks wrote:Hi Heston good hearing from you..hope you are well..
right guys now bad is done and over...lets all put one band forward who are still going young or old o follow..im going the wedding present absolutly brilliant live...dreadzone but sad to say im not into them,,,sorry guys but its not for everyone
My favourite current bands are Giuda and The King Blues. If you're curious check out "Number Ten" by the former, and "Headbutt" by the latter.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board