The Globe - 25 years later...

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: The Globe - 25 years later...

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Ally Pally: The edits and bits of studio work are a bit rough. Remember, the band intended for it to be a bootleg, but were caught leaking it by Sony, and ended up releasing it as a promo. I think the idea was really just to announce the new two guitar lineup, though Dan is still on the Amsterdam tracks.

The Globe went gold in America (I've got one to prove it) and was a bit hit in Australia. That it didn't manage to take off more probably had to do with timing. As 1992 came into focus, so did grunge. And Ralph, I'm totally with you on When the Time Comes. My live request for it got as far as sound check at the Ritz, but I think they did play it once at the Town and Country.

The reunion: Mick lost money on it. The band's relationship with Dan took the edge off their optimism. The demand for an album wasn't as strong as one would have hoped. Gerry Harrington had a heart attack and died. Four of the BAD members are still very friendly. Dreadzone records in Mick's studio (as does Rotten Hill Gang). In my view, Mick doesn't want to do anything to sour whatever legacy they have. The reunion produced some great shows, but they would need to do new material for more.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

They definitely played When The Time Comes at Sheffield Leadmill. Would have been 1992?

Have you ever heard this? https://www.discogs.com/Projekt-PM-When ... ter/226706

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Could someone up a decent sounding version of Ally Pally? My copy sounds like it was recorded inside a washing machine.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

* Sheffield Leadmill gig at which When The Time Comes was played was August 1991.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

The 'terrible' sample used throughout 'All Saints Rd' is, I believe, from The Warning by Logic on the Strictly Rhythm label. Executed on/ off stage courtesy of west London house DJ Roy the Roach, although perhaps also edited?