mick jones ex Libris....

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Re: mick jones ex Libris....

Post by Low Down Low »

Do people think everything Mick does should sound like BAD or else it's going to be a disappointment? Have to admit, like most, I found these a little strange to begin with, but after 3 or 4 listens, I began to quite like them, especially the first three. They're different and interesting, and don't think they're meant to be taken too seriously.

mikel
Junco Partner

Post by mikel »

Last week I had a pleasant surprise waiting for a WATERBOYS show to start, in the intro music prior to the concert beginning to play a melody that knew me known and after a moment of doubt i realized that it was one of these songs , this was SPAGHETTI JUNCTION, , a smile in my face , possibly the only one in that place who knew the origin
and it wasn´t a casuality after readint this ...
Mike Scott‏Cuenta verificada
@MickPuck
Seguir
Más
Former CLASH guitarist and BAD man MICK JONES six instrumentals http://disquiet.com/2015/05/15/six-trac ... team-mick/ … my fave: Spaghetti Junction, but all beautiful

drowninghere
Long Time Jerk

Post by drowninghere »

mikel wrote:
10 Aug 2017, 7:00am
Last week I had a pleasant surprise waiting for a WATERBOYS show to start, in the intro music prior to the concert beginning to play a melody that knew me known and after a moment of doubt i realized that it was one of these songs , this was SPAGHETTI JUNCTION, , a smile in my face , possibly the only one in that place who knew the origin
@MickPuck
Seguir
Más
Former CLASH guitarist and BAD man MICK JONES six instrumentals http://disquiet.com/2015/05/15/six-trac ... team-mick/ … my fave: Spaghetti Junction, but all beautiful
that's really cool - love the Waterboys and now a nice chance to listen to these again - thanks!

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Interesting...Bad Mood rocks out the rest are pretty mellow but I like them. Real growers

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Silent Majority wrote:
12 May 2015, 4:17pm
I think Pretty Thing is pretty great. And I like Easy Going Man for the opening titles of a never-made Ealing Comedy starring Peter Sellers, Norman Wisdom and Eric Sykes delivering milk in 1950s London.
Heh. This thing I don't remember writing appeals to me.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

mikel wrote:
@MickPuck
Seguir
Más

Lovely.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

mikel wrote:
@MickPuck
Seguir
Más

Lovely. Just texted this to Mick.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Silent Majority wrote:
10 Aug 2017, 3:13pm
Silent Majority wrote:
And I like Easy Going Man for the opening titles of a never-made Ealing Comedy starring Peter Sellers, Norman Wisdom and Eric Sykes delivering milk in 1950s London.
I'm listening to this in a whole new light now :)
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

oliver wrote:
11 Aug 2017, 9:47am
Silent Majority wrote:
10 Aug 2017, 3:13pm
Silent Majority wrote:
And I like Easy Going Man for the opening titles of a never-made Ealing Comedy starring Peter Sellers, Norman Wisdom and Eric Sykes delivering milk in 1950s London.
I'm listening to this in a whole new light now :)
The tracks didn't really grab me much on first listen. However I have played them a fair amount now and enjoy them. Great for late night listening and I sincerely hope Mick does some more.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia