Paradiso/Alexandra Palace show set lists...

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Paradiso/Alexandra Palace show set lists...

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
MarkyJacobs wrote:How do I delete double post?
You can't unless you write to Inder.
You can't unless you write to Inder.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

River wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:Super fabulous artwork as always, Marky. I don't want to be a backseat driver, but Dan plays keyboards at this gig too. ;)
Cheers.
If you have a picture of the 5 man line up I would re-do the artwork. Finding decent images of BAD II is like finding the holy grail. I was aware of Dan playing keys at this gig and his musical director status and he's mentioned on the rear sleeve.I was tempted to put a pic of Dan on the rear sleeve but all I could find were terrible pics of Dan with Patsy and nothing from the period. So maybe Dan deserved more but alas.

A slight amendment.
http://www.gettyimages.com/pictures/mic ... -501197715 heres a good one of Mick. Actually, theres some good BAD and BAD II pics here

http://www.gettyimages.com/photos/big-a ... ar#license
Thanks River, I have most of those (not all) some nice pics shame about the water marks but can work round them with overlay.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Marky Dread wrote:
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:Super fabulous artwork as always, Marky. I don't want to be a backseat driver, but Dan plays keyboards at this gig too. ;)
Cheers.
If you have a picture of the 5 man line up I would re-do the artwork. Finding decent images of BAD II is like finding the holy grail. I was aware of Dan playing keys at this gig and his musical director status and he's mentioned on the rear sleeve.I was tempted to put a pic of Dan on the rear sleeve but all I could find were terrible pics of Dan with Patsy and nothing from the period. So maybe Dan deserved more but alas.

A slight amendment.
That works!

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

BAD II were presumably awaiting a delivery from Stussy when the cover photo for Kool Aid was shot?

Does Teddy B know when the video for Rush was shot in Ibiza? Someone told me it was at the opening parties in 1990, but it would surprise me if it were before the Ally Pally gig.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Paradiso/Alexandra Palace show set lists...shaun,

MarkyJacobs wrote:BAD II were presumably awaiting a delivery from Stussy when the cover photo for Kool Aid was shot?

Does Teddy B know when the video for Rush was shot in Ibiza? Someone told me it was at the opening parties in 1990, but it would surprise me if it were before the Ally Pally gig.
Mick and Gary and Paul Oakenfold and I had a rummage 'round the Stussy Warehouse in Irvine the Summer of '90, ducking and dodging all the skateboard kids who were working the floor. Shawn was giving us upwards of eighty percent off anything. Outfitted the group for years. Mick bought me that same zip up leather jacket he would wear on the '91 tour. Very nice of him.

I don't remember when they shot in Ibiza. They did have the Change of Atmosphere track ready by Summer as when they visited L.A., Mick gave me an pre-release official Sony cassette of Kool Aid. Doesn't mean they had yet done the video one way or the other. They didn't have a copy with them. The Video for the Globe was done in Hollywood toward the latter part of '91.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

But the first group wore it in 1989? I had assumed it was all free stuff.

The Stussy thing was the clue for me in the video. Must have been after Ally Pally, I thought.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Maybe Rush didn't get a full release until 1991?

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

MarkyJacobs wrote:But the first group wore it in 1989? I had assumed it was all free stuff.

The Stussy thing was the clue for me in the video. Must have been after Ally Pally, I thought.
They did start wearing Stussy in '89. They bought some to start with, like anyone else, then met Shawn and got to order stuff at minimal cost. Rush was not released as a single until '91. Kool Aid was released in '90 in the UK as a very limited edition (for real -- it sold out fast and didn't chart all that high so they must not have made all that many).

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
MarkyJacobs wrote:But the first group wore it in 1989? I had assumed it was all free stuff.

They did start wearing Stussy in '89. They bought some to start with, like anyone else, then met Shawn and got to order stuff at minimal cost. Rush was not released as a single until '91. Kool Aid was released in '90 in the UK as a very limited edition (for real -- it sold out fast and didn't chart all that high so they must not have made all that many).
Oooh I've got a collectors item. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Kool Aid can be purchased for few pounds on Discogs. I think I gave my copy away.

I guess there's no real need for me to know exactly when the video was shot.

I can remember trying on a Stussy hat on Portobello Road, and thinking I probably wouldn't make a very good nember of BAD.
Last edited by MarkyJacobs on 01 Aug 2016, 4:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

MarkyJacobs wrote:Kool Aid can be purchased for few pounds on Discogs. I think I gave my copy away.
I was of course being sarcastic. I love the album none the less.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

ALF
Dirty Punk

Post by ALF »

I suppose the video was shot when mj played with aztec camera in Ibiza at the ku disco, wich also appears at the CoA video. Summer of 1990.