mick jones ex Libris....

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Low Down Low
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1163
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: mick jones ex Libris....

Post by Low Down Low » 07 Oct 2015, 5:07am

Do people think everything Mick does should sound like BAD or else it's going to be a disappointment? Have to admit, like most, I found these a little strange to begin with, but after 3 or 4 listens, I began to quite like them, especially the first three. They're different and interesting, and don't think they're meant to be taken too seriously.

mikel
Sightsee MC
Posts: 288
Joined: 04 May 2010, 8:17am

Re: mick jones ex Libris....

Post by mikel » 10 Aug 2017, 7:00am

Last week I had a pleasant surprise waiting for a WATERBOYS show to start, in the intro music prior to the concert beginning to play a melody that knew me known and after a moment of doubt i realized that it was one of these songs , this was SPAGHETTI JUNCTION, , a smile in my face , possibly the only one in that place who knew the origin
and it wasn´t a casuality after readint this ...
Mike Scott‏Cuenta verificada
@MickPuck
Seguir
Más
Former CLASH guitarist and BAD man MICK JONES six instrumentals http://disquiet.com/2015/05/15/six-trac ... team-mick/ … my fave: Spaghetti Junction, but all beautiful

drowninghere
Junco Partner
Posts: 498
Joined: 28 Jun 2008, 1:19am

Re: mick jones ex Libris....

Post by drowninghere » 10 Aug 2017, 10:26am

mikel wrote:
10 Aug 2017, 7:00am
Last week I had a pleasant surprise waiting for a WATERBOYS show to start, in the intro music prior to the concert beginning to play a melody that knew me known and after a moment of doubt i realized that it was one of these songs , this was SPAGHETTI JUNCTION, , a smile in my face , possibly the only one in that place who knew the origin
and it wasn´t a casuality after readint this ...
Mike Scott‏Cuenta verificada
@MickPuck
Seguir
Más
Former CLASH guitarist and BAD man MICK JONES six instrumentals http://disquiet.com/2015/05/15/six-trac ... team-mick/ … my fave: Spaghetti Junction, but all beautiful
that's really cool - love the Waterboys and now a nice chance to listen to these again - thanks!

coffeepotman
Junco Partner
Posts: 471
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: mick jones ex Libris....

Post by coffeepotman » 10 Aug 2017, 11:27am

Interesting...Bad Mood rocks out the rest are pretty mellow but I like them. Real growers

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12590
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: mick jones ex Libris....

Post by Silent Majority » 10 Aug 2017, 3:13pm

Silent Majority wrote:
12 May 2015, 4:17pm
I think Pretty Thing is pretty great. And I like Easy Going Man for the opening titles of a never-made Ealing Comedy starring Peter Sellers, Norman Wisdom and Eric Sykes delivering milk in 1950s London.
Heh. This thing I don't remember writing appeals to me.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1529
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: mick jones ex Libris....

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In » 11 Aug 2017, 1:22am

mikel wrote:
10 Aug 2017, 7:00am
Last week I had a pleasant surprise waiting for a WATERBOYS show to start, in the intro music prior to the concert beginning to play a melody that knew me known and after a moment of doubt i realized that it was one of these songs , this was SPAGHETTI JUNCTION, , a smile in my face , possibly the only one in that place who knew the origin
and it wasn´t a casuality after readint this ...
Mike Scott‏Cuenta verificada
@MickPuck
Seguir
Más
Former CLASH guitarist and BAD man MICK JONES six instrumentals http://disquiet.com/2015/05/15/six-trac ... team-mick/ … my fave: Spaghetti Junction, but all beautiful

Lovely.

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1529
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: mick jones ex Libris....

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In » 11 Aug 2017, 1:23am

mikel wrote:
10 Aug 2017, 7:00am
Last week I had a pleasant surprise waiting for a WATERBOYS show to start, in the intro music prior to the concert beginning to play a melody that knew me known and after a moment of doubt i realized that it was one of these songs , this was SPAGHETTI JUNCTION, , a smile in my face , possibly the only one in that place who knew the origin
and it wasn´t a casuality after readint this ...
Mike Scott‏Cuenta verificada
@MickPuck
Seguir
Más
Former CLASH guitarist and BAD man MICK JONES six instrumentals http://disquiet.com/2015/05/15/six-trac ... team-mick/ … my fave: Spaghetti Junction, but all beautiful

Lovely. Just texted this to Mick.

oliver
Bang Ice Geezer
Posts: 220
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 11:55am

Re: mick jones ex Libris....

Post by oliver » 11 Aug 2017, 9:47am

Silent Majority wrote:
10 Aug 2017, 3:13pm
Silent Majority wrote:
12 May 2015, 4:17pm
And I like Easy Going Man for the opening titles of a never-made Ealing Comedy starring Peter Sellers, Norman Wisdom and Eric Sykes delivering milk in 1950s London.
Heh. This thing I don't remember writing appeals to me.
I'm listening to this in a whole new light now :)
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35320
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: mick jones ex Libris....

Post by Marky Dread » 11 Aug 2017, 9:55am

oliver wrote:
11 Aug 2017, 9:47am
Silent Majority wrote:
10 Aug 2017, 3:13pm
Silent Majority wrote:
12 May 2015, 4:17pm
And I like Easy Going Man for the opening titles of a never-made Ealing Comedy starring Peter Sellers, Norman Wisdom and Eric Sykes delivering milk in 1950s London.
Heh. This thing I don't remember writing appeals to me.
I'm listening to this in a whole new light now :)
The tracks didn't really grab me much on first listen. However I have played them a fair amount now and enjoy them. Great for late night listening and I sincerely hope Mick does some more.
Image
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests