Badrock City 4:15 edit

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Modernman
Dirty Punk

Badrock City 4:15 edit

Post by Modernman »

Working on a BAD project. Can someone share this version? Flac or 320mp3, if possible. Many thanks in advance.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: Badrock City 4:15 edit

Post by laxman »

I have it but only on vinyl. Does anyone have it as digital, please?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I have nothing.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Is this on the BAD Files?

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Inder wrote:
18 Dec 2018, 4:52pm
Is this on the BAD Files?
Only the full version I think.

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Modernman wrote:
15 Dec 2018, 2:03pm
Working on a BAD project. Can someone share this version? Flac or 320mp3, if possible. Many thanks in advance.
try this, Merry Christmas
https://mega.nz/#!bmRXyCxa!oYeIeb3-0UBH ... vfaI4ztCY8
. "Bikini Reds a state of mind,
I'm in a state and She don't mind"
  • Comforting the Disturbed and
    Disturbing the Comfortable

>>>>The Caped Curator<<<<

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

hairydot61 wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 8:01am
Modernman wrote:
Thank you. I think I concluded that it is just a fade out of the 7 minutes version. Is that what you reckon too? Thanks again.

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

laxman wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 10:47am
hairydot61 wrote:
Modernman wrote:
Thank you. I think I concluded that it is just a fade out of the 7 minutes version. Is that what you reckon too? Thanks again.
It does sound like it, I ran the two files and the wav's seemed identical in structure, I had a look on discogs and this particular edit only seemed to be available on CD on a various artists promo for Columbia Records ( Badrock City, The Columbia Record (A Special CD Sampler) Columbia 4:15 1987), that's why its hard to find a digital version, it is just faded at an opportune percussion break, cheers

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

hairydot61 wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 12:14pm
laxman wrote:
hairydot61 wrote:
Modernman wrote:
It does sound like it, I ran the two files and the wav's seemed identical in structure, I had a look on discogs and this particular edit only seemed to be available on CD on a various artists promo for Columbia Records ( Badrock City, The Columbia Record (A Special CD Sampler) Columbia 4:15 1987), that's why its hard to find a digital version, it is just faded at an opportune percussion break, cheers
I thought so. I had already edited the longer version down to 4:15 for laxman and Modernman.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

hairydot61 wrote:
laxman wrote:
hairydot61 wrote:
Modernman wrote:
Thanks. I have it on a 12" promo single with the full version on the other side. I think it is a B side to a 7" single too (C'mon Every Beatbox) but like you say it doen't really seem to have made it on to CD.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 12:30pm
hairydot61 wrote:
laxman wrote:
hairydot61 wrote:
Modernman wrote:
Thanks. I have it on a 12" promo single with the full version on the other side. I think it is a B side to a 7" single too (C'mon Every Beatbox) but like you say it doen't really seem to have made it on to CD.
As BAD were all about remixes and extended versions I expect the edit has long since been deemed superflous.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 1:04pm
laxman wrote:
hairydot61 wrote:
laxman wrote:
hairydot61 wrote:

As BAD were all about remixes and extended versions I expect the edit has long since been superflous.
True. I do however have a 2CD set of Looking For a Song and the "Greatest Hits - The Radio Edits". Sadly the Badrock City edit isn't on there.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 1:07pm
Marky Dread wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 1:04pm
laxman wrote:
hairydot61 wrote:
laxman wrote:

As BAD were all about remixes and extended versions I expect the edit has long since been superflous.
True. I do however have a 2CD set of Looking For a Song and the "Greatest Hits - The Radio Edits". Sadly the Badrock City edit isn't on there.
Yeah that is a bit of an odd comp with mostly A-sides.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Modernman
Dirty Punk

Post by Modernman »

Thanks for making the edits available. Often there are some vinyl versions that are hard to come by, similar to the recent 'Much Worse' thread. Marky, your collections are always brilliant!

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Modernman wrote:
26 Dec 2018, 10:51am
Thanks for making the edits available. Often there are some vinyl versions that are hard to come by, similar to the recent 'Much Worse' thread. Marky, your collections are always brilliant!
Nice one, thanks, I had a similar problem with some tracks by The Sabres of Paradise that are only available on 7" & 10" vinyl, particularly a mix called Wilmot's last skank, it had been put up on youtube as such but it was a longer version than credited on discogs, thing is you can't reference the track until you can listen to it and compare it with other versions of similar mixes, you can only assume.
I found a good condition 10" vinyl on ebay and it was different enough from the other mixes of the same track to digitalise as its never been on CD, spotter :shifty:
All the best with your project.