Paradiso/Alexandra Palace show set lists...

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: Paradiso/Alexandra Palace show set lists...

Post by NoMoreHugh »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
oliver wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Cheers Teddy I've grabbed the first 6 now have to wait a further 11 hours before I can grab the rest. Sendspace!!! Will try again in an hour or so. ;)
With Sendspace it takes a minute or so for them to detect you're downloading so you can get 4 or 5 going at the same time before it will say 'you can only download one at a time'

I uploaded tracks 6 --> 11 (one file) at https://mega.nz/#!A101HB5B!0pw53nhNVwz6 ... ou4Sdgv7w0
:cool:

This sounds fantastic, I'm just re-editing and making artwork.
I'll try and put up Amsterdam tomorrow, maybe I can find an easier way.
That would be very welcomed Is Amsterdam the quality of Ally ? Whats the full track listing ?

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
MarkyJacobs wrote:BAD covered 1999 live from the early days. I think they stopped playing it once the second album came out, but it was revisited as an encore for the 'last' show at Subterania.

I'm not sure how long BAD II perservered with it, as I lost interest a little.
I'm pretty sure they continued playing 1999 in london a lot longer than just up to the 2nd album

So was the sample added to the song or has that sample always been there but only stood out in this recording because Dons vocals are missing. For me without Dons vocals or a decent replacement it wasn't worth playing as it loses too much from the original.
Teddy will know the periods in which they played 1999. Does the second paragraph relate to All Saints Rd?

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
oliver wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Cheers Teddy I've grabbed the first 6 now have to wait a further 11 hours before I can grab the rest. Sendspace!!! Will try again in an hour or so. ;)
With Sendspace it takes a minute or so for them to detect you're downloading so you can get 4 or 5 going at the same time before it will say 'you can only download one at a time'

I uploaded tracks 6 --> 11 (one file) at https://mega.nz/#!A101HB5B!0pw53nhNVwz6 ... ou4Sdgv7w0
:cool:

This sounds fantastic, I'm just re-editing and making artwork.
I'll try and put up Amsterdam tomorrow, maybe I can find an easier way.
That would be very welcomed Is Amsterdam the quality of Ally ? Whats the full track listing ?
Sorry i missed your earlier post, but need a key to download ? Is this a very exclusive club for access just asking :) but if so, im forever grateful for just Alexander recording to be honest so thanks again

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

MarkyJacobs wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:
MarkyJacobs wrote:BAD covered 1999 live from the early days. I think they stopped playing it once the second album came out, but it was revisited as an encore for the 'last' show at Subterania.

I'm not sure how long BAD II perservered with it, as I lost interest a little.
I'm pretty sure they continued playing 1999 in london a lot longer than just up to the 2nd album

So was the sample added to the song or has that sample always been there but only stood out in this recording because Dons vocals are missing. For me without Dons vocals or a decent replacement it wasn't worth playing as it loses too much from the original.
Teddy will know the periods in which they played 1999. Does the second paragraph relate to All Saints Rd?
Yeah i was wondering if the sample was added or was always there in the first place for all saints ? I would find it quite amusing if it was added as i think its terrible choice as a replacement

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

It was a new sample. The record I mentioned was new at the time, and in its entirety is actually rather good. But, I agree All Saints is daft without Don.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:This is a link to a zip file of the Amsterdam 3/25/90 show. I'll leave it up for a few days. Unlike Alexandra Palace, which was recorded to two track on the Fleetwood Mobile, this is from a soundboard cassette. There's a cut at the end of Hollywood Boulevard due to tape flip on the original and Other 99 cuts in for the same reason.

https://mega.nz/#!M1JyALiQ

BIG BIG UP Teddyb!
This is truly amazing...Loving every minute of Ally Pally 10-08-90 but is there a Decryption Key for Amsterdam 3/25/90 show? Mega is asking for one.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Until last nightI had never heard the 'powdered cocaine' line in Can't Wait. I'm not sure what I must have heard it as!
Last edited by MarkyJacobs on 25 Jul 2016, 5:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Arrrrgh!

Try this for Amsterdam decryption key:

!q3Bmr-1EqEfa2gZ2cL_hlwM91oZltg8svUnciEvXg6E

Clarification:
Amsterdam Paradiso March 25, 1990
Ally Pally August 10, 1990
UK vs US date styles!

Set lists earlier in the thread.

1999 was played on and off as a final encore through both iterations of the group. They managed a more coherent version of All Saints Road without Don in '91, still of course not as effective as when Don was there. Ranking Roger did Don's bits on C'mon Every Beatbox in '95 but I don't remember them doing All Saints Road. Of course they did both in '11 with Don.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Though I have painted myself as something of a BAD II sceptic, I mght have been appeased by earlier involvement of Ranking Roger. The Beat were great!

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Actually, I think Ranking Roger may still do 'The Beat'. They are probably a good example of one of those bands I didn't want BAD becoming like.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Only heard Ally Pally so far but this is sounding much meatier than the album proper.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

I love both incarnations, only saw B.A.D. once during Megatop tour and the reunion twice and it was fantastic, I saw B.A.D. II every time they came to NYC and loved it. Mick and what ever band he was with, including CSI, is a great performer.

Thank you Teddy for these gems!

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

OK I usually leave this to the pros but I really dig this recording so I tweaked it a bit, a little editing, a little eq...see how you like it, sorry for the MP3

https://www.filefactory.com/file/68e3hb ... m_1990.rar

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Has anyone downloaded Amsterdam? Is the encryption key working?

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:Has anyone downloaded Amsterdam? Is the encryption key working?
Grabbed it — key working, sounds great! :cool: