No 10 Upping St 12 inch mixes

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

No 10 Upping St 12 inch mixes

Post by AudioAmmunition »

For anyone not familiar with these, there are some interesting remixes on these 3 12" singles released from BAD's 2nd album.

Who the f!!! is responsible for that apostrophe in Beatbox's :naughty: At Dawn though, it almost pained me to type that in.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: No 10 Upping St 12 inch mixes

Post by laxman »

Thanks. For some strange reason I don't think I have V Thirteen on 12" vinyl but I do have the other too. Strange because it is my favourite out of the three.

I think you might need to get hold of the BAD Files.

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

laxman wrote:Thanks. For some strange reason I don't think I have V Thirteen on 12" vinyl but I do have the other too. Strange because it is my favourite out of the three.

I think you might need to get hold of the BAD Files.
BAD Files? Can anyone point me to those?

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

AudioAmmunition wrote:BAD Files? Can anyone point me to those?
Try http://www.esmark.net/bad/boot%5Cbad-boot-badfiles.htm
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

Thanks Oliver, will get some of those.

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by esmark »

Anyone got the "original" version of Hollywood Boulvard? The one with the sample of Peter Otoole: "Hhe's plastered", " so are some of the finest erections in europe", "If I were truly plastered could I do this?"

Can't locate it on any my drives. Pretty sure I had the old cassette/vinyl rip somewhere...

SteveSatch
Junco Partner

Post by SteveSatch »

I have the LP. I will look if I have a digital copy to send you as I have not had a turntable in a decade.
Steve
esmark wrote:Anyone got the "original" version of Hollywood Boulvard? The one with the sample of Peter Otoole: "Hhe's plastered", " so are some of the finest erections in europe", "If I were truly plastered could I do this?"

Can't locate it on any my drives. Pretty sure I had the old cassette/vinyl rip somewhere...

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Interestingly - I checked spotify version and that sample is removed and i just checked and its definately on my Vinyl / CD version.

Why was it removed and when ?

I also have checked the the lost treasures of I & II i assume thats the 12inch version and its not on that version either. They just call it Remix on the cover though

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

Here's the original LP version of No 10 Upping St shared on IMCT back in 2008 or 2009. I don't recall the original file format or quality - I burned it as an audio CD-R and then deleted the original files. I uploaded the CD-R here in bin/cue format to avoid adding a lossy generation to it.

The Peter O'Toole sample you mention is intact on this version of Hollywood Boulevard.

https://mega.nz/#!F9lgDShQ!sU2KYCNTn7QH ... ZdWho3SBJI
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

SteveSatch
Junco Partner

Post by SteveSatch »

The original release had three tracks that were later changed. Hollywod BLVD. was one of them but I can't remember the other two right now. It was on the LP as well as the CD. If you ever find the CD that has two extra remixes (Ice Cool Killer and the Big V but does not have Badrock City that should have the original mixes).
I looked and don't have my digital copy anymore.
NoMoreHugh wrote:Interestingly - I checked spotify version and that sample is removed and i just checked and its definately on my Vinyl / CD version.

I also have checked the the lost treasures of I & II i assume thats the 12inch version and its not on that version either. They just call it Remix on the cover though

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

SteveSatch wrote:The original release had three tracks that were later changed. Hollywod BLVD. was one of them but I can't remember the other two right now. It was on the LP as well as the CD. If you ever find the CD that has two extra remixes (Ice Cool Killer and the Big V but does not have Badrock City that should have the original mixes).
NoMoreHugh wrote:Interestingly - I checked spotify version and that sample is removed and i just checked and its definately on my Vinyl / CD version.

Thanks for the info steve. I have the original mixes on CD and vinyl.
I was wondering if it got removed as it may of been deemed explicit wording or something crazy like that. Or copyright reasons, Its a shame they got removed in the first place i am a bit pedantic about original mixes being changed. When i updated my vinyl Combat rock to CD i was totally put out when the advert was taken out that song it never sounded the same with out it.

I have also got the 12inch Of Hollywood Boulevard on vinyl as well which is strange as it was never a single - Do you know the story of that ?

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
SteveSatch wrote:The original release had three tracks that were later changed. Hollywod BLVD. was one of them but I can't remember the other two right now. It was on the LP as well as the CD. If you ever find the CD that has two extra remixes (Ice Cool Killer and the Big V but does not have Badrock City that should have the original mixes).

I have also got the 12inch Of Hollywood Boulevard on vinyl as well which is strange as it was never a single - Do you know the story of that ?
Correction i think i am confusing it with the flipside to V Thirteed

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

NoMoreHugh wrote:

Thanks for the info steve. I have the original mixes on CD and vinyl.
I was wondering if it got removed as it may of been deemed explicit wording or something crazy like that. Or copyright reasons, Its a shame they got removed in the first place i am a bit pedantic about original mixes being changed. When i updated my vinyl Combat rock to CD i was totally put out when the advert was taken out that song it never sounded the same with out it.

Was it that they got removed, or did they just release different mixes on the LP and CD?

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

I'm pretty sure the No 10 CD was released after the LP, they weren't released concurrently. The LP had different mixes of several tracks, V Thirteen and HB being the most noticeable. The No 10 CD contained alternate versions of those two songs, plus the three extended instrumental mixes at the end.

My understanding is that the original version of No 10 was never released officially on CD, at least in the US.
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

That version of V13 sounds like a total remake rather than a remix.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board