Paradiso/Alexandra Palace show set lists...

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
River
Long Time Jerk

Re: Paradiso/Alexandra Palace show set lists...

Post by River »

Marky Dread wrote:
River wrote:Huh. Can't Wait from the Alexandria is part of what you hear on the Globe. The crowd noise, and Micks "thank you" match up with whats on the album.
That's no secret, it states this info on the album.
Oh, I didn't know this actually.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

River wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
River wrote:Huh. Can't Wait from the Alexandria is part of what you hear on the Globe. The crowd noise, and Micks "thank you" match up with whats on the album.
2."Can't Wait/Live"

...and it wasn't on the official Ally Pally boot.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I'm looking forward to hearing this when I get the chance to sit down and give it a proper listen, cheers lads
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Can't Wait is a good song. Turning down chance to play with Prince must have been a tough call, and one Mick must have reflected on recently.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

MarkyJacobs wrote:Can't Wait is a good song. Turning down chance to play with Prince must have been a tough call, and one Mick must have reflected on recently.
Funny enough i don't remember Mick saying that at the time about Cant Wait and its reference to Prince . I do remember mentioning to friends that i thought this song was a recognition towards Prince due to the line "im stuck in Purple Rain" in which everyone burst out laughing and thought i was making a stupid comment :angry: But it seemed pretty obvious to me at the time especially with the cover as well as the musical similarities.

Mick would be definitely reflecting and would have been a missed personal achievement for him. I personally think also it could have been a game changer for the band if it was coupled with a good single and album especially if they went on a full world tour with him. But this would be another example of Bad luck, Bad decisions and Bad opportunities for the band.

I mean i totally get the bootleg part of the original release but why would any band take a great live recording and release it as a poor quality recording - it just is insane !!!! but thats BAD for you :approve:

Loving the new recording though and been having a great time re - listening to all the BAD albums and reminiscing about great times.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
MarkyJacobs wrote:Can't Wait is a good song. Turning down chance to play with Prince must have been a tough call, and one Mick must have reflected on recently.
Funny enough i don't remember Mick saying that at the time about Cant Wait and its reference to Prince . I do remember mentioning to friends that i thought this song was a recognition towards Prince due to the line "im stuck in Purple Rain" in which everyone burst out laughing and thought i was making a stupid comment :angry: But it seemed pretty obvious to me at the time especially with the cover as well as the musical similarities.

Mick would be definitely reflecting and would have been a missed personal achievement for him. I personally think also it could have been a game changer for the band if it was coupled with a good single and album especially if they went on a full world tour with him. But this would be another example of Bad luck, Bad decisions and Bad opportunities for the band.

I mean i totally get the bootleg part of the original release but why would any band take a great live recording and release it as a poor quality recording - it just is insane !!!! but thats BAD for you :approve:

Loving the new recording though and been having a great time re - listening to all the BAD albums and reminiscing about great times.
I meant to add as well that i think this new recording should have been the later CD release. The the vinyl LP would be the valuable recording keeping its rarity which is what Mick originally wanted with its limited supply and with it being the poorer quality is exactly the Irony that Mick would have enjoyed.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

I thought the story was that Mick turned down chance to tour as part of Prince's band, because he wanted to get on with doing BAD II.

What do you mean about the cover?

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

River wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kool Aid has the studio version but in my opinion not as good as the Live version but still makes a good listen.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

MarkyJacobs wrote:I thought the story was that Mick turned down chance to tour as part of Prince's band, because he wanted to get on with doing BAD II.

What do you mean about the cover?
Oh i didn't know it was to be part of the band on tour . That doesn't sit with me as well i wouldn't of wanted to see another interruption for BAD II
The cover i probably confused a little with my wording but not a cover as in graphics but the musical cover 1999

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

BAD covered 1999 live from the early days. I think they stopped playing it once the second album came out, but it was revisited as an encore for the 'last' show at Subterania.

I'm not sure how long BAD II persevered with it, as I lost interest a little.
Last edited by MarkyJacobs on 24 Jul 2016, 5:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ed Roach
Corner Soul

Post by Ed Roach »

Thanks for uploading the show Teddy!
I tried to download it but had trouble as I use Windows Media Player for songs on my computer...
Is there an easier way to get these songs that's compatible to what I have?

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

* Persevered.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:I'm looking forward to hearing this when I get the chance to sit down and give it a proper listen, cheers lads
It's excellent.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

This is a link to a zip file of the Amsterdam 3/25/90 show. I'll leave it up for a few days. Unlike Alexandra Palace, which was recorded to two track on the Fleetwood Mobile, this is from a soundboard cassette. There's a cut at the end of Hollywood Boulevard due to tape flip on the original and Other 99 cuts in for the same reason.

https://mega.nz/#!M1JyALiQ

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

MarkyJacobs wrote:BAD covered 1999 live from the early days. I think they stopped playing it once the second album came out, but it was revisited as an encore for the 'last' show at Subterania.

I'm not sure how long BAD II perservered with it, as I lost interest a little.
I'm pretty sure they continued playing 1999 in london a lot longer than just up to the 2nd album it was never a stayer like Medicine show but probably featured here and there right up to tighten or mega phoenix but then there were too many good songs to choose from by then so lots got dropped.

So was the sample added to the song or has that sample always been there but only stood out in this recording because Dons vocals are missing. For me without Dons vocals or a decent replacement it wasn't worth playing as it loses too much from the original.